Is the Sorcerer Supreme going to be the new face of the MCU after Infinity War?

Is the Sorcerer Supreme going to be the new face of the MCU after Infinity War?

Robert Downy is getting up their in age, and more importantly is really expensive. Dr. Strange and Tony Stark have the same personality, and both are entertaining as assholes. The only main difference between them is that Tony craves attention while Strange only cares about knowledge/accomplishment and doesn't need to be around people.

I know a lot of people think its just a rehash but I really enjoyed Dr. Strange, besides the post credit scenes and the infinity stone name drop it is the first Marvel film in years that actually feels like a standalone film whose purpose is not to just move along the story to Infinity War. The visuals were great (at least on IMAX 3D, originally planned for a normal screening but that was the only show available), the characters might of not felt new but the experience was, it wasn't overbearing and the effects were done nicely, unlike a Jerry Bruckheimer flick.

What is the general consensus of the board, more specifically from the people who dislike capeshit, do you think Dr. Strange stands out from the rest?

Doctor Strange might be their new Tony Stark, but if they can make Spider-Man work, that's the money-maker.
Also the movie was great, people who dislike capeshit will dislike it without seeing it because it's capeshit.

Yes, the plan is to phase out the longtime characters whose contracts are running out (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye) and replace them with a new generation of characters (Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier).

Are they really going to push Winter Soldier to main event? If they do is it the Bucky incarnation or is it going to be someone different?

I also hope they expand on Loki more in future films, at least give his story a full-arc before they stop featuring him/Thor in the MCU

They've got Bucky now so why would they change that?
>Loki
I doubt he'll be around much after Ragnarok.

Outside of Tony, Loki is the most interesting character, and IMO is better than Tony, he made the first Avengers a great flick.

The guy has so much inner-conflict, hes kinda like Kylo Ren but isn't an annoying little bitch like him. I really don't have a lot of faith in Ragnarok in regards to Loki, I feel like he will be one or the other, good or bad, not conflicted like he was in Thor and The Avengers. It would be such a waste if they don't complete his arc before Tom Hiddleston deal is up

Ant Man and Captain America Civil War both did not lead into infinity war, and those were the last two Marvel movies. Your point doesn't stand.

Fuck you, Ant-man was just a setup for Civil War and Civil War was a setup into Infinity War showing the Avengers will change

anyone stop and think about what we have done?
when the MCU shifts after infinity war it's going to be the wild fucking west
a scramble to find the most obscure shit that we have now proven to be profitable with guardians and doctor strange. mistakes will be made

we are spoiling ourselves
enjoy it while we can

This is a stupid fucking theory, they explicitly set up that Avengers deal with physical threats while Mr. Doctor deals with the supernatural

They deal with different shit, there's no encroachment

Wait are you all marvel studios employees or something?

OMG OMG OMG OMG

no
we as in the movie-going public

I don't see how Strange could be SS and be full-time on the Avengers.

He's gonna be like, "I'm busy with my Sorcerer Supreme duties, ask Wanda to fix that shit."

They are going to get the rights for Xmen and FF. Ican't believe Fox is doing another reboot

Throwing in a tacked on scene saying "Ant Man will contact the Avengers" is not a setup for the next movie unless it existing is enough to trigger your autism. Its not actually an element in the plot that effects anything. Captain America lives with the Avengers and leads them after Age of Ultron so of course the team will be in his movie and have some kind of plot progression. That is setup and character progression which is the best and most natural way to do it, and leaving the team split doesn't directly say "WE'RE ONLY DOING THIS TO SET UP MORE MOVIES" its just a plot progression. I dont see how you can complain about that and be ok with Doctor Strange which sets up significantly more by making the eye of agamotto an infinity stone.

As you said yourself, the purpose was not to "move along the story to infinity war" and my point still stands that the purpose of Ant Man and Captain America wasn't to do that either.
>inb4
>character progression!?
>haha here's a reaction pic and quip!
It technically is, thats the word for it no matter how shallow it is in practice

>getting so assblasted over capeshit you say "Fuck you"
lmao

who says he's joining the avengers?

Does Strange actually have that personality in the comics? I was pretty suspicious that he was so similar to Stark in the movie. I always figured him a serious sophisticated person.

They tried this in the real MCU and it failed spectacularly. Nerds do not like magicians being at the base of their fantasy comics universes for some reason.

First Avengers was a film, not a flick you fucking pleb

t. marvel employee

Is anyone else bummed the Russos are doing Infinity War and not any other Marvel director at all?

Their cinematography is non-existent. Compared to Gunn's vision of the cosmos in GotG, Reed's lil mini verse of Ant-Man, or even Dormammu's black-light, Ditko-eque dimension, the Russos have offered nothing in the way of visual imagination. The Infinity Gauntlet saga requires more.

Supernatural in Marvel can often mean the same thing as ancient space god.

