Guitar-centered music is considered cringey and outdated at this point, isn't it...

Guitar-centered music is considered cringey and outdated at this point, isn't it? I grew up listening to it and even I get that gut reaction to it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCPGaFyFqC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not outdated, it just out of style currently. Eventually the pendulum will swing back from the over-produced electronic side of things and we'll get proper bands back in the top 40, and not trap shit.

>Guitar-centered music is considered cringey and outdated at this point
And yet country music is still very popular with many Top 100 hits

I guess. To be honest, there's only so many ways to pluck a heavy, distorted riff and protrude to the world your inner fury before it blurs into sameness. Before, I would have said Alt Rock was the greatest genre ever, but now, I'm not even sure it's in my top 10.

if you have a top 10 genres you're fucked

It doesn't work like that. Sure trap and EDM will eventually go out of style and be replaced with something else, but the revolution's already happened. You can't convince a generation of kids to go back to live instruments when there's a world of free production software at their disposal.

Throw in the fact that it doesn't take a few weeks or even months of practicing just to get notes to sound right on that software, unlike learning an instrument.

Guitar takes effort. Practically none compared to something like proper violin, but more than people will deal with when they have an effort-free alternative that's also far more relevant to current popular music.

Unless we can intertwine them both; let instrument-based music coincide with technology/music software. The synergy from combining both would perhaps create a Renaissance of music, where both can co-exist peacefully.

But it does work that way. Guitar music has been in that kind of cycle for the last 50 years. People will tire of the shiny sounds of electronic music, and will crave something more primal. That's where real instruments will have their place again.

I honestly can’t listen to music that isn’t made by physical instruments.

It's dead you idiots. Let it go.

Genres can't die

Same. Electronic sounds soulless to me.

Not really, many bands I listen to are guitar oriented. Animals As Leaders, Chon, Intervals, Plini, and Polyphia sometimes.

just waiting on that sweet pendulum to swing back to orchestras and chamber groups am i right fellas

the late 70s and 80s are a good example of this. that era brought shiny new stuff that led to overproduced garbage for an entire decade, until grunge and britpop came along and rock experienced a second revolution in the 90s

Guitar is still very relevant if used correctly
Here’s a great example: youtube.com/watch?v=oCPGaFyFqC0

Imagine how much more popular they would have been a decade ago

>Orchestral and chamber music
>popular with the masses ever
Are you retarded?

a lot of it has to do with no black people playing them anymore

Did you follow the conversation at all before you replied?

All live instruments are cringe.
>hurr let me spend 10,000 hours of my life learning to play an instrument of limited usage
Meanwhile, anyone with a DAW can sample literally every instrument ever recorded.

Unlike you, most people still like and appreciate hard work

Yes, backwards people appreciate working harder for less rewarding results when I can just work smarter

>caring what people consider outdated or cringey
fucking casuals i swear to christ

Only instruments I’ve heard it work that well with are drums, piano, strings, and brass.

>t. underachieving NEET

Indie rock is still popular its just not top 40 popular, but then top 40 is for brainlets who hate music

Why do you think electronic music can not feel primal?

It's not that it can't, it's that it usually doesn't. Just like some guitar music can sound shiny and clean, but most doesn't.

Guitarists are like trumpet players now

>i only listen to whats popular
>i let other people dictate what im allowed to enjoy
>i live my life in fear others wont think im cool
>i close myself off from other genres of music because i care more what people think of me than actually enjoying things
>im a complete moron controlled by conssmerist culture, a person withouth a orginal thought in his head that wasnt created by a marketing team.
>i only care about music based on how popular it is and how many units it has sold
>i will never ever have sex
>things will be like this forever because im 12 and have not lived long enough to comprehend trends change
>it really matters to me that people see me consuming the same thing they consume