Is Sea Song the best song of all time?

Is Sea Song the best song of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Bp2xBp9bhQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[wawawawa intensifies]

No, Hallogallo is

no, but this album is the best "I get all my music taste from an Italian pedophile" -indicator of all time

seriously didn't even know Scaruffi liked this

t. someone who likes an album that Scaruffi rated badly

Scaruffi has really good taste.
A lot of pedophiles do.

this album starts with really two well-written, memorable songs, and then it goes off into a mostly boring free jazz frenzy, with very few good moments

all for the sake of being experimental

yeah, this is #2 on Scruffy's top rock albums list and a pretty high approachability/obscurity ratio - easily the one from his top 5 that people on Sup Forums are likely to initially know from his list, others being Trout Mask, Faust I, first Doors and VU&Nico

Grandfather: Rock Bottom
Grandmother: Desert Shore
Father: The Good Son
Mother: Loveless
Son: Perfect From Now On
Daughter: Alien Observer

Don’t ask me what this means.

I never found this album remarkable in any way

Alifib/Alife is the best part of the album tho.
There's very little actual "jazz" soloing aside from Little Red Riding Hood.

OLIVE
OLIVE
OLIVE
OLIVE

it's up there

>and then it goes off into a mostly boring free jazz frenzy, with very few good moments
I thought exactly that the first time I've listened to the album. I also didn't pay much attention to the lyrics and free jazz parts were extremely grating and seemed out of place. When I've revisited the album and followed the story, atonal saxophone complemented the lyrics perfectly and left me devastated and frightened. Please revisit the album.

I wish Rock Bottom was more jazzy like the Soft Machine stuff is

Van Morrison mixed jazz influences with singer-songwriter feel better than Wyatt or Buckley

I'll also say that my favorite part of Rock Bottom is that on Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road the guitars suddenly start sounding a lot like Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn and I was annoyed because why but then you realize that not only did Ommadawn come out a few years later but it's actually Oldfield on guitars and that's pretty cool

So, Sea Song isn't even my favorite track on the album

youtube.com/watch?v=7Bp2xBp9bhQ

This version of Little Red Riding Hood Hits The Road...

Goddamn Sup Forums, its so beatiful...

Nah dude. My Favorite Things by Coltrane is the best song of all time.

The Theatre Royal Drury Lane live album features Mike and others, and includes jazzier performances of the songs on Rock Bottom.
Check it out if you haven't already.

I just listened to that for the first time the other day and it's such a fucking journey. good shit

you don't get it. it's not for everyone, chill out.

Adulthood is realizing the first two songs of the album were meant to be appetizers to the god tier songs later.

listen to this, you motherfuckers

that was alright, but I still prefer the album version DESU - love that random Oldfield-out-of-nowhere going into the odd folky ending shit

my god, the doors and tvu, half the people I know are scaruffidrones and I never knew