youtube.com/watch?v=rRhREqKcfBU&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3FfHbPl7TdV-BUtjpSt8RD
youtube.com/watch?v=e9QAlYV6qsY
youtube.com/watch?v=umUWQY9oyCw
youtube.com/watch?v=xOld-kvQYm0
youtube.com/watch?v=u0T7QzuiYtI
youtube.com/watch?v=mm18evaMzJo
youtube.com/watch?v=i-FUuiHBH1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

marina and the diamonds, the 1st time i heard hollywood, i remember almost tearing my hair out bc of how vapid the lyrics were, legitametely stressed me out

>just a pooooolish guuurl
>actually ma names marina

i was about 12/13 when the song was getting major airplay if i remember correctly,

i can enjoy pretty much any music, even certain pop songs if theyre objectively ''passable''

but if something is shit my ears will close up and my brain goes into autism defcon mode

All the fucking crunkcore

Can't seem to get into hip hop. They always focus on lyrics, which was never really important to me when I listened to music.

I do like instrumental hip hop though.

DEATH FUCKING GRISP BITCH AYE AYE

animal collective, death grips and that kind of experimental music

free form jazz

Autechre to a certain extent

a lot of metal. I'm finally getting into burzum lol but most other types of metal are foreign to me

Death Metal, mexican music,

pop punk because it's shit

Most electronic music. Especially Daft Punk. I don't understand why Daft Punk are so big.
Fuck normies.

>Ears closed, autism mode engaged
Haha same

Music where lyrics are the focal point.

Almost any metal

Trap rap

R & B

Pop Country

EDM

Only Autechre record I like is Amber

American 2010s EDM
pretty much most metal outside of sludge and drone
modern pop punk
to an extent i would also say hip hop but i do like a massive amount of it; i just find it's never a genre that i can instinctively listen to of my own accord

None, for I am patrician

this

every single song sounds the fucking same

the point of the thread isn't to post obviously shitty genres you dont like mates

>listens to EN
>finds anything inaccesible

Haha! No.

agreed, the fact that there are bands that are 2nd wave of a genre that was so void of substance literally hurts me physically

metal
free jazz
instrumental post-rock

Hip hop, I can't get passed the almost universally cringe inducing lyrics. It's seems to be either generic "fuck da bitches get dem monies" garbage, or political statements that won't age well. I'm not entirely opposed to politics in lyrics – King Gizzard's "Sense" and "Melting" do climate change protest songs right, and everyone knows For What It's Worth and Fortunate Son are timeless. – but political rap tends to be too specific and aggressive to age well. I'm also not a fan of how simplistic hip hop arrangements tend to be, I'm a progtard so that can't be helped.

If anyone thinks there's hip hop that doesn't fit any of that I'd be glad to hear it.

I guess that's a compliment

This. If you listen to music primarily for the lyrics you’re a faggot that should just listen to slam poetry instead

Emo

Of course it is, mein nigger!

I listen to and enjoy a lot of abrasive and experimental music, but I just fucking can't get into Kanye. I like other rappers and hiphop, but Kanye is 2deep4me.

prog rock
classical
beatles
bowie
merzbow
most jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=4Gcxyvt2owg

British Dance Band (other than The Caretaker, but that doesn't really count)
Medieval Classical (if feels like there is 0 experimentation or progression)
Pure Harsh Noise Diarrhea (albums with actual structure like While You Were Out I can enjoy because there is some structure and dynamics)

unintentionally badly produced music

*that kind of non-challenging and widely accepted branch off pop aesthetic

where do i cop some of these intention-hearing ears you have?

Trout Mask Replica

All metal is so fucking boring to me. When I liked the genre when I was 13 or so, I used to like it because it got me hyped. Now nothing about it is special.

check out paysage d'hiver and I shalt become, it's pretty much the same sound but you get ore hipster cred cause it's less popular
but in all seriousness, what kind of metal can't you get into? BM is an extreme subgenre, I can't see why you could get into bm and not thrash, doom, nwobhm...

yeah I'm sure that the bands you listened to when you were 13 are the best metal can offer

this and stockhausen

Swans. I really love the idea of the music they produce and I listened to some of White Light and enjoyed it and I listened to all of Public Castration is a Good Idea but their discography is overwhelming and so varied. I have no idea where I should even begin.

