Looks like my best buddy's gonna get put down this week, maybe next...how did you deal with it Sup Forums

Looks like my best buddy's gonna get put down this week, maybe next...how did you deal with it Sup Forums
I've always been ok with family members deaths but the thought of losing him is making me sick

>Feel free to post pics of your dogs/pets

Attached: 12871455_10153848929833411_7336800946696832697_n.jpg (717x960, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlAmKsmLav8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is he being put down?

make these next couple days his best

put him down yourself. you will feel better about it in the long run.

idk man, family members don't get put down. I don't know the situation so I'm not tryin to say its not necessary I'm just saying my dog could have been put down 2 years ago but hes still hangin in there...blind as a bat

Think his kidneys are failing, german shepard genes and all that.
Plus h'es been losing a fuckton of weight and his diets not changed so could be some sort of diabetic issue as well, although i'm not too sure on medical stuff so I could be talking ocmplete shit.

doesn't sound like your dog needs to be put down...at all

Just repeating what the vet says :/ heres hoping you're right

thats how it start, had a dog go the same way. would double up on food morning and nights and she still lost weight

its just a not yet sort of statement, death is inevitable but if I were a dog I would rather die at my HOME with my loved ones. Worst case scenario is you need the vet to come to you for euthanasia

the vets don't mind telling patients these things, they get paid to kill animals and none of them mind, most of the time. It is an unfortunate business and one of the reasons I've stayed away from it myself. Another reason is the vet could just be trying to get you all ready for the inevitable, however saying that it sounds really early on in the process I think it was a bit premature

OP, stick to your plan and follow through with it. Be with him until the end, and make his last day especially memorable. Get him a cheap little steak and get him outside for a while if it's nice. Keep plenty of pictures and memories of the good times you spent together.

I've put down two dogs and a mother in the last year. Know that when you do this you are taking away their pain and making it your own. No more suffering. It's for the best. Don't hesitate, don't second guess your decision. There will be guilt, but you must know you've done your absolute best, and that it is appreciated.

Attached: Screenshot_20180127-191109.png (720x441, 119K)

you understand doctors say the same thing to people with terminal cancer right? they tell them they are going to die. soon.

Yea i've always preferred that to having them put down in a clinic, dunno why though.
Also gonna bump with a few photos I can find

Attached: 242127_10150208340088411_6001965_o.jpg (1600x1200, 378K)

Lol grow the fuck up boy.
You'll go through another dozen or so pet deaths in your life.

Attached: 10301054_10152271004033411_2342177748898711878_n.jpg (275x206, 20K)

Attached: 12871455_10153848929833411_7336800946696832697_n.jpg (960x717, 166K)

Attached: 19396600_10154989096603411_6673335813022096965_n.jpg (960x717, 102K)

Attached: 19420853_10154989089373411_3227785038995672216_n.jpg (960x717, 130K)

That's the last of them on my pc, might post more from my phone later though

Attached: blurryasfuck.jpg (960x717, 159K)

You've been a good companion to him OP. Whatever happens your doggo doesn't blame you. They also know when they're on the way out, he's probably already made his peace with it.

You're full of shit. Vets don't make money putting animals down, they make money keeping them alive longer than they should. If the vet says the dog needs to be put down, it's to spare him the pain that's coming up.

The reason we don't do it to family members is because it's illegal in most places because of an ancient book full of lies and superstitions. People endure agony when there's no chance of survival just because of a bunch of bible-thumpers.

Have fun with your superficial feelings OP.

Attached: FF2AE311-3ADA-452B-91B6-560544E3D296.gif (500x281, 992K)

considering the fact that no logical person puts money into keeping their pet alive longer (especially when you end up owing them $15,000 in some cases higher) they actually do advise putting them down, so they can at least make SOME money off of it. sad but true. sorry you feel salty bruh.

