I see a lot of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s music. However...

I see a lot of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s music. However, I don't really see anyone nostalgic for LATE 2000s music. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtu.be/DhPtRA7zieE
youtu.be/XsZKrctSDaw
youtu.be/PWgvGjAhvIw
youtu.be/WkqJ8SvaDfc
youtu.be/cLnkQAeMbIM
youtu.be/qcKMg7eEjj8
youtu.be/sy1dYFGkPUE
youtu.be/YSg9Y-16fl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this guy fucking serious?

The kids who grew up listening to it and idolizing it as an "era gone by" are yet to come of age.

Too soon. That said 2009 was a great year for pop music

Because you're at least supposed to pretend your not underage

All 2000s pop music was garbage, early or late. It's just a question of age, and you're too young to be on this site.

AIRPLANES IN THE NIGHT SKY LIKE SHOOTING STARS

I COULD REALLY USE A WISH RIGHT NOW, WISH RIGHT NOW, WISH RIGHT NOW

They do - go to youtube and you will find 14 y/o talking about how 09-11 was the best time of music. Also any dubstep track from those years is filled with nostalgiafags

Tfw you realize this song is about flat earth

We aren't removed enough from the late 2000's to appreciate it unlike the early 2000's

Finally, I get to share this essay!

docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk

...I really hope people read it... and don't edit it.

It says I need access

I fixed it.

2000s popular music is indeed bad, but that doesn't prevent many people from reminiscing on it and thinking it's good

1998-2008 was the worst decade in pop culture history

>2006
Indie and emo golden era
>2007
More alternative, experimental and pop rock songs, emo dies
>2008
Folk and pop punk are still a thing, pop and autotune wons more influence
>2009
Just like 7 good albums, mainstream pop won all the attention

Nigga late 00's are the worst thing that happened in all the music history

Of course they can reminisce on that period of music, I'm not stopping them. But in retrospect, the 2000s wasn't exactly the Italian Renaissance we made it out to be.

tfw you realize Hayley Williams was the only good thing in that song

I'm far from nostalgic for either, but I think early 2000s was even worse than late.

More like the only good thing in the entire B.o.B discography

I GOTTA FEELING
OOH OOH

>2000s pop music was garbage
>sticky on board literally has album art from a 2009 pop album

2006 is mid, not late.

Why didn't you just post it? Anyway, all genre or era can "perish in its own stereotypes," it's what happens when artists come along and beat dead horses.

I suppose you missed a key thing on rock - pop punk went from slacker/skater-core to mallcore. Where before they were slackers who skated, smoked pot and even at times were aware that this wasn't what life was about, the whole thing took a turn for the worse later on, you can pinpoint it with American Idiot versus earlier Green Day such as Kerplunk, Nimrod and Dookie; by then the dark clothes and eyeliner trend had already started.

I'd face fuck that slut. Puke on my balls and ass fucken bitch

He's probably talking about radio pop.

Em's verse on part 2 is pretty good though, all memes aside

I tried to, but it was too long. But anyway, of course other genres can and have perished in its own stereotypes, but the garage-rock/indie rock/post-punk revival fully deformed itself to the point of self-lampooning/satire.

quick post your some of your 00's jams
>02 youtu.be/DhPtRA7zieE & youtu.be/XsZKrctSDaw
>03 youtu.be/PWgvGjAhvIw
>04 youtu.be/WkqJ8SvaDfc
>05 youtu.be/cLnkQAeMbIM
>06 youtu.be/qcKMg7eEjj8
>07 youtu.be/sy1dYFGkPUE & youtu.be/YSg9Y-16fl4

It was during 05 I started exploring, Picked up a lot of bands from 05 to 09, Killing joke, gang of four, New Order, Ministry, KMFDM, Cabaret Voltaire, Talking Heads, the list keeps going, and I really got into old electronic, 808 state, foul play, omni trio, manix/4hero, Blame, Prodigy. It was a fun time.

I bought the CD for that one song. idk why.
>heard that song on the radio the other day
>as a throwback
>mfw

>I don't really see anyone nostalgic for LATE 2000s music.
No one is going to be nostalgic for the time our economy went to shit and we elected the worst president in history.

>Obama
You mean got rid of our worst president in history?

And I don't care at all of your political party; Trump is objectively the worst, regardless of what side of the political spectrum you're on. But anyway, this is not Sup Forums. Delete this.

anyone else have nostalgia for late-2016 music?

I don't think you've ever read a history book. Andrew Jackson would be the worst president in the history of the United States BY FAR. Trump may be the dumbest, but so far not the worst.

i miss early 2017 music :(

I'm already nostalgic for crappy pop hits of 2010 at this point.

2010's mainstream pop is way too drab. No energy, just mumble trap rap, and House of Balloons wannabes.

Jackson was a close second, but at least he realized the inherent problems the Bank of the US caused to the class structure of the US. Trump is an even more vile reincarnation of Jacksonian Democracy socially and politically. But like I said, this is not Sup Forums. Stop discussing politics.

Jackson was literally the best president you cuck

early 90s music was good, but late 90s music was not good. perhaps the later part of any decade is shit and the early part is good.

Does that mean it's all downhill from here?

anyone miss circa june-july 2017 music

>Remember when in TV shows or movies, innocent Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire or Radiohead fans received wedgies and swirlies from bravado jocks?
Lol what

>emo golden era
Literally the exact opposite of the truth you fucking retard. The late 80s, late 90s, and early 10s were the golden eras of emo.

it's all downhill until 2020

What are the best albums of 2006?

This is all true. The only good 2000s music was underground and indie, and while what was made was beyond excellent, it didn't start becoming mainstream until very late in the decade.

2000-2003: Early 2000s
2004-2006: Mid 2000s
2007-2009: Late 2000s

Remember that now.

I think not much has changed in music since the late 2008-2013 period. Its all pop music that sounds very electronic / hip hop. The talented musicians on real instruments went away completely from pop music! Dubstep was terrible and annoying. Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are still around. Artists struggling really bad. A lot of my favorite niche electronic artists stopped making albums after the late 00s. Rock hasn't produced anything since 2008. Sucks dick.

THE HARDEST BUTTON
TO BUTTON

Bump.

>Why is that?
are you retarded? learn how nostalgia works