I had a dream that Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time had become a television show. When I woke up, I googled it...

I had a dream that Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time had become a television show. When I woke up, I googled it... and it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING!

tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rights-to-the-wheel-of-time-optioned-by-new-studio-with-jordan-estates-approval/
geekandsundry.com/the-wheel-of-time-is-officially-coming-to-television/
ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/the-wheel-of-time-will-be-adapted-as-a-tv-series
io9.gizmodo.com/the-wheel-of-time-is-going-to-be-a-tv-series-after-all-1773693457
arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/04/the-wheel-of-time-turns-into-a-cutting-edge-tv-series/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well that's interesting.

Holy shit, new poster in thread here, just wanted to say holy shit

Wow, that's unexpected!

This is the game of thrones killer for sure!

Better hope it don't turn out like Shannara

Shannara was actually really f*cking great. Not sure why it gets so much hate, is it because it aired on MTV?

Wew lad

Irish desert warriors here we come.

>GoT is a success
>make a new fantasy show, from a more inferior source, with more unnecessary characters, and scenes that will translate awfully on television

not sure if WOT is more inferiod than GOT, but it was a million times more popular than GOT before the tv shows.

Robert Jordan is solely responsible for the success of GoT

Why they don't make a Harry Potter tv show about some american school of magic ? It would make a lot of money

Did anyone else watch that Billy Zane pilot episode that aired on FX at like 3 in the morning

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
>lews jr

It's gonna be shit, kinda unavoidable if the source material is this fucking shit. The worst lord of the rings ripoff ever, I finished the first book and was disgusted at every faggot that ever hyped this fucking shit.

Lol, but seriously this is going to be awesome

kek

Could Aiel beat Fremen?

>it's an Ishamael jobs to Rand in the last 10 pages of the whole series episode

>Could they beat these superpowered muslims

lol fucking no

If the wise ones are allowed to use magic then yes

Too bad Rand could never beat Jaime

grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html

>Too bad Rand could never beat Jaime

Yeah but Jaime could never beat Mat.

So long as they accelerate all the books where the women sit around and either 1. gossip or 2. scheme while Rand runs rings around them (so from memory books 4 through 10) then the series might turn out good. There is heaps of potential:

- Fleeing Shadar Logoth
- Storming the Stone of Tear and Rand fighting Ishmael in the sky
- Dumai's wells

WILL THAT FAT FUCK EVER WRITE ANOTHER BOOK?

Yes it's another dunk and egg spinoff tale

This series stopped being interesting after Book 4. The heroes' journey itself was basically wrapped up by book 2, aside from the ebul villains running around

Books 5 and 6 are the best books

What's his incentive at this point? No one reads anymore, he's spilled the plot details to the new primary medium which has already outpaced his archaic novels, he swims in a money bin daily and has football to watch and fanfic to write to entertain him

Shit, I forgot Aiel had Bene Gesserit amongst them

Lan>Dayne >rand =barristan >jaime

Wildcard: Mat

>kneel or be knelt

Would make top kino

Just thinking about that scene gives me gooseflesh.

Holy cr*p, this is really true

cant belief this is happening

RIP terrible thread

Spotted the no imagination drumpflord

WoT is shit and so are its fans

so is all genre fiction except malazan

so is all genre fiction except xanth

so is all genre fiction except snow crash

so is all genre fiction except shardik

>It was Rand who went down. Jaime kicked her sword
>her sword

WTFKDNJVINHGIUVRHBGIURVS

lol

Mat can't even marry a white woman

XD

>God damn, after all these years, we have finally become Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time
Will they include this line? Seems rather forced

what the fuck is this autistic shit

Is it any good? Do you guys have an .epub to share, ideally the first book?

It's pretty stabil and now that all the books are out you won't have to wait 5 years per book. It's a long series though.

>this is Westeros, not Randland

It felt like babby's first fantasy.

Also felt young adult af. The target audience was teenage girls and boys. Got boring fairly quick

As a BDSMfag that probably got my fetish from these books in my hormone-filled teenage years, I can't wait for all the spanking, subtle dom-sub relationships and outright bondage of the books to make its way to motion picture.

Bless you Robert Jordan, you had a perverted mind.

Depends on your personal tastes.

A rough summary without really spoiling anything. It's about a kid who's the potential Messiah/Harbinger destined to fight a sealed evil god who's trying to destroy reality and reshape it in his vision. The kid is the most powerful magic user in the world and is the reincarnation of an ancient general who originally sealed the dark god away at the cost of tainting the magic source for all men driving them insane slowly but surely.

So this kid sets out on an adventure to follow the prophecies set about him and lead the world to a final apocalyptic battle between good and evil.

Sounds really generic but it gets good.

Everyone in the world either hates and fears him or is out to control him for their own needs. And that is if they're not flat out working for the evil god. This constant barrage of bullshit combined with the increasing insanity caused from using magic causes the MC to breakdown mentally and physically.

It's basically 13 books of political shitfests, women/girls sipping tea and complaining about men, and large epic battles between the MC/friends and 13 incredibly strong/intelligent magic users who pledged themselves to the evil god who can be brought back from death to fight again.

The 14th book is just 1000+ pages of the final battle. And there's a prequel but don't bother with it until you've read at least halfway into the series.

It's not for everyone. The endless pages filled with skirt smoothing and braid tugging will make you want to tear your hair out. And there's 2 books in the series where the MC doesn't get a single chapter. Rand, Mat, and to a lesser extent, Perrin were worth it though. Egwene becomes the most insufferable piece of shit female in literary history. And the others are just ok with ups and downs.

>literally a race in the books that kidnap the arrogant/smug female channelers, collar them, and treat them like pets

Truly was an unexpected ride. Writing about rape and mindbreak well before their prime.

Post YFW Nynaeve becomes the most based character behind Cadsuane

Only read the first one, didn't make me want to go any further.
It takes "derivative" to the point of having the MC start his adventure by going away from the village for a bit and coming back to it being burned by horned monsters.

Some people told me the usual "oh but it gets good later" but I'm not buying it. If you're a good writer I should get a glimpse of it after a whole fucking book.

The television show has been "in the works" for years.

Doesn't really come into its own until book 3 honestly. Transforms from a "coming of age/hero cycle" tale to a "boy gets handed all the power in the world and crumbles under the pressure" one

>can the shitty knockoff sand niggerss beat the og mad jihadis

No.