Dr. Strange worth watching

Is this any good? Like does it stand out from other marvel movies? I love Tilda Swinton and don't mind Beandick Cuminbum, but I'm not convinced it's worth seeing in theaters.

it's kino

I liked it. The effects are pretty spectacular, and well worth the ticket imo.

I saw it in 2D with Atmos sound, and was blown away by the effects, but this is actually a movie I could see being even more impressive in 3D, so if you can, try and go for that.

It's very tame but it doesn't suck. Feels almost like a kids movie (moresoe than the usual marvel movie)

nah

It's terrible capeshit. Just Iron Man with none of the charm and even more forced quips.

Why did he not turn back the time when Tilda Swinton died? What a shit movie.

better than Arrival

This is even worse than Civil War and Avengers 2 if you'd believe that. Marlel just gave up. Retards will see it anyways.

It's good. See it in 3-D.
>first scene is a decapitation
>the car crash leaves those 11 screws in his hands
>in 3-D the hands are held out right at you
>for kids
I see.

its like the most marvel marvel movie

extremely safe, basic plot and entertaining enough but the whole process feels just very manufactured.

>contrarian for disliking a movie so dumb even kids think it's shallow
Keep eat that Disney shit you fucking sheep.

if you browse reddit you will love it

It's ok to pretty good. Top 3 Marvel flick under Ant-Man and GotG.

Waaaay better than overrated, visually inert Russos

>ive come to bargain

i walked out of the movie at this point. did justin "if you kill your enemies they win" trudeau write this movie?

Story is alright, comedy felt completely out of place, effects are amazing, pity we didn't have a full LSDesque Dr Strange movie but Iron Man with Inception visuals. Far better than the two Thor BTW

honestly the best part about it is the visuals, you'd be missing out if you didnt see it in theaters

dont see it in 3D though since the effect just cant keep up with all the layers of CGI

You'd expect a movie with crazy visuals to have a unique plot full of twists.

It feels like these movies are being made with test audiences and executive orders.

He cannot beat Dormammu, he's too powerful

Hark! What bait from yonder post breaks?

>Inception visuals
Either actual watch both movies back-to-back so you can actually see how little they have in common or stop talking about it.

this. 3D would have melted my brain.

My only problem with the movie is he never has that "moment" where the doubt leaves him and he can suddenly use magic effectively. It took me out of the movie somewhat.

>It feels like these movies are being made with test audiences and executive orders.
Because they are? They're a company that's trying to turn a profit.

I loved the ending when they crashed the dark dimension with no survivors.

It's complete and utter shit. The special effects aren't that special until the last 20 minutes when they get to Hong Kong.

the movie only stands out in its usage of magic which is different than the rest of the superhero movies. The rest of the overall feel and plot is very familiar territory

the other thing that does stand out are its somewhat psychedelic visuals so if you are interested at all, its probably better to catch it in the theater

Tilda Swinton is also pretty good so maybe thats good enough

She was so cute during the scene where she dumped Strange on Everest and was waiting for him to open a portal back.
I think Mordo implied this type of thing had happened before?

It was ok. The whole thing with Marvel seeping Avengers-type shitty jokes in for cheap laughs is getting out of hand though. It already ruined Captain America, and with this movie its entirely possible every new movie coming out from them will be like that

It's entertaining, but very formulaic. It has the typical issues an origin story movie has, including a boring villain. The effects and world bending are really cool though.

>Mister Doctor, I'm Dormammu.
>ehh, you don't get to bring bargains
>was getting killed a part of your plan?

I agree it's worse than AoU, but Civil War was good.

i was also waiting for a scene where he'd take off the ring and be able to use the force beyond the once thought limitations that everyone else was used to. It never came

It didn't have that many jokes though, and the ones that were there weren't that out of place. The only one that really put me off was the bit near the beginning where they were guessing song titles during surgery.

Yeah but you'd expect them to do something slightly different now.

They just seem so afraid to stray away from the formula they current use.

Beyonce was cancer pls

>implying surgeons and other professionals with incredibly stressful jobs don't do this.
It's how they disconnect from the fact they might kill you in a split second.

I actually like that. He still has to complete his studies, he doesn't simply "get good".

I also found his journey of acceptance rather poignant, especially him putting his broken watch back on his broken hand and accepting it as a strength.

It's a formula that works and makes them money, what possible reason could they have to change that?
When you put it like that, I guess there wasn't any comedy I took issue with.

>was cancer

This phrase is cancer. Did you le cringe too?

thanks for reminding me why I regularly don't come on here

>what possible reason could they have to change that?

Well from creative standpoint, it's not that great, but if you're making billions I guess you have no reason to worry.

It has the typical Marvel problems (underwritten villain, too many quippy jokes) but the visuals are really something, worth seeing on the big screen I'd say.
Tilda was great, and so was Beneficial Cucumber (this was the first thing I'd seen him in, fwiw)

Don't waste your money on the 3D though, surprisingly it wasn't really worth it.

Beyonce? Adele?

Disney shills expect us to laugh at these quips

>guy with photographic memory and an established connection to music makes a bunch of references to music
>this is upsetting
Aristotle?

same, I'm glad they didn't rush and make him the Sorcerer Supreme by the end of the movie. He did seem to advance too quickly from "can't do shit" to "masters high-level things" but I think they set up his lack of experience as a flaw well enough.

You meet a guy with one name and wanna lighten the mood with some banter- what do you say?

It was fine.

>masters high-level things
He still fucked up lots of basic stuff.

