Chart Thread

New chart thread, "someone keeps posting ITCOCK threads" edition

I used to use topsters, so this was slapped together really fast. If you see any duplicates, please let me know

Other urls found in this thread:

pandiosdelpanico.bandcamp.com/album/panico
neverendingchartrendering.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dont see any duplicates
flying canyon - s/t
woods - how to survive + in the woods

What is it that you like about Remain In Light? I can't get into this one

this is different from a 3x3/4x4/5x5 thread

I could never get into great annihilator. a lot of the songs just seem clunky and weird to me, even by swans standards.

Personally I like the style of remain in light. It has an almost echoey feel to it. The songs fit well together and even though the songs get a little lengthy and drawn-out at times it's worth it just to understand how many rhythm patterns there are.
lots of good stuff on here even if a lot of its Sup Forums well-known. I have a lot of those too so its ok

op here
I've always been partial to those punchy, driving rhythms like the ones on Born Under Punches and The Great Curve. Also, Once In A Lifetime is one of those songs that just feels really good to scream the lyrics while driving in the middle of the night.

Also, I like your taste. Honestly forgot about Nas when I made my chart lol

thanks friendo
A third of your chart is albums I've tried to get into and just couldn't for some reason, so I'm not sure how much I can recommend. Give Desaparecidos a shot, Read Music/Speak Spanish is a good album.

>What is it that you like about Remain In Light? I can't get into this one
Are you kidding, just listen to Born Under Punches on repeat.
Arto Lindsay - Mundo Civilizado

Favorite track off of Embryonic?
>Tears for Fears
nice

Do you not like Genesis, because I've never met someone who likes Yes, King Crimson, and Jethro Tull and not love Gabriel-era Genesis. Check out Genesis Live (1973). You would also like Can - Tago Mago. The Soft Machine might also be a good fit.
You might like Suicide. Try it out. If you like Have A NIce Life, check out Giles Corey. It's incredibly depressing, but certainly high quality. Also, Iggy Pop - The Idiot might be up your alley since it's pretty industrial and nihilistic, though the music itself is pretty accessible. Don't go in thinking it's a the usual rock album because it's more similar to Station to Station.
Cat Power - Moonpix (You'll love it)

I'm looking for a less pretentious, more consistent, but still accessible and atmospheric post-punk album to replace Normil Hawaiians. Any ideas?

Bump

RECS PLEASE
Have you heard Revés/Yo Soy by Café Tacuba?
El Columpio Asesino - Diamantes

Zach Hill - Face Tat
Los Nena - Vol. 1

El Columpio Asesino - Diamantes
Los Nena - Vol. 1

Recently listened to F#A#. Was pleasantly surprised. I liked it much better than LYSF.
Cool stuff, man. You should check out This Town Needs Guns - Animals. I heard it first a while ago, but I recently really fell in love with it.

I don't know either. I like it. It's fun, but I can't get into it to the extent everyone else seems to.

I feel like I recommend this every chart thread, but if you like noisy stuff like Atomizer, stuff with a sadder tone like Deathconciousness, and stuff with slightly harsh vocals, like early MCR, or NIN, you might like Nouns - Still Bummed

>recs please
Have you heard Gris - Il Etait Une Foret...? I listened to it recently, and it was instantly my second favorite black metal album.

>Soy by Café Tacuba?
>El Columpio Asesino - Diamantes
Only Cafe Tacvba album i've listened to is Re, and I did enjoy it but didn't think it was anything great tbqh, will give Soy a listen. Didn't even know about Columpio Asesino, so will check that out too.
Also, listened to Bocanada for the first time this week. It has some fantastic moments, but I think it's bit too long/unfocused, it could for sure be tighter (but that's a common complaint I have with Soda Stereo)

Love seeing The Stones!

reccs plsssss

also pls no bully :'(

Caifanes - El Nervio del Volcan y El Silencio

What do you think about Dynamo?

