Spaceships are giant potatoes

>spaceships are giant potatoes
What did they mean by this?

They needed to make it the shape of a shell so the name could be a metaphor for the shells we all hide ourselves in so we don't have to reveal our true thoughts to the outside world

it's more like a seed, which germinates the idea of global unity.

The ship hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

>looks like a contact lense
>now you can see the future

Deep

It's supposed to look like a piece of calloused skin that fell off of the bottom of someone's toe because aliens are TOEtally cool.

I wish I understood Sup Forumss newfound desire/need to shit on popular and well-received movies for the dumbest reasons imaginable.

There are tons of actual issues that make a lot of the plot fall apart (for instance, if they aliens see all time at once, they can clearly understand and communicate in perfectly clear english just like she spoke perfect Chinese to general ching chong potato later, but choose not to for no reason other than to make the plot interesting), but instead you dingdongs focus on the ship having a silly shape.

Thats a pretty stupid shape for a spaceship.

How do you know the heps even have the capability of communicating in human languages?

>volumetricly inefficient
>lack of external detail

They understood her at the end when she talked to them in English. I'm sure it's a lot easier to form simple human letters instead of complex ring sentences.

they ayys didn't bother learning our language? we only spoke theirs. lazy fucks.

>if they aliens see all time at once
Yh no this is impossible.

I know they can read it. And perhaps hear it too. But there's no reason to believe that they could speak it. Also no point in writing in English if the whole point is to teach them heptapod.

there was many (i guess) great sci-fy books that the method they use to create HUGE ships "efficiently" was to take a huge commet spin it around in great speeds while heating it so they can carve there way in and make the interior etc... i would love it if this was the reason for the POTATO SHIPS

They literally look like black cocks.

oh cool I always wanted a movie with flyable terrys chocolate oranges

Don't call me a dingdong, faggot.

Walked into theatre a couple minutes late and missed everything before it showed her daughter dying. What did I miss? Was it a monologue of some sort?

Nigga they must grow some long-ass potatoes where you from

They don't travel through space though, they just teleport, as we saw at the end.

Walked into movie a couple minutes late and missed everything before it showed her daughter dying. What did I miss? Was it a monologue of some sort?

They showed her getting pregnant

Whoops, thought my first post didn't go through :/

there are no doors
no windows
no engines
no cannons

space magic/10

They don't see it all at once, they just experience it non-linearly. So, maybe they go "forward" like us, only, at this moment they're still a kid, the next they're dying and so on in a non set pattern, similar to Amy Adams. She was remembering things from the future, but it wasn't like she remembered or understood the whole life ahead of her.

I never said speak for the heptopods., I said communicate. And there is, it instantly defuses the human worry if they just say "hey, we are here to teach you a language in exchange for her in 3k years".

her = help*

louise could already speak chinese. there was a scene where the general asked her to listen in on some conversation with chinese personnel and she was directly translating back to him

Yeah, but she did it slowly, in chunks, and incomplete. After, she spoke the words she needed to know fluently, thanks to her future self. Which means the future heptapod could have relayed info to the present heptapod to spell out "we come in peace prease no bombu mai shippu" and everything would have been hunky dory.