America Is Not Great

Was this the most epic scene in TV history?

youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4WFigOWVF4
youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8#t=1m42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i see people sharing this on normiebook at least twice a month desu

No because it ends on the same exceptionalist bullshit that it started with

shit likes this backfired on liberals and its why Trump is now president

Usually sandwiched between a couple Prince EA videos

Sup Forums hates this and liberals hate this, so maybe there's something to it

Jesus fucking christ do liberals live in a constant fantasy that someone will pitch them a softball question so they can dissent from the narrative it suggests so they can look really smart and enlightened?

For fucks sake that was cringeworthy as fuck.

>actually making this

that aired before Obama's 2012 election.

He plays a Republican in that show.

Thanks for showing us your stupidity.

it was a slow building process, many sources all over the media started to push the notion that America isn't great which is why trump ran on the slogan of make America great again

really cringey. Is this Reddit's favorite show?

10/10 Saved

>Someone is so bootyflustered about Trump winning that they went ahead and made this

jeez

>it sure used to be, we fought for what was right, we fought for moral reasons, we passed laws on moral reasons

i hope nobody actually believes this

He plays an old "republican" from an era when democrats were opposed to civil rights.

He's right though - endless moral browbeating got trump voted.

The real question is who the hell thinks that an ideology based on actively seeing a large swathe of the electorate as oppressors from birth will be somehow politically viable.

>vote me you're all horrible
>horrible people is why i lost!

Someone out there is actually this self-awareness deficient.

>Freedom and Freedom
Kek'd hard.

I kek even hard at the thoght that there are people in this planet that right NOW think America is a free country

typical american self-righteous garbage

>we waz da best then we lost is our way
nah

top kek

That's cringeworthy.

>*Queue sad orchestral song*
>We fought for what was right, we were great once...

It's like the guy who wrote that script is completely tone deaf.

it's not even the cringiest moment of the show. it out-shits itself by magnitudes later on.

One episode set in Africa is one of the worst things I've ever seen on network television.

>hur dur wow somebody made this specifically because they're THAT booty tickled about Trump

>being THIS fucking new

i understand that smugness played a factor into democrats fall but to be replaced by this genocidal vitriol? Isnt that a little bit extreme? How long have white people been bottling up their fantasies of lynching black people? Is America doomed from the start - bear with me - due to the Native american curse? Nothing lasts forever and this will go down in history as another reminded that empires will rise and will fall.

Makes me happy I stopped after the season where one guy stands up and tells a pilot they "got" osama on an airplane.

>america was greater when it was whiter

what is sorkin saying here?

The united states died with citizens united. An occurrence where literally every aspect of the united states failed it's citizens completely.

Stop acting like president trump is the worst thing possible, its simply the final effect of removing all barriers to power for the insanely rich.

probably the most incoherent rant ever made

there's only one picture to describe this

What happens in the Africa episode?

>mfw President Trump will appoint three (3) Supreme Court justices and he has made a point that all will be very strong 2nd amendment supporters

This alone will be worth whatever stupid shit he says during his presidency.

Gun rights might return to their former glory for the next half century.

>IT'S NOT THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THATS MY ANSWER
>crowd stacked with liberals is shocked that the amazing main character could possibly say such a thing, cue stupefied shock at his beltway, milquetoast stance

nice writing, construct a reality facade around the main character to give them a "moment"

it's cue

reee...

kek

here's a scene from it. judge for yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=b4WFigOWVF4

>set up a mystery throughout the entire season over Maggie's hair and why she cut it
>turns out she got a black child shot in Africa
>remainder of the season completely forgets about the black kid but we're still supposed to feel bad for Maggie

it's the worst kind of white guilt storytelling. We're supposed to sympathise with Maggie throughout the whole season, but it turns out some little black kid had to die for her to have a plot arc. It made me mad.

meant to reply to

I can find you 10 better scenes in L O S T and at least 5 better scenes in The Leftovers.

L O S T:
>walkabout ending
>deus ex machina ending
>desmond suicide attempt
>desmond calls penny
>through the looking glass ending

The Leftovers:
>nora btfo's author
>nora meets wayne
>nothing else matters instrumental
>tommy becomes wayne
>homeward bound
>season 2 ending

Jesus, the drama. You were right, that's cringeworthy.