Jokes aside he would have been a good Doctor Strange, too bad marvel wanted the tumblr crowd.

It really makes you think...

I left. I don't care that their supposed to be for all audiences pandering like that is cancerous.

>too bad this profit-driven company wants to make money from the crowd that pays for movies instead of pirating it
Gee willikers.

He's a very poor actor, my man.

this, they should have catered to this board

>I see.

This made me laugh way harder than it had any right to.

Best MCU waifu, 10/10 would switch to ER for.

>that scene in the closet when the portal's closed and she's scared by the falling mop
I fell for her then.

Beyonce is not a clever reference. It's bottom-of-the-barrel.

That isn't Betty Ross. until she gets recast for the next Hulk movie

>bottom-of-the-barrel

Ooh how discerning, a man of taste. Because it's not like they want their films to appeal to mass audiences.

By not making light of a terrorist who incites violence against police and milatary families for starters.

Yes and the mass audiences are idiots. Which the movie reflects perfectly well.

He couldn't have said some classic great? It had to be the top of billboard shit? WOW THIS GUY MUST KNOW TONS ABOUT MUSIC

>He couldn't have said some classic great?
Aristotle is both classic and great, Satan. You would know he mentioned that particular person if you'd actually seen the movie, but you didn't, did you?

A lot of people have been complaining about the jokes but I thought they all worked pretty well except for the one with Strange saying celebrity names to Wong.

Satan, why should he have said "some classic great?" To pander to your strange, entitled expectations? That would not have been funny, and like it or not, the non-autistic appreciate some levity.

Strange was a superficial man, obsessed with fame and watches, not a stretch to think he'd quote some pop culture figure rather than Cicero or something.

Aristotle didn't play music you fucking queer. I explicitly remember he mentioned Bono, Beyonce and Adele as music artists. Holy shit it's like Marvel didn't even have the balls to name one music artist that isn't known by every retard on this planet.

>Strange was a superficial man, obsessed with fame and watches
This reminds me of someone else in the MCU.

Someone who is rich and vain and cocky

And then ends up in an accident

And then becomes humble as he learns a new art

Hmm, I wonder who?

I had no idea who the people he was talking about at the start were, during the mid-surgery quiz. Of course you wouldn't know about that scene either since you didn't see the movie.
Thor.

>Marvel didn't even have the balls to name one music artist that isn't known by every retard on this planet.

What sort of convoluted logic is this? To pander to some hipster ideal you have?

>It's bad because too many people got it.
>They should have used popular opera singer Caruso instead

MISTER DOCTOR DO SOMETHING!

It's proof that these movies pander to the same fucking retards where musical knowledge goes as deep as fucking Beyonce. Ponder on that. Imagine all the retards listening to Beyonce. You are just as bad as them. A fucking sheep that consumes whatever is marketed the most in your face.

Capeshit? Worth seeing?

Choose one.

>the movie panders to the largest audience possible to make the most money possible
Wow. This is unthinkable.

You sound lucid and well adjusted, good job.

Yes and I'm saying you're consuming content made for the common retard who also likes Beyonce and TBBT. Reevaluate your taste.

>you're part of the vast majority of people
I'm okay with this. My identity is not defined by my quest to become a special snowflake.

In terms of everything but visuals, it's the most average movie I've ever seen, No peaks, no valleys, just an absolute pancake of a film.

Bump.

Why?

Kinda agree with this.

Yes, we're all mindless robots except for you. And your mother, I suppose, currently washing your hardened underwear.

Might should go on back to your animes, Otakon.

Because I wanted.
Bump.

>le cringe
What a faggot, back to with you cancer.

Good visuals
Mads is great
Bendthedick Cuminabitch makes me forget he's an ayy lmao so I guess that's good acting

Honestly, this movie would have been better without the magic subplot.

It shows he has a good memory and a knack for trivia.
That's good about Doctor Strange, though. He's always learning, exploring, advancing. The world is huge.
At the start I really didn't see it, but once he grows the beard and ages a bit he looks perfectly Strange.

the generic marvel movie with just one good visual sequence, and guess what, it ends with a quip

Quipfest simulator with razor-thin story. Marvel business as usual.

Cookie cutter as shit, but it has the best villain interactions and cgi in the entirety of the MCU, and most action flicks in general.

Story wise is typical of MCU, visually and character-wise (some characters) it was kino.

>stupid long not funny wong name sequence
>stupid mcadams "funny" scenes with stick falling down and she calls again lol guyz
>stupid stan lee mememan cameo
>dreamworks level cape gag that runs too far.
>lol wong can laugh too guys u liked starlord amirite?
>lel they work for you am i right
>lol momomou im come to bargain
>lel i bet u dont know how to use that lel

i could go on

It was alright but it was overhyped as shit. Somewhat shitty dialogue and too much shoehorned comedy.

Most of that was funny to the people in the theater I saw it in. Maybe give it up and stop watching these?

Trump, I've come to renegotiate NAFTA

It's like 2001 Jr meets Inception at a bar, fucks her, and then lets Marvel Studios raise the bastard.

Good one to see with your boo.

The quips were fucking terrible. Way worse than orange slices. The whole wong/beyonce thing was retarded.

The rest of the movie was decent though. The themes of crucifying ones ego and realizing the world doesn't revolve around you are fairly well done.

literally which one is funny ?

when mads mikkelsen was so stupid he thought the name of strange was doctor

I watched it with a bunch of normies reee and even they didn't laugh. Just awful comedic dialogue.