Would you prefer a band have a consistent 7-8/10 output their entire career or one 10/10 album and everything else is...

Would you prefer a band have a consistent 7-8/10 output their entire career or one 10/10 album and everything else is utter shit?

One 11/10 and no other releases

first one

1 10, theres an endless amount of 7-8/10 albums from other artists.

this

consistent 7-8/10s as long as most of them have one or two 10/10 tracks (because honestly caring that much about albums is just Sup Forums autism) and then one obvious 10/10 album

One 10/10. No rating scale worth its weight is linear. For me, the difference between a 5 and a 6 is much smaller than the difference between a 9 and a 10.

One 10/10 and the rest is shit

Would you rather have another Madvillain or Brockhampton?

absolutely 1 10/10. You think I care about any other wilco albums?

is the rest of netural milk hotel's discography actually bad or did you just like that picture. I loved aeroplane and it would really suck if they didnt have another album that was listenable.

This example makes like no sense. Are you talking about Madvillian, the collab btwn Madlib and MF DOOM, or just MF DOOM? Or is saturation 1 brockhampton's only good project?

On Avery Island is good, Ferris Wheel and Live At Jittery Joe's too.
Their ultra lo-fi demo albums will only appeal to some people though.

Only one other officially released album. Avery Island is okay with some standout tracks (Songs against sex, Naomi). There's a bunch of other cassettes that you can find online but they're fucking awful.

Actually Wilco leans closer to a consistent 7-8/10 band

consistent 10/10 output

>the rest is shit
Nice edgy

If a band is putting out shit and refusing to play their good music (arcade fire) then I wont go to see them

Consistent 10/10.

Spoon is a consistently 7-8 band

Who fucking cares? It's not like you're going to listen to an entire discography at one sitting. Each album is a stand alone work.

no its not actually bad i was just being an asshole

As in Madvillain with one 10/10 and nothing else or Brockhampton with consistently good but not incredible releases (imo).

Still makes no sense, read the OP

The second one is basically justice. which is fine I guess

uhh I wouldn't call this utter shit my dude

one 10/10 album because I would get frustrated by the former's inability to achieve the masterpiece they deserve to make

I'm just trying to come up with examples, it doesn't really matter. If you want my answer to the question I'd say one 10/10 because artists like Brockhampton are fun and interesting but Madvillain (thinking of the project as a single artist) made an album that had a huge impact on the genre and many people's lives.

Love that album too, but I think Madvillain and Dooms solo stuff are too different. Since they only made one amazing album as Madvillain, I think it pretty much counts

really depends on the genre for me
I'm perfectly happy with house and techno albums that are only pretty good but have some amazing singles
with a more album oriented genre like rock I'd much rather have one 10/10 album

5-6 10/10s and 30+ 7-9/10s

no but he's talking about madvillain, not MF DOOM. Madvillian is Mad-Lib + MF DOOM.

Idk man, one time I stayed up for 2 days and listened to every Swans album

This

well one case of the latter happening led to my favorite album so

What are the ones you consider 10/10

7-8/10s through their career, as long as they achieve that 7-8/10 with a different style each time.

Like, Beach House makes 7-8s but they make the same damn album every time. The Chemical Brothers albums are all 7-8s but all take very different ways of getting there.