youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs

>muh Major
>muh philosophy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXGPERcDvio
youtube.com/watch?v=hVqrW-fPOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is Euron Greyjoy Batou? did most of the budget go to Scarjo or what?

scarjo a cute

Reminder to you newshits and Sup Forumseditors

Motoko is a huge tasteless Korean pleb

I think he's an odd choice but I really can't think of anybody else. Maybe he auditioned and did well.

whats with this trend of movies that use remixes of 80s songs in their trailers

it always sounds like shit too

Will it be in the movie?

this actually might be kino

CUTE

Visuals look good.

But it's going to be shallow, full of slow-mo and cool poses.

>Muh whitewashing
>Muh youtube audio quality
>Muh tachikomas
>Muh Batou
>Muh shitty adaptation

Trailer looks great, plebs

This is Major

Part of it is in trailer so yes.
Just look and Kuze will be driving the tank and its the big dumb ending.

Looks okay
not sure why I need another rehash of the same topic again though
real life remakes of anime movies are even worse than american remakes of hong kong movies.

Major is cute. CUTE!

Major DooDoo

Funny thing is they'll all still just begrudgingly watch it instead of just ignoring it like any sane person.

If i want to watch the show should I watch the Movie first or Stand Alone Complex?

Fuck these props look shitty. Guess they couldn't afford Weta

Movie first

Just run it through le 80s retro filter and it looks cool again

They are pretty different, but i suggest going trough the movie first.
The series wrestle with different themes and the world is not sot so 'rugged'.

This is false.

>whitewashing

Uhh have you watched the anime? The major is a white girl. In fact everyone looks white except for very specific characters (wow just like the trailer)

Looks like actual film with actual depth and not artifical depth

95 movie then innocence, its sequal.

then the tv series and the movie that follow it.

read the manga whenever. I am just partial to the 95 movie first because its so beautiful. the animation is some of the best 2d you can find

Its really three different takes on the same basic story

Watch GitS and maybe GitS: Innocence then stop. Nothing else was good.

Lookin' hot

I will be honest, the race of the major is of no real importance. That being said they look Jap all the characters do.

Its part of the trick of animation, the detail is not perfect. a white guy sees white people a jap see jap people. Only people that are out of luck are black people

Well I think it looks pretty good, especially for an anime adaptation

youtube.com/watch?v=aXGPERcDvio

>a jap see jap people
No they don't

test

It looks good...
Except for the whole "THEY STOLE YOUR PAST" shit.

which is total dogshit. in the whole of GitS and movies and series and everything, Kusanagi is nothing but an orphan who's parents died in a plane crash. She and a boy were the only survivors, but she totally borked except for her brain. And so they transferred her to a prosthetic body and she grew up with it. No "MUH EVIL CORPORATIONZ" stuff

WHY IS MUH HUSBANDO SO Young?

You are telling me togusa or the old ape look white american? or even this shitty cosplayer does not resemble the major?

People can easily see their own race in animation because everything not as defined as real life. Especially when light skin is an ideal in japan and was long before white people were visiting

Yeah, if nothing else the visuals look good in a way that isn't goofy, which is more than can be said for most live action adaptations, American or otherwise
I don't have high hopes for it but I'm pretty optimistic that it won't be complete tripe

Holy shit thats perfect

Its a rubber prob, not a a close-up prob.

Questions about her existence
There are no evil corporations

You know this a thread about Ghost in the Shell right?

Weta did work on this movie.

fuck I hope more of the soundtrack ends up being like this, not everything being from the 95' but has the vibe and energy

Her past has all been revealed. Nobody stole it, she's the victim of unfortunate circumstances that led her to greatness. There are evil corporations in the GitS universe, yes, but Kusanagi is not a victim of them. She's state property, like James Bond. Plus Cyber thingies.

REMINDER that the first scene in the full movie is a montage of the construction of Major's body just like in the original anime.

It even has the same music that the original anime had

KINO! KINO! KINO! KINO! KINO! KINO!

This
Hope you guys are ready for anime adaptations to become the new capeshit

So basically leave after the opening.

This shit always cracks me up.

Animated characters are by their nature simplified. As such it's easy for you to project your own ideals onto them. If you look at a stick figure, you have no idea what race it is.

Signifiers of race are only necessary if you have a bunch of characters from different races together. This is the reason that in an American cartoon, an asian character has to have overtly slanted eyes so you can tell he's different from the other regular characters. Consider the fact that in The Simpsons, all the white characters have huge perfectly round bulging eyes. Do actual white people have eyes like that? No.

Japan is not a racially diverse country at all. So they can draw people how they like. When white people are featured in anime amongst the otherwise Japanese cast, the differentiation is made not through the designs of their eyes, but usual through their noses, they usually have strong noses, and often blue hair and blond eyes, and their demeanor plays as much a part in making their foreigness clear as their design.

It's also worth highlighting that the older a character is, the more detail their face has to convey this, and as a by product of this, they usually end up looking more Japanese.

So consider this: When a character has a Japanese name, speaks Japanese and lives in Japan, you can be pretty sure they're Japanese.

Now of course, in Ghost in the Shell, it's made clear that the Major is a sort of mass produced, default model. As a consequence of this, you can't really be sure what race she's supposed to look like. Is that a default model in Japan? Or a default model worldwide? You can't really know. But frankly you'd be better off playing it safe, than coming up with a convulted reason for her to have an American body over a Japanese one. In this movie they've played it safe by having her only ever be referred to as "The Major".

