South park

First time posting in this board, so if this subject is beat to death, I apologize. Has anyone noticed a decline in South Park this year? What is with this memberries shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What is with this memberries shit?
It's a plot device and a reflection of our society you mong

this season is garbage. All the potential from the elections and they blew it.

>this year

lol

This season has been a complete mess

Its been funny but the story makes no fucking sense

After this season I hope they realize something needs to change

It's funny how Matt and Trey ruined their show's ratings in order to create Vote Hillary: The Show and then Trump is elected.

I've actually enjoyed all the Garrison and Cartman/Heidi stuff. Cartman's the funniest he's been in fucking years.

Rest of it's been a mess.

I have a theory that by making this series so shit, we're gonna want south park to go back to the way it was before, sort of a meta joke.

two seasons in a row where I can't follow the fucking plot. I wish we could go back to before "everything is shit and things gotta change."

oh shit

This is shaping to be the second or third best season since 10. It's been since 11 ended that South Park's quality really went down. Most of the best episodes are contained within seasons 5 and 11.

I don't get cartman. He's a far cry from the cartman that dealt with scott tennerman

SP stopped being funny years ago

still we get a good episode every now and then

Last episode was actually funny occasionally. But I agree, season is kinda meh overall. I can't say it's BAD, as they do say some clever and smart things... but it's not as funny as it was maybe a decade back.

He's trying to fit in but he's still himself.

>still we get a good episode every now and then
Thanks to continuous plots we don't :^)

I'm starting to see that with the whole butters email thing.

Am I the only one who is getting tired of the show's departure from episodic plots?

No.

But some will argue, somethings work well in that style.

South Park worked well in that style. I am not even excited about South Park anymore because I know it's just going to build off of last weeks subpar storyline.

Agreed. Watching Cartman with Heidi is hilarious and how everyone around them deals with it.

I didn't mind them doing a couple seasons here and there as continuous plot. But to do that exclusively? They should know where their strengths lie. They're clever and the whole point was being able to make a clever point or two per episode. When you stretch that out, you better be damn good at tying everything up and still making your point without losing focus or making everything unnecessarily convoluted. Like this post.

Another one of those forced jokes that they came up with at the last second and ran it to the ground.

I felt seasons 18 and 19 had a good balance between season long storylines and individual episodes. This season, while not bad, isn't as good as the previous two.

The problem is that they have multiple season-long story arcs.

If they had condensed the arcs to complete to ANYTHING within 1-2 episodes each the season would have been just as good as last season.

>Last season
>E1: PC Principal shows up, continues to be a running gag, but his take-control of school only lasts one episode
>E2: Canada Wall/Trump, episode is self contained
>E2: Gentrification
>E3: Internet reviews
and so on. Every episode has self contained plotlines. Season long crap is mostly flavor.

Season 20
>E1: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E2: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E3: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E4: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E5: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E6: memberberries, internet trolls, boys girls fight, garrison
>E7: memberberry zombies, internet trolls, boys girls fights, garrison
its all shit

>media was saturated with hillshill propaganda for months
>they went after her like once

>This year?

Try the last three years. They've all been terrible.

It's time for Matt and Trey to hang it up

Even South Park backed a loser

Oh dayum! That is the most harsh thing I have ever seen on the internet.

Brutal.

You are confusing season development for storyline.

Season 19:
>PC principal shows up, south park slowly becomes gentrified, space aliens or advertisements or zombies or something, fuck you
This is a story about South Park embracing 2015 popular culture, but its a changing scenery, not a heavy narrative.

Season 18
>No real plotline, holograms show up a few times, but they're minor, Randy is also a famous teenage girl singer across multiple episodes
Its not a plotline its just recurring jokes

Season 20:
>Memberberries, internet trolls, sexual politics and Garrison is Trump all with forced multi-episode narratives that barely move

Yeah, this is something I realized recently

I didn't love season 19 because all the episodes were slightly tied together but at least they had self-contained plots for the most part

And every season before 19 had the same thing, save for the two and three part episodes (Cartoon Wars, Imaginationland, etc) were almost completely self-contained. Season 20 seems like a season long wpisode which is stupid as shit and boring after the first two episodes
South park should just be retired. I think it's clear Matt and Trey don't care anymore

the last few seasons have been terrible. because they have changed the format. so the storyline lasts for the entire season, rather than doing the classic storyline and new focus every episode.

it's awful because i don't wanna hear the same shit for an entire season, the jokes grow old. and secondly it comes across like matt and trey are obsessed with these subjects, because they do an entire season based on them.
it's like we get it, SJWS are bad. social media is bad. you don't need two entire seasons of this shit.