Juan Son - Mermaid Sashimi
Juana Molina - Wed21
pandiosdelpanico.bandcamp.com/album/panico
Rockdrigo González - Hurbanistorias

would love as many recs as possible thanks :)

Also Luca Bocci - Ahora
El cómodo silencio de los que hablan poco - run run

>What do you think about Dynamo?
Im not the biggest shoegaze fan, but it is for sure a good record. One of their most focused. I'd say my favorite is Disco Eterno, although i haven't listened to all of them

i feel like i always rec the same like 10 albums to people lol

dj yo yo dieting - dormant mirrors/drum
the definitive psych-hop album imo

oooohhh babyyyy we got a spicy chart here
try some daisuke tobari

see above rec

kplr - s/t

Brian Eno - Before and After Science
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Bowery Electric - Beat
The White Noise - An Electric Storm
The Plastic Cloud - The Plastic Cloud
Pisces - A Lovely Sight
Culprate - Deliverance
D'Angelo - Voodoo
*bullies*
Fugazi - 13 Songs
listen to shit off my chart lul
Laurie Anderson - Big Science
Tom Dissevelt & Kid Balkan - The Fascinating World of Electronic Music

been playing Nekojishi all day because i fuckin love cat men
rec me degenerate music
or anything really

I forgot my chart! how em(bara)ssing!

thank god, i thought you were telling me not to listen to music when you told me to listen to your chart lol

that would've been better though

Lookin for shoegaze recs. I kinda feel like there are only 4-5 good shoegaze bands and the rest are store brand versions of those

do you know Houdini by Long Fin Killie

nope, I'm a bit of a pleb in the genre. I'll check it out

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

Battles - Mirrored
Earth - Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers From the Universe

Giles Corey - Giles Corey

Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Galaxie 500 - On Fire

Actress - Splazsh

Well, here is mine.
I just put it together and besides the first few albums the order doesn't really matter, i just put it together as I came up with stuff.
It's been a while since I posted and I even forgot my tripcode, it's probably in an old file somewhere in my old laptop.
If anyone wants recs feel free to ask

Would love some noise rock or IDM recs, but any kind of recs are appreciated.
Venetian Snares if you haven't yet

tell me about your day, ill respond to whoever wants to chat
comus - first utterance
signoir benedick the moor - el negro
disco inferno - di go pop
coil - scatology
candy claws - ceres and calypso in the deep time
nara leao - dez anos depois
the united states of america - s/t
don caballero - what burns never returns
big black - atomizer
mac demarco - salad days
boris - pink
ratking - so it goes
the velvet underground - white light/white heat
sweet trip - you will never know why
unwound - leaves turn inside you
preoccupations - s/t
odd nodsam - collaged at moms
lost aaraaff - s/t
popol vuh - hossiana mantra

Hey, thanks, man. I've already heard big black two or three time, but I want to listen to it again before I put it in my chart.

You might like LSD and the Search for God or Kairon; IRSE if you haven't heard them yet.

ive heard of them but haven't *heard* them, ill check them out now. if you would like a new rec maybe try Hideous Sun Demon - Industry Connections

Literally just listened to wl/wh for the first time like 5 days ago. Loved it! In my top 50 haha

I haven't heard of that. I'll check it out. Thanks!

It's great! personally tho i prefer the bands that TVU inspired, i love noise rock as a genre
Local band from perth i got recced in a /noiserock/ thread here, good stuff

ignore the two albums at the bottom of the list, i was gonna make a full chart but got lazy
i know that feel desu senpai
good
the residents - title in limbo
zazen boys
okay day, nice chart, bad weather

weather in syd was nice, im finally starting to put on a tan, im more a fan of the cold weather tho tbqhwyf. have you listened to Unwound?

what are yall using to create these charts?

unwound has been on my 'to listen' list forever, haven't ever gotten around to it. been on a huge talking heads/new wave kick as of late.
neverendingchartrendering.org/

Still pretty entry level, would appreciate some gud reccs :-)

I love that Elvis album, check out Santo and Johnny - s/t
Ed Askew - Ask the Unicorn
Simon Finn - Pass the Distance
Favourite track of Exile?
I wish i like that FTP album more
Monk John Marler - Lamentation
Troyka -s/t
Bee Gees - Odessa
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
The Wytches - Annabel Dream Reader
Foxygen - We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic
Morgan Delt - Psychic Death Hole
I had a date but napped instead D:
Lazy Smoke - Corridor of Faces
Acrimony - Bong on Live long

was it a first date or what? was she cute?
tangerine dream - zeit
i've always liked your chart man, i think we share somewhat similar taste.
Les Rallizes Denudes - France Demo Tapes
they're good, my personal fave (and widely considered theyre best) is Leaves Turn Inside You

wow.

