Tech support horror stories

Tech support horror stories.

>work tech support for specific line of internet connected smart tv's
>pic related calls in.
>"user this tv is too quiet! I think it's broken. You know I spend this much money on a product I expect it to work properly what is {company name} trying to pull?"
>"I'm sorry you're having that experience with our product ma'am could you describe the problem that you're having in a little more detail? Are you hearing any odd noises coming from the tv like popping or crackling?"
>"No! Just listen. I set the volume to 25 on my old Samsung and I could hear it just fine. I set the volume on this tv to 25 and I can't hear it at all."
>"Well the volume on this particular model increments all the way to 100. Could you try going to 35 for me and see if that improves the situa~"
>oldie interrupts "Obviously if I turn the volume up it gets louder, are you trying to say I'm stupid? You're not listening to the problem. I want it to be loud at 25 not 35. My old Samsung was loud at 25. You need to fix this."

Cont if there's an interest.

Attached: 8rbnx.jpg (620x465, 32K)

do it.

Jfc man
Please continue though

>no captchas?

I want you to continue but as a guy who built his first gaming computer back in 03 at the age of 8, this kind of shit makes me irrationally angry.

"user, why do you work at a restaurant while going to uni instead of finding an IT job?"

BECAUSE OF THIS.

Continue OP. I am interested

>OP makes fun of older person for not understanding technology
>OP wouldn't know how to change his own oil or replace a belt under the hood of his hard if his life depended on it

Attached: diner old men.jpg (1280x853, 268K)

Dude why are people like this

Attached: 1505879282400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I hear you Sup Forumsrother.

I do high level server/networking. Helping people with their personal computer can be annoying, as well as their TV. In cases like these, they just wanna have someone hear their gripe. The worst is when you fix it and they blame you, even cite your name, for it being broken again even though you didn't break it.

Now that I type this, where I'm at right now, it's like this at the higher level side too... now I need a beer... :(

Not IT but fuck this guy
> Customer walks to my office
> Old. Easily late 50's
> I'd like to report damage on my sofa
> Hands me photo
> "Sir you need to email photos to our reps"
> "I cant express mail these pictures"
> Youfuckingkiddingme.jpg
> No cell phone, no computer. He says technology is controlling our minds.
> "Back in my day you got immediate service. Youre making this difficult for me."

Im so fucking glad these people will die out.

yes. continue please.

Don't be salty friend. Someday you too might make enough money that you can afford an electric vehicle that doesn't require you to play with heavy metal legos every 20 months.
(Cont..)
>"Well ma'am I'm sorry you're experiencing these frustrations with our product. However numeric value of your volume increment is not a warrantable issue."
>"What?!"
>"It means I can't help you ma'am."
>"Well this is just ridiculous. I've been a customer of your products for years now and this is how you're going to treat me? I want a manager"
>"Ma'am I'm the acting floor sup and you literally just told me your previous tv was a Samsung. Now I can point out a nice speaker system for that tv if the overall loudness of the system is that much of an issue for you. But outside of that I can not do anything for you"
>"What's this about a speaker system?"

Sold her a 200$ sound bar on commission because she didn't like the numbers on her volume display. Does that count as a win in the end? The whole experience was kind of soul crushing.

It's like you got fucked verbally and you were tossed money like a prostitute IMO.

This

Just call it a win an get on with your life you slut

Isn't that all of tech support in a nutshell though? Get paid to listen to people bitch for 1/2 an hour and press maybe 3 buttons

Win for your company, fail for your trust in mankind I'd say.
At least those people serve a purpose by buying stuff.

My faith in humanity disappeared with my first 20 minute long call to switch inputs. It makes me wonder if the adaptation of new technologies by previous generations was always an issue. Like when horses were first being domesticated I bet you had the olds going around nailing horseshoes to the horse's forehead and bitching to the farrier about how his shoes were inferior.

Frustrating as fuck, but at least you were rewarded with the sale.

My dad had a bunch of these tech support stories, it was always funny

Bbbbbut i work in tech support and drift on the weekends for fun