He's a beautiful dog, man. Sorry to hear that, but it's part of loving dogs. The only bad part.

not going to lie, you are correct ethically speaking there are many dilemmas around human euthanasia however I'm not saying it is wrong, I'm saying there is a right and wrong time to do it...and clearly this is not the right time for OP, as I'm sure their dog has longer than a week to enjoy life. Vets advised I put my dog down years ago and hes happy as can be, just fed him some dank rotisserie chicken cuz I'm a vegan and don't eat animals :p

other anons are correct in saying youve been a good hooman for this doggo. Clearly a happy pup. Enjoy the rest of the time you have, and try to make it as long as possible for both of your sakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlAmKsmLav8

I remember when one of my dog died, the other dog became lackluster and morose.

People need to quit saying “doggo” and “pupper”. I want to kill you cunts for using those fucking terms

Youll be fine op :3

Attached: IMG_20180305_214621_282.jpg (397x398, 17K)

Calm the fuck down. It's not about you, it's about this awesome little animal who is on the way out.

this is gonna sound fucked up op but getting a new doggo helps

My doggo had to be put down a couple of years ago. He had blessed us with his presence for 16 years and he was the best dog anyone had ever known. The vets closed for the whole afternoon when he was put down because everyone there loved him so much, they wanted to make his last few hours extra special. So many people came to offer their condolences, I had never seen one dog change so many people in my life until I met him.

Saying goodbye was definitely the hardest part. I would feel like I was finished but then I would go back and say goodbye again, and again, and again. I just couldn't bring myself to accept it was his time when he was conscious and smiling right infront of me. I felt as though it was a sin to end the life of one who changed so many others.

I cried continuously the following week after his passing. It was so horrible. Not a day goes by that I'm not wishing for him to come back. I still cry sometimes when I think about him too much. It hurts, man

Faggots

> come home from school
> user we need to talk
> next doors dog attacked little Miffy at lunchtime
> I'm sorry but she was too badly hurt, we've had to put her down
> I'm a fucking teenage boy but just burst into tears
> Why didn't you call me, I should've been there for her
> That night go to bed with the pillow she slept on just so I could smell her
> Spend the next week in a real sad state
> Don't want to do anything
Funny how losing your companion can hit you so hard

Be their when your friend is put down. I mean hold your pet as much as the vet will allow.

Mourn him as long as you need to and get a new one

Give another doggo the real good times and keep giving your love dood

My dog I had from ages 9-20 was my best friend. He ate some bad dog food (it was recalled) one morning and didn't make it another hour. Vomited, laid down, and off into the great unknown he went. The thing that makes me the saddest is that I wasn't there for his final few minutes, he was always there for me. God damn it, now I'm getting emotional.

Well it is an animal and nothing more.

I had to go through something very similar with my German Shepherd. Max was my best friend in the whole world. When no one else was there for me, he always was. He was always there to greet me with a smile and his tail wagging. A few years back he had to be put down because he was getting old and couldn’t hardly move. When you go, make sure you give him a great day. Take him for car rides, give him love, good food, and talk to him. Dogs may not understand what you say, but they do listen. Remember that you are doing this for him, not to him. He trusts you with his life, and he loves you. Probably more than you realize. You have to be strong for him. Because he can’t be strong anymore. There will be grief, you might feel bad like you could’ve done something better. But that will pass. And it’s only normal to have second thoughts. Just make sure he knows that you love him. Because he loves you.

I had to have my border collie put down. I'm really not a crier and I literally bawled my eyes out for a couple of days. It does get better but you'll have to white-knuckle it until then. Sorry you're going through this OP.

> Real cold out
> Door is ajar
> It opens a little an hallway light in
> hear my dog shuffling around the room
> Look down and see her smiling at me
> Tell her 'come on girl, climb up'
> She wags her tail and tries to jump up
> She's not been well ltely so I pick her up and place her next to me
> I hold up the blankets and she burrows down
> Messed around trying to get comfy
> Finally settles herself next to my legs and starts cleaning herself
> Hear her really gnawing at her paws, I always thought that was cute and funny
> Fall asleep with my best friend by my side
> The next day we put her down. Cancer.

I miss her.
F.

>how did you deal with it Sup Forums
Get a puppy. Sucks they live for so short a time, sorry user.

Attached: KaoruPupper.png (1063x598, 1.13M)

sleep tight, pupper