>that contrived kid-under-bed scene where you can see she could easily get under under there if she went prone
>that slo-mo fall of the black dude, dropping the camera
>the zoom-in on her face right after
>her agape shock at... nothing in particular
>putting a line like "i read the HR report" after the "emotional" death of a young nig

did they even try

the hair thing was fine, but needed a better director for it to not be heavy-handed

Man, I need to rewatch Lost.
>remembering Charlie's death and Hurley and Claire finding out about it
Fuck, I didn't need these feels.
I

i hated this fucking show.

hindsight bias is annoying enough in media that portrays events half a century ago but this, writing a show about a news agency that exists two years in the past and giving all the characters prescient knowledge through pedantic writing and having them reflect biased personal stances through the aforementioned, god-like knowledge makes this unwatchable.

for me, at least.

>these countries that will jail you for speaking your opinion have freedom just like America guis
how deluded is Aaron Sorkin?

Dud he ever espouse a conservative view throughout an entire episode? Usually it was "well, I'm a republican BUT I believe in this liberal idea! What a tweest!"

Liberals believe conservatives are either decent people who will easily accede to their beliefs in short order, or they're irredeemable garbage people who deserve to be hated and shamed for what they believe.

>being this buttblasted

>Belgium
>freedom
HA HA when was this shit made?

Oh jeez, he took a minute to change it in MS Paint, what a fucking no life loser.

That's actually a great point. It hate when a movie or show takes place in the early 1900s and the clear good guys are constantly talking about how women should be independent and be able to vote and all that. It's really manipulative, trying to get the audience to think "That character is forward thinking, I like them!"

Accurate

>can you say why America is the greatest country in the world?

Do kids seriously ask questions based on such an absurd supposition?

Basically the exact sentiment Trump ran on.
Liberals loved this stupid show and hated when the show became reality. Sad!

Trump raised less than half as much money as Hillary did though. Are you seriously going to blame this on citizens united?

It's a good clip.
Honestly I feel like this video being on facebook the past couple years is what made Trump win.

This speech is full of blatant lies, it's really annoying to see it get reposted.

>27th in math, 22nd in science

What is his measurement for this? Because the US leads the world in nobel prizes and peer-reviewed science publishing.

>178th in infant mortality

Incredibly misleading, because being 1st in infant mortality is obviously a bad thing. Yet he presents being 178th as a bad thing too. 1st is the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 195th is Monaco.

>we lead the world in only three categories

Completely false.

>number of adults who believe angels are real

This is based on a study that didn't even survey people in the Middle East or Sub-Saharan Africa, the most religious areas on earth.

>we spend more on defense than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies

Either he thinks that China, Russia, and Iran are allies, or he's an idiot. Also, we don't even spend more than the next 10 countries combined.

which is why we have to make america great again!

>nobel prizes

Even Dylan knows that shit is totally meaningless.

Still, though. How do you rank a country in math and science? What is he using to measure that?

>writing three words in paint takes hours according to buttmad trumptards

lmao could you be any more butthurt you niggers?

>expecting libtards to make any sense ever

This scene made me realize that liberals lied about facts to push their political agenda just as much as conservatives. It's just full of blatant lies, not even minor inaccuracies but statements so idiotic that they can only be deliberate falsehoods. I really have to thank Sorkin, if it wasn't for this speech I wouldn't have started looking outside of my left-wing echo chamber and I might have ended up voting for Hillary.

It's a really good breakdown of why America isn't the greatest country in the world (which isn't a very controversial opinion really), but the rest is kinda weak.

Like the question perfectly set up to knock it down. And the bullshit about how America used to be really awesome. And the pointless stab at her generation.

It comes off as an old man complaining about how things aren't like they used to be and there is a kid on his lawn.

>It's a really good breakdown of why America isn't the greatest country in the world (which isn't a very controversial opinion really)

But it isn't. He's just making shit up instead of using actual facts. What he's ultimately arguing is fine (the idea that any country is objectively "the greatest" is silly), but he's relying on complete bullshit to get there.

He stated a bunch of statistics. I'm not sure how accurate those are, but I've certainly heard a lot of similar statistics from other sources.

America is certainly not #1 in most metrics you could propose to measure how great a country is. Unless your metric is military power.

But he isn't making stuff up. Education, healthcare, imprisonment, etc... Those are all fact (at the time of that show)

But Trump ran on the platform that America sucks

>He stated a bunch of statistics. I'm not sure how accurate those are

They're incredibly inaccurate. He did get the numbers for imprisonment right. Not for education though.

Audibly keked

NFA blatantly infringes on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

How long till that shit gets repealed?

>soapbox: the tv show

wew lad

No. His America is inherently good. Stupid and corrupt politicians and globalist are destroying us

>it's good but it's bad
Pick one

Then why did he appoint all those corrupt globalist politicians to his cabinet?