Yeah, she's actually pretty cute. We've been friends for quite a while now. She's the quiet, but fun awkward type and she got drunk and confessed her feelings for me the other night

what are your feelings towards her? trust me you wouldnt want to fuck something like that, you might find out how much you like her when its too late.
(also girls like that are usually into music but stick around tumblr stuff cause thats their comfort zone, you can turn them into a patrician with some work)

You're no naNn

yeah yeah
If I wasn't so milquetoast
I would listen to
Bitch Ass Daryus

I'm a hermit crab, man
How long dya think it'd take me to learn every Sparklehorse song on the gitfiddle?

I'm bored and lonely.

Could literature fix me?
Could linear paradiddle fills fix me?

Somewhere, someone is making more money than me,

somewhere someone younger than me is Better than me

it's ok

everyday i am getting stronger and everyday i am better in every way

beardquest

Aquire clout

Oh I've got a mad crush on her, I think our feelings are pretty much mutual and it's only taken this long because of our shyness. Yeah, she likes Tame Impala, Foster the People, Weezer, DFA 1979, MGMT, Beach Boys, RHCP. Not the worst foundation to start with at least.

i have no

NO FUCKING

idea

what that means

Nigga what tf are you doing, make up for it be the mysterious spontaneous dude and say something like "next monday dress up nice and be ready by 4" but dont tell her what ur gonna do, and then take her to an sun city girls concert where you guys can celebrate in ritualistic cult dancing, and afterwards burn down a couple libraries and have a fun time
i really like the way you write your posts. i think youre a really cool dude and i would want to hang out with u. even tho u gay no homo

exactly

as i write this post
with one hand
the other reaches down
and gently caresses my ballsack

i can't find my sleeoing mask so now i'm going to slit my wrists

nice nitro dubs
dont encourage me but thanks

people keep asking me when i'm gonna get a girlfriend and my only response is to swallow an entire chalk block (for like weightlifting) and hope i die

how do i read

This is the first year that I 'really' got into music. Any recs? Would be apppreciated!

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
The Velvet Underground & Nico - s/t
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

im going to bed now, ill respond to anyone in the morning. goodnight Sup Forums

goodnight---
Bitch

night o/
wew

trist - nostalgie ep
same, that's why i don't rec as much

made a 42

Animal Slaves - Dog Eat Dog
Pisces - A Lovely Sight
Joanna Newsom asked Van Dyke Parks to arrange Ys
Check out Song Cycle by him
Also
Candy Claws - Ceres and Calypso In The Deep Of Time
Yasimika or some shit
you prissy bitch
Macula Dog - Why Do You Look Like Your Dog?
and spaceman 3

Really cool taste, check out my chart for some recs
Mark McGuire - Language Barrier
2814 - Birth of a New Day
Love your taste, it's similar to mine
Check out my chart for recs
Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription
King Gizzard - Float Along/Fill Your Lungs
maybe you'd like Wavves

ty! I've listened to Loveless, which just didn't make my top, but it's been ages since I checked out Pet Sounds and The Velvet Underground & Nico, so I'm gonna do that soon.

Aight, thanks!

nice bowie album picks. also cool to see bitches brew, i love the way the songs unfold then come apart, it's like a journey every time i listen to it. i haven't listened to yo la tengo or sigur ros yet but i intend to, where would a good place to start be? also in the wake of poseidon is an interesting choice although i did listen to that recently and enjoyed it
debut is one of the comfiest albums ever for me. never really got into pavement tho, i like them but they've never really done much for me beyond that. also stereolab are amazing
nice choice of aphex twin album, that one's kinda underrated i feel

I'll check them out
What's up

Could really use some rec's.

Arovane
Good taste. Check out everything by Benn Jordan.
lol.
Fennesz
clouddead

Deltron 3030 - s/t
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
Immunity - Jon Hopkins