Unpopular music opinions thread

Unpopular music opinions thread.
St Anger is absolutly not Metallica worst album. Sure, its far from perfect, music quallity sucks, many riffs are repeative, but let be honest, some riffs and vocals from this album are damn catchy.

Attached: St Anger.jpg (1425x1425, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h99nhdNnfm8
youtube.com/watch?v=6c69S3pD8qI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The B-52s are the greatest band of all time.

Evanescence's first two albums weren't this bad

>FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH MAH WOR SHAKE
>LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK AHN ERH QUAKE
dodododododododo dooooo doooo dodododo

Have you ever heard the St. Anger re-recorded mix some guy put on youtube a while ago? It's actually pretty solid.

youtube.com/watch?v=h99nhdNnfm8

Metallica hasn’t had a decent album since the black album. They are total premadonas now, Kirk hammer is a one trick poney and Lars Ulrich is a talentless hack. James is the only one with real talent. Cliff has some real chops RIP sweet prince. Dave Mustane should have never been kicked out of the band.

It's not a bad album, hardwired to self destruct kicks it's scrawny ass though

guitar solos ruin songs

It's better than black album for sure which is just mind numbingly boring compared to metallica's other records

Disagree but black album was one of the best produced metal albums of all time is undeniable. That recording stillsounds fantastic even when compared to modern recordings.

This. Usualy guitar solos are boring as fuck. Its better to make already a melodic moment like here

youtube.com/watch?v=6c69S3pD8qI 2:25 to 2:49

Rap is only good when it's personal and / or aggressive. I don't know what the rap version of stadium rock is called but I hate it.

Stadium Arcadium is the best RHCP Album, but any album with John is amazing.

Attached: 00990810-4F15-4546-9CA3-9E1C956FCA8E.jpg (220x220, 32K)

St. ANGER will always be made favorable Metallica

YA PUSH IT OUT
YA PUSH IT OUT
SAAAAYYYYNT ANGER ROUND MY NECKKK

Metallic is overrated trash
Red Hot Chili Peppers only has like 3 good songs
Country music after '10 is all trash
Drum solos are pointless and add nothing to the song

>FRANC DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK COCK

>FRANC DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK COOOCCCCKKKKKK

Attached: 158599 - metallica music st._anger.jpg (352x353, 106K)

Metallica sucked from day 1. Actually, all the "big 4" sucked.

inb5
>REEEEEE U LISTEN 2 RAP FAGIT

I'm a metalhead.

escape the fate isn't metal, faggot.
no, neither is mcr.

I think production is way more important to the success of rap/hip hop songs and albums than lyrical flow and content

Jason newsted and Robert Trujillo are both better than cliff burton

>escape the fate
>mcr
Thats cute, son. Try harder.

better where thou?
when it comes to backing vocals jason probably is better than james himself.
when its down to actual bass technique cliff has to take that cake.

Whitechapel and suicide silence aren't metal, faggot

Grrr

Attached: 4L_nG144TCa.jpg (1024x945, 150K)

>i'll call him son
>that'll show him who's boss

Backing vocals were ok, but him singing by himself is garbage. All jason's music post-metallica is absolute shit. A buddy sent me a link to some song of his and all I heard was "HONOR AND RESPECT MY BROTHER" and shut it off so fast my finger broke the sound barrier clicking my mouse. Shit was embarrassing.

Love shack baby

Anyone who thinks Lulu Is better is retarded.

Stop posting shit you listen to, kid.

If you dont like the "big 4", you dont like thrash. Nothing wrong with that, you dont have to like all metal if you are a "metalhead".

They're both better bassists than burton, they just have no creative freedom in metallica, newsted was better off with flotsam and jetsam and Trujillo with suicidal/infectious grooves, there's nothing special about cliff, metallica was definitely better with him though

I like 3/4 of the big 4 am I trve kvlt metalhead or poser?

what youre saying isnt actually too far away from what i think, so i agree in parts.
jasons bass lines were pretty whack, cuz he doesnt seem to be a super creative kinda guy. at least hes not creative enough to write original, nice material. maybe that plays a role in what you said regarding his non-metallica stuff.

he puts a lot of effort into shit thou. if you check out the older live vids on youtube or more recent stuff from reunion shows i love the energy he puts into it.

he probably hasnt got the skill and capacity to be some sort of claypool faggot, but hes got the heart is what im saying.

I only listen to the finest of metal.
Asking Alexandria and pierce the veil are my favorite bands

Oh come on. They don’t suck you metal hipster. You may not like the big four but to say they suck is just ignorant and denial.

Not a metallica album

its ok to state stuff, but youre not really backing anything up by saying "they were better bassists". what makes them better?

>Kirk hammer(sic) is a one trick poney
If that trick is playing guitar very well, I agree.

it is thou.

They are extremely overrated. Metallica is still making the same music they were in the 80's, only thing different is they all got too old and lost their aggression. Plus, James cant sing anymore and thinks he's a greaser, kirk went "artfag" gay, Lars cant drum, never really could but still likes to tongue kiss other men... The only thing they have going for them is the crab walking beaner

He plays the wah pedal very well that's for sure

all he does is stomp on his wah pedal and do the same pentatonic solos

No

So its confirmed that you've tasted dick before... Not surprising.

Granted he stays very much in the pentatonic scale. He's certainly not the best guitarist out there, but he's solid. He more than does the job.