>He stated a bunch of statistics. I'm not sure how accurate those are

"22nd in math, 28th in science" might be accurate if you're looking at the test scores of middle school students. But that is an unbelievably stupid way to measure a nation's achievements in math and science.

>"we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 are allies"

The next 8 countries outspend us (596 billion for the US vs 603 billion for the next 8), of those 8, 4 are officially allies (UK, France, Japan, Germany), 2 are pseudo allies (Saudi Arabia/India), and 2 are definitely not allies (China, Russia).

>"we lead the world in only three categories"

the US leads the world in defense spending, nobel prizes, nominal GDP, number of annual immigrants, olympic gold medals, obesity (at the time the speech was made, iirc some small island nation overtook us last year)...

>"number 4 in labor force"

It's just nitpicking at this point, but unless the EU is a country we're 3rd.

>"178th in infant mortality"
True, but being that far down the list is a good thing. The top 10 are all sub-saharan african countries and literal warzones.

Hillary Clinton is the reason Trump is now president.

Liberals unironically would share this from occupy democrats followed by some anti-trump rhetoric

It's like they want a politician that wanted to make America great again or something

*And obviously America isn't the "greatest country in the world". Not only is than absurdly subjective claim, but there are categories where other countries are objectively better. It's just annoying that a show which is praised for being so smart and accurate had to lie in order to answer a strawman question.

Russia will be an ally, but countries like Saudi Arabia or Turkey are not really allies

He appointed the few folk who backed him from the beginning

Stupid as shit. American dream boy, a shame we have had to spend the last 5 decades or more fighting marxist shits.

>Not the best
>Won't mention a better country
>Stupid government worship of the past
>undeserved smugness
Nobody asked why the country was perfect. It is bullshit shaming against patriotism or love of community while pretending to hold a moral high ground.

For that reason alone, Trump should pardon her

youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8#t=1m42s

HAHAHAA

>americans

>You know what I'm sick and tired of, Harry?
>I'm sick and tired of American nationalism...

>unlimited ability to buy political support
>no effect on anything what so ever

Right, but Hillary was the one buying all the political support. She was the ultimate "post-Citizen's United" candidate, raising more than $1.5 billion (more than double what Trump's campaign spent) from Super PACs and Wall Street. But she lost.

Yea but Hill was a fucking disaster, if they had run anyone who didn't have her baggage and problems it would have been a Dem win.

Yes and no.

Hillary's money raising helped her out a lot more in the primaries which, one could argue, is where the democrats lost.

Also, Trump received a large amount of money as well. It doesn't matter who got more or what kind of effect you specifically think it had, it should not be allowed to happen. When half of the fucking candidates in the primaries travel to Vegas to kiss Sheldon Adelson's ring, we have a problem. When George Soros, the Koch Bros., and the likes can dump money into a candidate we have a problem. When Unions can get around individual donation laws by donating large amounts to SuperPACs, we have a problem.

How is that difficult to understand? Money is not free speech because speech is equal while money is not.

Sure m8 you can say that but all those rich people were AGAINST Donald Trump, and he won.

>canada has freedom
>hate speech laws

Why does everyone just ignore how donald trump is also a billionaire?

Sheldon Adelson donated plenty of money to Trump's SuperPAC.

Right, but Hillary dramatically outspent Trump. And Obama outspent his republican opponents in 2012. So you can't pin this all on Citizens United, and the idea that Trump is somehow a product of that ruling while the other candidates over the last few elections aren't is absurd.

Because 1 billionaire (who has a net worth about 5 times lower than that of Soros alone btw) kind of pales in comparison to Wall Street, the media companies, the President, and practically every multimillionaire celebrity out there.

Will Trump fix these problems?

It doesn't really matter how much you spend when you've already lost.

Trump, being a billionaire, doesn't have to beg for campaign funding to campaign. Citizens united opened a huge loophole that allowed him to just campaign from his own funds, directly, buying support where necessary, years before anyone thought trump's candidacy was anything other than a huge joke.

This used to be illegal as fuck. Now its the state of the united states "democracy."

>united states democracy

The US isn't a democracy. It never has been. It's a federal presidential constitutional republic that was founded acknowledging the shortcomings of a full on democracy while still giving superior powers to higher-populated areas.

>this shit again
everyone knows this. it's shorthand and you know it.

And, before citizens united, there were checks in place to ensure the rich didn't just buy power.

>won't mention a better country
He listed at least 8 better countries.