Will rock music ever be a major cultural force again?

Will rock music ever be a major cultural force again?
Were grunge and Britpop its grand finale?

Why did Liam always have his microphone set up so high? He's always having to reach up just to get to it.

Lemmy does the same thing, just how they're comfortable with the mic.

rock music will be popular within a decade
just wait for some black guy to start making emo music and record labels will be all over rock again.

You mean Emo and Metalcore.

nah it wont even be the blacks, whites will come back again or at least we will have another ''70s'' esque balance of peace and harmony between blacks and whites

This.
People these days follow everything niggers do.
If some nigger don't revive rock i will do it by myself.

stop making these god awful threads holy shit.
Yeah, just ignore nu metal, emo, garage rock revival, metalcore, indie, etc
fucking moron

Are you upset?

means they don't have to look at the people.

More like a shit finale

yes.
HURRRR ROCK IS DEAD
who gives a shit how many fucking radio friendly unit shifters rock music is selling, who gives a fucking shit teenage morons havent been brainwashed into being consumerist morons for gitar music.

I wish there was a device that let me reach threw the internet and rip your throat out you capitlist swine

>2000+17
>being a communist

>Yeah, just ignore nu metal, emo, garage rock revival, metalcore, indie, etc

All of these were minor fads with a specific target audience(in the case of most of those genres, that audience being teenage boys) and limited commercial/critical appeal(or in the case of a few of the mentioned genres, no critical appeal at all).

You have no idea how huge grunge and Britpop were if you think fucking nu-metal and 2000s corporate indie rock were of a similar scale. The whole thing about those two movements was that they were taken seriously both by casual listeners and "serious" music enthusiasts. You could walk up to any normie in any bar in 1995 or 96 and ask them who Kurt Cobain or Liam Gallagher were and they'd know.

>you capitlist swine
top kek go back to your tumblr

>HAVE YOU TRIED NOT PLAYING D&D? THE THREAD

kill yourself mate
You are pathetic
If more rock bands(real rock, not indie garbage) sell more people will make rock
Stupid faggot

"minor fads"
>nu metal - dominated radio and record stores for months, absolute phenomenon among teenagers and 20somethings, stayed relevant for 5 years or so
>emo - one of the most popular forms of music throughout the 2000s, had mainstream appeal, made it onto radio and into popular culture
>metalcore - basically see nu metal
>indie and garage rock - not mainstream but still has millions of fans among 20something hipsters and teenagers
they were all big movements, don't pretend like they were irrelevant just because they were mostly crappy musically

I want Quality AND Quantity.

In contrast to the widespread pop culture frenzy that surrounded something like Nevermind or Be Here Now, yeah, they really were minor.

>nu metal, emo, garage rock revival, metalcore, indie, etc

Easier to reach high notes

>what is pop punk/emo in the early 2000s
>what is indie rock and the whole hipster phenomenon

And now. What we have?

Are you a nigger?

No.

trap is the new rock

rap is not rock