David Bowie Thread

Everything David Bowie

Bowie was a hack

Bowie was black

Bowie was a snack

With George Michael.

Bowie smoked crack

Bowie had a nice back

I've actually listened to a shit ton of Bowie this week, for a long time I have been meaning to go through his discography but only managed to listen to some random stuff here and there but this week i just went off, without thinking much and just listened to that seemed interesting. So far I have listened to: Lodger, Diamond Dogs, The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust, Earthling (already heard) , Heroes, Scary Monsters, The Man Who Sold The World and Station To Station. Do any of you people have recommendations where I should head next?

Bowie wore a mack

Low and Hunky Dory for sure, they're two of his best

Thanks

Bowie smacked a brat

try blackstar

Bowie had a sack

I've heard it already

Aladdin Sane
The Next Day

I'd recommend listening to everything he made chronologically, he has great progresion.

If you liked The Man Who Sold the World, then go back and listen to Hunky Dory and Space Oddity. If you liked Lodger listen to Low. If you liked Earthling listen to 1. Outside. If you liked Ziggy and Diamond Dogs listen to Alladdin Sane. Heathen is also fucking amazing. And 80's Bowie(Let's Dance, Labyrinth soundtrack, Tonight and Never Let Me Down) is different and corny as hell, but so fucking fun. And Young Americans is comfy-core.

Listen to anything you want, but leave The Next Day and Blackstar as last two albums to listen to, ast hey are referential to his career and other songs.

post some non-Bowie albums for Bowie fans

Bowie didn't played knack

I've heard Aladdin Sane already

Thanks man, I guess i'll continue based on albums I liked and after some time just listen to everything chronologically. I just have a few What is your favorite Bowie album? How did you go through his discography? Do you like the track African Night Flight off Lodger?

*I just have a few questions.

He's fucking judgemental, that's for sure.

Fuck you Bowie, what else would you put on fire?

last night i listened to Low for the first time. Holy shit.

Honestly, hard to pick favourite, since he has such he has such diverse genre library. But if I'd have to pick one, I'd pick Space Oddity, beautiful and musicaly somehow simple songs, at least compared to his later albums, with great lyrics, or Earthling, which sounds weird and amazing, or Scary Monsters, which is just beautifully and lovingly angry.
I went trough Bowie's discography in weird progression. I have very vivid childhood memory of Ashes to Ashes, becouse it was in some TV documentary, and the clip gave me nightmares, as adult I rediscovered the clip on youtube and loved the song, when next song started, Modern Love, this great wave of nostalgia just flew all over me, I suspect my mother, great woman with great taste, used to play Bowie in our home. After experiencing this, I downloaded Bowie's entire discography and listened to it chronologically.
African Night Flight is cool song, it is successfull in translating the feeling of, well, african night flight into song, love the chanting. All of Lodger is amazing, I hope you had I Pray Ole in your version, that song has similar "burnt" feeling to it's sound. Now I'd like to ask you why African Night Flight off Lodger?

>I hope you had I Pray Ole in your version
I didn't

>Now I'd like to ask you why African Night Flight off Lodger?
I love the weird feeling of the instrumental and David sounds almost like he's rapping. I've been addicted to it since I heard it on thursday. Also props for having Earthling as one of your favorites, I also love that it's really different from other Bowie stuff. Little Wonder is amazing.

>LET'S DANCE

Reminder that Station To Station is his greatest song.

African Night Flight is fucking brilliant. So ahead of its time. Best song on Lodger.

bump

I went to a party at a bar for his 69th birthday. and then a few days later he died.

as far as sell out albums go lets dance was decent

But that is a Bowie album.