Hammett is like a watered down slash that relies on wah too much

>Metallica is still making the same music they were in the 80's

you sure are an expert on this topic. good job.

I liked death magnetic and hardwired to self destruct. Not they’re best but solid albums. Also they’re cover album wasn’t bad either or at least I like it.

>Hammett is like a watered down Slash
Almost all guitarists are a watered down Slash.

he's good at what he does for the music especially the time i just feel there's much better, diverse guitarists.

No, you just havent heard very many bands. Step outside that safe space and go discover more music.

yes tho

Yeah your dad's big juicy faggot cocktail tastes so good

The newest parkway drive is not the same as all the other and is good.
>Also you right
>st anger
>fuel
>refuel
>all good albums

Slash is shit

they should've quit after black album, they're like a country hard rock band now

Completely agree. Just saying it's a bit dishonest to say he's a one trick pony.

Nah. He's one of the best guitarists to ever play the instrument.

yeah fair enough

Na can't you read? It's by some lulu person

Maybe but he's still shit

Straight up fuck you dude. I’ve listened to almost every kind of rock/metal there is out there since I was a kid. Old stuff to the newer stuff. The big four don’t suck you god damn metal hipster.

That's because parkway started out shitty and now they're getting good

So he's the best guitarist to ever pick up the instrument, but he's still shit?

Mkay?

But have you heard this band?
(Insert band name here)
No?
Fucking poser

fair play

Best? Lol

thats pretty spot on,user.

Fair dinkum

Hey Mr. Trujillo, watcha doin?

not much,just tryin to figure out what basketball jersey to wear today.

Attached: 1517106347349.png (363x563, 15K)

Slash may not be the best technical guitarist but damn his style and skill are fun to listen to. I met him while he was in velvet revolver. Nice dude too. Humble as fuck tho

Practicing the crab walk at all today?

Megadeth is my favorite thrash metal band so, from my perspective, the best thing that have ever happened to metal was the departure of Dave from Metallica.

Try me...unless it’s screamo....can’t stand that teenage crap.

The way I see it we got two great bands from him getting kicked out. Win win

Taylor Swift had potential until she crossed over.

I've had that shit mastered since i was in Suicidal!

This isn't an unpopular opinion.

Metallica is so over rated I’ve seen them live few times over the years the suck ass live. The drummer sounds like ass the guitarists have some basic bitch refs. The bassist now is some fat fucking beaner that plays a bass sounds like muddy fart. All the singer ever does the whole time is go ohhhh yeahhh woooah woooah yeahhh ohhh yeahhhh most over rated band since the beatles

Attached: 192B5372-E993-4790-985C-9AEC8C6874CF.jpg (700x350, 179K)

Your replies speak volumes. You havent heard very many bands if youre angrily defending bands like metallica...

>post something so I can look them up on wikipedia real fast then post basic info like Ive listened to them for decades: the post

i agree st. anger was actually one of my favorite metallia albums because of its strange uniqueness & it had a few good songs on there
plus ending with
> KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL
was funny as fuck

Jesus fucking Christ. I’m not even a huge Metallica fan but yeah I’m defending them cuz you keep saying they suck when they clearly don’t. You sound like a bratty little kid. Ok then what are the best metal bands to you?

I stopped listening to Metallica when they came out against Napster and proved they were only doing it for the money

It’s not great and it sounds like Lars is using a trash can but it’s not the worst. Nothing is as bad as that shitty Atlas Rise song or the album they did with Lou Reed.

I think the most overrated band is Nirvana. I don't think they are bad but for fuck's sake so many people think they are jesus christ with a bullet, if you pardon the pun.

Mama, she has taught me well, told me when I was young...
"Son, your life's an open book, don't close it 'fore it's done"...

Guns and roses sucks a bunch skinny fucks acting like there tough high pitch faggy vocals that sounds like his nuts got cut offf. The fucking most sleaziest guitar shits riffs ever made

Attached: 08C5D4C6-AF71-43E6-BFD6-6E2F29CD4D43.jpg (400x400, 56K)

With very few exceptions, there have been no good alternative bands since the early 2000s.

Alternative Nation was 2 hours long because of all the content. Now, nothing...

All of Metallica's work has its own merit; even Lulu had some good riffs, albeit Lou Reed's incoherent babbling kind of fucked most of them over.
St. Anger is a really good album too as long as you look at it from the perspective that James and the rest of the guys had at the time -- kill kill kill, everything sucks, anger, etc. Frantic, St. Anger and AWMH are songs that worked well with that production and just wouldn't sound as sincere if they weren't paired with the trash can and bumblebee tone guitars.

High on fire is the lamest entry level metal band next to mastadon. Those two bands should "die on fire". Tryhard crap rock. I'm mad.

I should also add that if you're actually interested in St. Anger or Metallica at the time they made the album, watching Some Kind of Monster will explain the shitstorm of that period

Rap is not music its just noise.
Same goes for all electronic music.

*tips fedora*

Attached: 1520540630424.jpg (497x453, 63K)

Lost all respect for them when they went on camera and started crying like abuch of pussys. God damn what a bunch of cry baby faggots kicking and screaming I want my money wahhhh

Attached: C443EC1A-ABC1-4A9C-A5C8-B0C5E7D72442.jpg (480x693, 104K)