I dont know if you remember in GotG they showed a Celestial destroying a planet, thats the kind of thing Mr. Doctor would deal with as well as if a Mad Titan tried to kill everyone on Earth. Thanos is straight up magical, and in the Infinity Gauntlet comic it was Stephen who untied the heroes to fight him. Just to show how much of an overlap there is, here's Thanos talking to the devil.

Well in the comics doctor strange is actually a large gay black man with impenetrable skin and perfect aim. I don't think the comics really crossed anyone's mind since the film made him a straight white man who does magic

He is cocky and arrogant with good intentions.

>He is cocky and arrogant with good intentions.

literally me

I guess there was no impressive camera work but the set design and lighting to the third act of Civil War looked pretty cool. "fight in an airport" isn't exactly a visually exciting location. In the comic they had a lot of fights in city streets which would of looked a lot more cool if it was done like the comic art but frankly it makes the heroes look irresponsible and petty. All the examples you brought up were much more high concept than the inherently bland locations a character like Iron Man will visit. Guardians of the Galaxy looked good because they got to go crazy with the set designs and space visuals, something the Russos simply haven't had the chance to do I guess.

He is serious and sophisticated, but he's also an asshole. Relies less on sarcasm and a very different sense of humor than Tony Stark.

Are you also nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humor?

>Marvel is planning to make an Eternals movie

>there's going to be a Dr Strange led Avengers movie before there's a successful justice league movie

wow, really increases blood flow to the cranium.

Iron Man was just a setup in to Avengers.

Ant-Man literally had nothing to do with Civil Besides him meeting Falcon. Its was very contained.

Civil War is basically an Avengers movie, of course its set up.

IDK why these movies being told as continuous stories is being looked at as a bad thing.

Stop watching cartoon movies, you sad piece of shit. Grow the fuck up.

They dont have the balls, you're lying

Whats sad about that? Why dont you share with us all what you watch and enjoy, because i doubt its a continuous stream of indie art house and anything other than that will be equally snarked at.

On one hand, the action will be great, especially the physical part of it which is a lot of what Thanos is. Im very excited to see how they handle Hulk, Strange, Captain Marvel, Warlock, Groot, etc in battle.

On the other hand you are right but at the same time Russos have never been tasked with making a movie as visually demanding as Doctor Strange or Guardians. I would hope they let Russos direct the movies but hire the visual effects artists from Doctor Strange and Guardians for Infinity War movies.

He's definitely going to be a major player in Infinity War. You can't have a guy like Strange on your team and not use the fuck out of him. Especially when it's manned by a talent like Cuminhersnatch.

there's not really a thing such as magic in the marvel universe, it's pretty much all explained by their in-universe science. Strange is most likely their resident in all things multiverse, as Reed Richards isn't in the MCU.

Curious, what were the budgets for Dr. Strange and GOTG?

Both of them had good visuals, at least better than BvS, I'm just wondering by how much on average a marvel movie does better than a DC movie with a smaller budget

So who is Strange going to get along with most in the avengers and who is he gonna be an asspain to?

get along with:
>Tony
Both successful geniuses who succeeded in their fields and are now heroes and are ok with going behind people's backs for certain things.
>Cap
A war veteran with a moral code and uses his gifts to try and save/defend those who can not.
>Panther
A successful person that takes lead of his country when it needs him
>Thor (if he's around after Ragnarok)
Extremely stoic and powerful figure who wants to clean up any mess his people make and helps Earth as well.

Get into shit with:
>Banner
A scientist who fucked himself up and runs away from his problems rather than try to do everything and anything to solve it.
>Vision
nearly invulnerable being that sits on the sidelines in fear of people not understanding him.
>Wanda
same as vision. Not invulnerable but very powerful
>Ant Man
Someone who wastes both his intelligence and his gifted tools and has a lack of drive.

Strange strikes me as the type of person who views people that do not strive for excellence as inferior. Which is why he did not freak out more about The Ancient One using the dark magic to extend her life (since she was using it to protect earth). Stark is the same way, but also seems to recognize that not everyone is as gifted as himself and that some people just won't ever understand certain things. which is where I believe Stark and Strange might disagree.

Tony and Strange would not get along, both have huge egos and think they are the smartest guys in the room, both like to be in charge

"Guardians of the Galaxy" was $230 million.

"Doctor Strange" was $165 million.

Kevin Feige already confirmed Iron Man and Doctor Strange will become good friends, and I imagine he'll also interact with Scarlet Witch a lot since they confirmed she's an actual sorceress.

They both have large egos, but Stark recognizes intelligence when he sees it (like with Banner), and Strange probably is more open to the idea that other people know a lot more than he does considering there was a giant multiverse that he did not really know actually existed.

Stark has also been able coexist with other egotistical people like Fury without too much conflict. I don't think Stark really wants to be leader, he just doesn't to be lead by someone (at least before Civil War and signing the accords.) And Strange doesn't strike me (yet) as the Leader type but more just independent.