Ween

Is Ween patrician?

yes

yes

Yes

Yes

They're too popular on here to be patrician. That said I still enjoy their work.

I like Ween but most of their music is too uninteresting and/or stupid to be patrician. I don't get why they're so highly regarded on this board though, I guess it's just a meme (in the original definition of the word).

>not listening to music to have fun

>Can't appreciate humorous music
LMAOing at your life

>ween
>uninteresting
In what way?

>dick in the wind heheh ebin xD

fucking contrarians

>Ween fans have to deal with the fact that in 20 years they'll only be remembered as the band who did the Spongebob song

Push Th' Little daisies was a chart topper in Australia

10 bucks says you would've found it funny in '97.

this is a ween general thread now

I'll Be Your Jonny On The Spot is objectively their best song

>not dr rock
W R O N G

false
Tried and True and I Don't Want It exist

That song is actually a pretty solid story told in a quirky way, but you just looked at the title and thought it was redditcore because you're a newfag contrarian

Could you elaborate for a brainlet that just got into ween a few months ago

>quebecfag

Disregarding the sporkiness, it’s a great song.

>australia
>real

Ween transcends labels such as 'patrician' or 'plebeian'

This

yes, tried and true is turning into one of my favorites after many repeated listenings

Consider this:
She Wanted to Leave

1997 - 2003 Ween is the pinnacle of music.

It's just a story of a sailor at sea writing to his beloved wife. "Waving my dick in the wind" just means that his trip is running into some complications (he's lost) and he might have trouble returning home. It's just a simple love letter back home, but the name would imply that it's some goofy mess, which I think might be the angle that Ween was going for.

That's a good one.

But the real best one is The Argus.

I Play It Off Legit

The live version is a hell of a jam.

Ween people are subhuman

White Pepper is super underrated. It's an incredibly solid album that blends genres even better than C&C

I agree. I love that album.

What about old jimmy Wilson dancing? Spoon feed me, anonfu :3

The Mollusk > C&C > The Pod > Pure Guava > 12 GCG > GWS > Quebec > White Pepper > La Cucaracha

idk i think thats just something he saw on his travels and wants to tell his girl about. he probably thinks she would find it funny.

or its just ween being silly. if in doubt with ween, its a joke

>quebec that low
The Pod > Quebec > The Mollusk > C&C > Pure Guava = GWS >> White Pepper >>> 12GCG > La Cucaracha

I mean they're arch nemeses with phish, because phish covered roses are free, and turned the ween fanbase into smelly hippies overnight, so at least phish fans will remember them as the roses are free dudes.

I think that's largely up for interpretation, but I think of it as just the writer coping with whatever is plaguing him and his crew, perhaps trying to comfort his lover with humor but playing on the archetypal "oh you should have see it"

>Quebec that low
Almost correct

despite the fact claude denies it, jimmy wilson is claude coleman

Can anyone recommend any other Ween albums? The Mollusk is the only one I've listened to.

listen to chocolate and cheese, white pepper and quebec, next. If you like those, maybe try out godweensatan, the pod and pure guava, but don't expect to get them on your first listen.

Chocolate and Cheese if you're ready to ease into their weirder, more genre-hopping styles. If that's digestible enough then you can go to their lo-fi period and listen to the brown stuff. If you want to you can just wait it out and listen to Quebec and White Pepper

This. I tried to hop into The Pod right after Mollusk and I couldn't into it. I wouldn't listen to The Pod or Pure Guava until I started enjoying GodWeenSatan.

The Pod, Pure Guava and GWS if you want to listen to the brown stuff. White Pepper, C&C and Quebec are more accessible on the other hand. All the other records are cool too but the one I mentioned are mandatory

This explains so fucking much about Weens fanbase. I know dirty wooks who love Ween and it always sort of confused me.

I have nothing against Phish, I actually think they're a really solid band along with String Cheese Incident and to an extent Umphrey's McGee. But god damn the hippies. Why the hippies?

I have a little brother who’s 3 years old (I’m 16 years older than him) and I was introducing him to ween by playing/singing him that song yesterday and he loved it. Great song

That's because Quebec isn't as great as you all say.

Quebec is a masterpiece. Almost as good as The Mollusk.

Not even remotely close.

honestly this. they're all so good, though, there will never be an accurate ranking.

>can't into song because it mentions a dick

Quebec is the only good Ween album.

This, it might be their best honestly. I think it showcases their versatility better than any of the other side work

strong 8 on patrician

>not Pumpin' 4 the Man

this guy gets it

>a sailor at sea

Have you even read the lyrics?

Jimmy Wilson is his dick

Fucking idiot. Their live show is phenomenal.

>there are people on Sup Forums who think they can evaluate ween without having listened to more than 40 live shows.

>there are people on Sup Forums who treat ween like a jam band

Weens not a jam band but their shows are ALL worth listening to
Also
>implying a band needs to be a jam band to have live shows that are amazing
Live ween > studio ween

That's actually not what he was implying.

Pumpin' 4 the man

>not Buckingham Green
Get off my Sup Forums