Essential art rap

for newbs - there were no good essential charts for art rap / experimental hip hop, so i made my own

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l59BpPLV00E
youtube.com/watch?v=_5Yi6ebjv60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ratking is mediocre

Young Fathers is mediocre and barely rap

Death Grips doesn't need two spots and Government Plates is more definitively art rap than those two

Dr. Yen Lo is a better album than Honor Killed the Samurai. HKTS is also fairly traditional Wu Tang style compared to some other Ka records

This is actually a great entry level chart though.

>art
>rap

go back

98% of that list isn't abrasive

Disagree that Ratking is mediocre, in my eyes developed a new unique style of noisey east coast hip hop - completely different flow to anything more accessible

Young fathers are barely rap but still think they bump - check out their song with massive attack to change your mind

included both exmilitary and money store because i felt money store is more electronic whilst exmilitary is more aggressive and noisey - thought they should both be there
government plates is probably more art rap but wouldnt hook any new entrys

agree with the ka comment

trap music is infinitely more creative, inventive, and impressive than anything on your list.

for newbs

lmao this isn't even accurate. stop getting all your music from needledrop

more accurate than this shit

>trap
>good
HA [x75]

and it sucks

accurate then some 16 yr olds fav rap albums?
both are shitty charts. just stop
what gives abrasive "rap" the title of it being called "art" rap. when music itself is already apart of art.

art pop in itself is retard. don't bring this mess to hip hop

Bait

nope its trueyoutube.com/watch?v=l59BpPLV00E
this is pure nihilistic hedonism in music form. none of the music in that chart. takes it to the lvl this guy does on this song. the beat and the aggression from his vocals is pure art.

plebs. stick to open mike eagle telling you how about how the smell of his girlfriends hair is like sandalwood on a march afternoon or some gay shit like that

this is real patrician shit youtube.com/watch?v=_5Yi6ebjv60

nah

that's the cringiest chart I've ever seen.

Really? You think gonjasufi is rap?

>talking about trap
>pure nihilistic hedonism in music form
What a pseud

Seething pleb

>Not being able to accept rap itself as an already-established art form which conveys an urban message of vigour and transcends the limits of language.
These are some dangerous assumptions you're making here pal.

Should add this to the list

Take the word abrasive out of the title, first of all
Then give one of DG's spots to Dalek

Or bedwetter

>art rap
thats a pretty pretentious term. what do you even decide is part of that? whatever you feel like is "artistic" enough? and you also decide what isn't "artistic" enough? is wu-tang-clan art rap? they are pretty creative to me. is young thug art rap? hes pretty creative to me. what about kanye? a lot of people call him a "creative genius". does that make him art rap? is it whatever isn't mainstream? what does it even mean?

just realized you put "abrasive shit" as a descripton for art rap. i don't see how art = abrasive but even if you want to make "abrasivness" the key feature of art rap: a lot of the stuff on your chart is nowhere near "abrasive". so that can't be it.

If this isn't on your art rap chart, it's a bad chart.

what did you use to make this?