>inaccessible
none, really
>of no value whatsoever
some

This is not an insult to your favorite genre, user. It's just a genre I can't into anymore.

i can't enjoy hip-hop much, tried some albums, but it's kinda boring for me idk why, death grips are alright but also not my favorite

I don't have a favourite genre
I just think it's kinda stupid to write off a genre because you've listened to the worst bands in that genre

Rap. I don't like their extreme emphasis on lyrics, and even if I did, their social and political commentary errs on the naive side.

Emo. I'm not angsty anymore, I'd rather listened to music dealing with melancholy or greyness.

did you read the op idiot? did you read what the thread is about moron? what the fuck did you expect?

you don't need to be rude to have a good time on the internet :^)

normies don't understand a thing about electronic music

>I just think it's kinda stupid to write off a genre
you werent having a good time either lad

industrial will always be the superior genre anyway

>write off a whole genre
except I actively try and listen to metal bands considered good and none of it I care for. Also the old stuff I used to like is still fairly enjoyable. It's a recycled genre, though, and usually over rated.

yeah, let's get back to good times with this gif of a cat and his/her kitten

you are saying untrue things but I'm too tired to argue, so I redirect you to this gif

Anything which I can't understand the point of.

Even if I don't like the music of an artist (Let's say Kendrick or Linkin Park) but I still know what they're going for I can have a meaningful discussion about the music. For groups like Death Grips or Animal Collective I have no clue where to even begin

the smart thing to do would be to link /good/ metal but I guess that isn't do-able :^)

that's entirely subjective, however, the cuteness of this cat isn't
what you could do is tell me wich metal bands you still enjoy and I'll give you more bands in that style, or just tell me what you look for in metal or in music in general and I'm sure I'll find something for you

Harsh noise

Wow youre gonna have a rough time around here...

cute cat ;-;

I like a lot of thrash/pizzametal stuff.
The last band I listened to and liked was Havok. I thought I could get into viking metal but i've found it to be cringey and just not heavy enough.

Black metal always makes me feel uncomfortable in a bad way.

nah

Reggae. I hate those subjects about smoking ganja, black's slavery and praying to jah. All the rasta culture is fucking trash. I'm not a racist, I also like rap or blues, but only reggae gives me a cancer.

>he thinks Sup Forums has good taste

yea if he doesn't want to listen to the same shit every day, MBV, radiohead, talking heads, slint, but yea you guys have such good taste totally unique

most of the thrash I listen to is blackened, so here's some of my favorites
most of it is just as corny and riffy as pizzathrash, so I don't think the transition will be that hard
it's just that the lyrics are about satan and not about beer
so yeah, a bit outside your comfort zone but I still think you could like it
youtube.com/watch?v=hrytePjx_ps
youtube.com/watch?v=EgTrXxXc9-E
youtube.com/watch?v=NroXdOYGerc
youtube.com/watch?v=IQh7isexRRM
now it's your turn to make me discover some music

also there's only one good viking metal band and it's bathory

OP asked about music, not lyrics

>76249679
I don't mind occult themes/lyrics at all. I listen to a few satanic artists that just do acoustic/noise stuff so that's no biggy. I'll check this out, for sure.
Honestly user my taste is probably shit. I've really left the suggestion box that Sup Forums has so I might be a fucking pleb.
Stuff that I've been liking lately;
youtube.com/watch?v=rRhREqKcfBU&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3FfHbPl7TdV-BUtjpSt8RD
youtube.com/watch?v=e9QAlYV6qsY
youtube.com/watch?v=umUWQY9oyCw
youtube.com/watch?v=xOld-kvQYm0
youtube.com/watch?v=u0T7QzuiYtI
youtube.com/watch?v=mm18evaMzJo

Just kind of some recent stuff. I work at a record store so my taste is a lot of whatever comes through used type of thing.

no witchaven in a blackened thrash recc???

youtube.com/watch?v=i-FUuiHBH1I

everything except country and rap