Her past in only really mentioned in the shows, not the manga or the 95'. Kusanagi directly mentions her questioning of being state property a lot to batou in almost every iteration and if its worth being just a tool and property.

what the flying fuck is this? This isn't GiTS

>visuals look good
>it looks like a bland minority report

>become
This is very cute, Sup Forumsedditor

If this movie doesn't make bank on ita 200m+ budget then it won't happen

Amazing what the magic of cinema can do

This is the first version of enjoy the silence that i don't enjoy.

>does the exact same thing an anime from 95 did
>this is somehow praiseworthy

>Implying 3DPD can every be as beautiful as 2D

Go to a gallery some time and compare paintings of people to a photograph of people.

The paintings, even if crude,, can often evoke greater emotions and are far more beautiful to look at

>not '95 version
>not naked
>wrong music
>replaced with dub rock fusion

yeah, not interested anymore

this

>There are no evil corporations
Are you kidding me? There are this logo of evil corporation everywhere and there are terrorist group who fights this corporation and they try to persuade Major that she fights for the bad guys and they are the good guys. Typical plot line

>and often blue hair and blond eyes
haha, whoops

great post. deep, insightful. really adds to the thread

I'm glad they found a fat short jew to play the Major. Really stickin' to the canon.

hahahahhaha
fucking fat belly. Is she pregnant?

Looks better than I was expecting it to be.
Kinda wierd how they're focusing on the Majors' backstory when she's never really cared much about it, but I guess its to let people connect to her for those 'human feels'.
My only hope is that they don't force some sort of romance bullshit in there.
Other than that... eh.
I'm okay with this.

What are they even trying to do with this movie? I understand the purpose is to cash in on the name, but it just seems like another modern action movie. Maybe the trailer is misrepresenting it, but the original GitS was rather unique in how it did action and violence, and this new one doesn't seem to have any of that. And it looks like they're taking the story in a whole other direction. Like whats the point?

Are you a moron? I'm replying to saying there are no serious influence in the series, when there quite clearly is.

It looks like it's going to be so boring. I want to watch it when it comes out(pirate of course) but it just looks so boring and I just can't take it.

But isn't that what you cancerous plebs want? Your iqlet media to be remade 1:1 but in live action?

You know when you spam "WHO DO U CASTEDED IN

>everything they told you was a lie, they did not save your life

This really fucking hurts because the cinematography actually looks great.

honest answer jew gold. The problem is that the aesthetic of 95 film was lifted from shit like blade runner, and then the matrix came and lifted a ton of shit from ghost in the shell.

Its easy to do when media markets are separate. It is much harder now when you can see it all and tell where all the good shit is from

This

>is literally nothing but a brain in a jar after plane crash
>"they didn't save your life"

NOPE

It's based on the second season of the TV anime, which has some focus on her backstory. And also a slight romance.

>When the original theme starts

Fuck, that was like a fucking time machine back to 1999

Guys, could this actually end up being really good?

>But isn't that what you cancerous plebs want? Your iqlet media to be remade 1:1 but in live action?
Why would anyone want that? I can just watch the original. It will always look better than live action could ever be.

yup, one of the best covered songs and they somehow fuck it up. This movie will not have a single saving grace about it, will it?

>MUH AMNESIA
fucking die, Hollywood.

As long as they do that 'typewriter' thing for the credits as its opening, i'm cool with this.

Also i'd be alright if this was a shot for shot reimagining, down to the same exact plot and ending and all that.
I feel just a tiny, itty bitty spark of hype lighting up in my cold, cynical heart.

>Simon and Martina
I've tried to hate them but I can't

>Its easy to do when media markets are separate. It is much harder now when you can

Yes but the anime major had it done as a child, hence she has problems identifying as human. she views herself as more machine because its all she knows.

new movie major appears to have it done as an adult, she is talking to the tech. she would have none of the struggle beyond getting used to the prosthesis

>Shots of the City raised some very decent hopes
>Dialogue buried all hopes 6 foot under.
FUCKING WASTE

>major this

Cool. I never saw much of the series, (aside from a random episode or two here and there over the years) but i've heard good things.
Is it as good as the original movie?

They won't everyone will say they stole from the matrix

>talking about movies on Sup Forums is reddit
Are you fucking retarded user?

>Minorty Report

Clearly it looks more like Blade Runner than anything. But I'm willing to bet you're too young to even know what that is.

CHING CHONG SCARRET NO RIKEY REPUBRICANS CHOP CHOP

You know it'll be pg-13

No. It has more action though.

The woman singing sounds like a Bulgarian folk song
youtube.com/watch?v=hVqrW-fPOQ0

I don't want to sound like I can never be pleased, but I don't feel like this is necessary to make this movie good and justify its existence. If anything it feels lazy and pandering.

But then I'm of the opinion this movie didn't need to be made. Ghost in the Shell exemplifies anime. Trying to make live action anime is kinda goofy. Like in The Matrix it was kinda like a gimmick

The more I watch it, the worse it gets.

This looks so fucking shit I wish I could unsee it.
The original first film was perfect as it was.
A life action adap - bastardisation is unnecessary. Hopefully normies won't go see it so this shit bombs.

Unless they changed the music for the Dubbed version of the movie, it did not have the same music as the 95 film did.Go watch the trailer again. They're playing Depech Mode - Enjoy the Silence

This is the 95 film music.
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc

>"THEY STOLE YOUR PAST"

AYYYYYYY

Why is she kissing a girl in the trailer if shes a robot?

>fat

Clueless virgin detected. That's called healthy layer of THICK. Of course you only ever having interacted with your own hand will not know this.

they're both robots

He came to Sup Forums because of star wars 7 so yes

Uwe Boll would've made a better movie out of this

Those giant ass holograms look stupid as hell