With them getting rid totally of the episodic format a lot of the humour went with it.

memberberries is one of the few funny recurring gags this season

I think Matt and Trey are doing season long stories to try and keep themselves interested, and while I appreciate them trying something new, this season has been underwhelming.

The social commentary is still interesting and there are funny ideas but going back to the same ideas and jokes every week is kind of a drag.

I think previous seasons managed it better by still having episodes centre on one theme with a few connecting strands from previous eps.

The major problem is that they feel obliged to try and tie it all together at the last episode, even though the topics don't really have anything to do with each other.

Last season they tried to connect ads with political correctness? And the season before that they tried to mix pewdiepie, police shootings and holograms.

Did anyone else prefer when they did a season of stand alone episodes and then a 3-parter to finish the season? Black Friday and especially Coon and friends were some of the best South Park events I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs

Why are they being so biased towards Hillary? They get the occasional shot against her, but still clearly putting her way above Trump, going against their own Giant Douche x Turd Sandwich narrative

Is this because Trey's Mexico wife?

They've completely disregarded story structure.

I don't blame them for any fucking bias. Trump is more interesting of a character to lampoon. They just need to be less shitty.

>Kenny became a background character
>South Park becomes shit

Coincidence? I think not.

Treys wife is mixed black and white

She fucking takes pics with her black dad all the time

>this year
try the last 10 years

judging by those eyes and fangs I would rather say she's mixed werewolf desu

I don't think he's has a single line of dialogue this season

He's become pushed aside for so long that an episode dedicated to him could save the season by default. Butters becoming a bastard and Cartman being extremely nice can only carry it for so long.

I don't think continous plotlines are bad, season 19 was really funny. This season just sucks.

Check out season 19.

With the exception of the 3 part finale, all of the episodes have complete exposition-event-resolution story structure.

The season-long part about PC culture is flavor and an over-arching category. It flavors the season, like how chokesondick flavored a season so many seasons back.

'Member when newfags would lurk for a while before posting?

Yeah, I 'member. No wonder this place is so unbelievably fucking shit.

Man wtf. Are you using this material for a term paper?

I couldn't be happier.

Idk, I thought Randy having to pull the sandwich out of the little hungry girl's mouth to get his change was hilarious.

Or I'll just come here and post my question.

The story really is terrible. And what's worse is they seem to be missing the mark on their commentary completely. I mean really? People voted Donald Trump because they loved the new Star Wars movie and want things to be like the past?

Talk about missing the mark. They're losing it a bit

No I have a personality disorder known as ass burgers. It causes me to be an analytic plotting asshole with no external human emotion.

It was an attempt to demonize the idea of "Making America Great Again".

Nostalgia is the "progressives'" worst enemy.

>People voted Donald Trump because they loved the new Star Wars movie
>Talk about missing the mark

Yeah.

I think the main problem is that trey and matt aren't so amiable towards each other anymore. The new season long story format allows them to write it all at the start so that they can spend more time with their families. Also they get too much encouragement from reddit so they probably aren't too concerned with sorting out the show. If its a problem of maturity, they should just age all the kids up to adults and try something completely new, they just might not find young adult humour funny anymore.

LOLOL!!!

Delicious.

The only thing that gives me hope is the Stick of Truth. This season and the last are absolute garbage and devoid of laughs.

The "commentary" has become too obvious and forced. Instead of fun one off plots, they're dragging it with an incoherent story for as long as possible.

Plus, visually, it's really boring now. It seems like they're rushing them out without much thought put into it.

Yes, we get it, nostalgia. It's not fucking funny anymore.

Last season, as put it was good because every episode had a mix of individuality and the ongoing storyline, which works better than this season, which is the same 4 plotlines over and over again.

I bet if you took all the scenes from season 20 and organized them so that each arc progressed back-to-back it would be watchable.

Chronological order be damned, because they've had separate episodes that took place on the same day.

This season started off OK but it sucks now.

I didn't even bother watching the last episode. I'm checking out.