Why does nobody rate Emmylou Harris?

>active since the 1960s
>collaborated with John Prine, Steve Earle, Neil Young, Mark Knopfler, Roy Orbison, Gram Parsons, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, and John Denver
>played with The Band during "The Last Waltz"
>was part of Guy Clark's band in the 1970s
>worked with Eno protege and U2/Peter Gabriel/Bob Dylan producer Daniel Lanois
>highly influential to the alt-country movement

>vaginashit

Listening to the duet songs with Grant makes me sad

she's been considered acceptable country on Sup Forums for as long as i can remember even though for a long time she was just a Country Joan Baez. she only became a legit songwriter in her own right within the past 2 decades.

Sup Forums can't into country.

I've enjoyed her for years now.

Me, too.

I only really know her from her supporting vox on I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, but she has a beautiful voice. Maybe I should check her out. where should I start?

Wrecking Ball is a great album

you can't go wrong with her early albums. luxury liner and quarter moon in a ten cent town are standouts. she's more folk than country these days. i'd recommend hard bargain and wrecking ball as late career highlights. her collabs with dylan (desire), bright eyes (wide awake), willie (teatro) and knopfler (all the roadrunning) are worth checking out and essential to understanding her place in the country music pantheon as a god-tier harmonizer.

Why is this plebian hack still alive?

Probably because Sup Forums isn't all that much into folk.

>country
>music
Pick. One.

Taylor Swift could have been the Millenial Emmylou Harris if she didn't invite Max Martin over for tea and cake.

Can't spell country without cunt.

At least Emmylou is legitimately from the South and not a fake Northeastern transplant to Nashville.

Not at all; TS's stuff was always very gummy/saccharine/teenybopper even back when she was country. I can't imagine a 12 year old girl ever listening to Emmylou Harris.

I'm giving Luxury Liner a spin but after track 1 it loses me and I want to fall asleep.

I've never dug country because that slide guitar sound in 90% of country songs irritates the fuck out of me.

Way to mutilate Chuck Berry's masterpiece.

Me neither. I've tried but with very few exceptions, country doesn't click with or speak to me at all.

Profile: The Best of Emmylou Harris [Reprise, 1978]

Lucky for Emmylou I don't know as much about country music as she does--the Louvin Brothers' "If I Could Only Win Your Love" and the Carter Family's "Hello Stranger" may well render her versions forgettable. But as it is, hers sure are pretty, like almost everything here, sung with undeniable care and charm. She also defines Dolly Parton's previously unrecorded "To Daddy," as great a song as that great songwriter has ever come up with. And does all right by Chuck Berry. B+

>And does all right by Chuck Berry

I also love where he compliments her voice when she has about the most generic-sounding female country voice I've ever heard.

He said her voice was pretty and expressive, not that it was unique.

She was always destined for Shake It Off from day one.

What was wrong with her version of C'est la Vie?

Country Chuck Berry covers don't work, okay? There's an electric guitar somewhere in there, but it's pushed way to the back of the mix.