Who here still uses mp3s? I hate streaming, I prefer to have my music collection always accessible...

Who here still uses mp3s? I hate streaming, I prefer to have my music collection always accessible, no buffering and easily transferrable.

Attached: images (12).jpg (384x384, 16K)

Me boi

Agreed. Have ~250gigs of em sipnning on my harddrive right now

Same. Generally avoid the cloud for pretty much everything. Old server equipment is super cheap. I'd rather have all my stuff locally and not have to pay a monthly fee for life.

same
also keep all tv and movies on local storage, at least for things i might want to ever watch again. always in the highest resolution i can get too. 90 full series tv shows, 450 movies, occupying 16TB

Bought a 2TB external drive so I can take my collection everywhere

I want my Lady Gaga when I want it any time.

Same here OP, I have them on my phone's microSD card I threw in. Lot better than streaming, no ad bullshit, no buffering bollocks.

Same here. Internet connection sucks ass where I live, and I want to listen music offline whenever I want.
Any suggestions for mp3 players under 100 bucks?

whats a good, small mp3 player?
ive been using my old galaxy s3 as an mp3 player but its a little big and heavy.
it was ok using when i was out shopping or something in casual clothes but going on morning walks when im wearing lighter weight clothing, its kinda annoying how it weighs down everything.

This.

I work in nature conservation; I'm innawoods for probably three days a week. I carry a little old mp3 player that uses AAAs because I don't have to worry about recharing and can find batteries at any little country store around.

Well I know who I'm taking shelter with during the apocalypse.

My micro SD shat the bed and most of my music got corrupted, but I've started over and I'm now sitting at 500+ songs.

I keep running out of data so streaming wouldn't help at all. Also just use your phone, no need to bring an extra device with you.

This is the superior technique.

same here. i walk around with about 14,000 songs on my psp.

Charging all my stuff for years has made me forget about batteries, damn, time flies. I don't remember the last time I bought a pack.

are ya'll retarded? you can download songs on spotify, you don't have to stream

Can't you see we're busy having a nostalgic circle jerk?

>2012
>Still using spotify because your pleb ears can't hear how shit their codec and sources are

Get google play and share it with 5 others. No buffering, can import your own songs, download their songs, highest possible codec and source material (as good as tidal/beats), API scale-able and mod-able, etc.

Are they mp3?

Except that their software is so fucking terrible that you need to dedicate an i7 with 128g of ram to only play music.

still using my 1tb iPod

Attached: 41pzcca4j4L.jpg (500x352, 24K)

MyNigga.gif

I have all of my music on my phone in mp3 form, but I have been making more and more use of Pandora radio lately since I haven't gotten new music in a while

>16TB
Jesus dude, how much space do you have overall? I thought the 10 TB I had in my computer before one of the 4 TB drives crapped out was a lot.

Recommend me a movie.
I like Sci-Fi, Comedies, and stupid movies like Rubber.

Totally man, streaming is for fags, I got a 500 gigabyte of that shit on hard drive, 22 gigabyte on phone.

Don't have smartphone, because of intense work outside.

titenic

Attached: 1eb.jpg (620x351, 21K)

18TB across 9 drives (5 in my tower + 4 in NAS), i just add a new one when at capacity

>i just add a new one when at capacity
im wondering about this as i near my storage capacity. how do you organize files across drives, especially when youre throwing new files into an already established system

Well it saves on storage space.

i use the libraries feature of windows, it shows multiple folders as if it were 1 folder, so i can see the contents of every drives \movies or \tv shows.

of course the 1 drive failure i've had this decade was my boot drive, now that was a nightmare to replace

Nice. I'm overdue for overhauling my hard drives, but I've been too broke. Got 5 slots in my desktop. Using a SSD for Windows, but I'd love to outfit the other 4 slots with some massive hard drives one of these days. Not sure I'd need a NAS just yet, but one of these days, if my damn steam library keeps growing like it has, lol
Ugh, I'm sorry. I've been lucky with hard drives not failing at least. Still running an old 2 TB that's been ticking along for years now. Should probably back it up though...

my itunes library has like 100K tracks, lots of live performances, pretty much everything I want.
streaming always seems to buffer at the wrong time.
stoarge space is cheap

>if I don’t have everything in raw Blu-ray it’s not worth keeping.
Fuck you and your 300$ tv you watch them on

I’m legit thinking of putting a card in mine. It’s really tough to beat that scroll wheel interface...

I wish there was a portable midi player :(

Attached: 1480009006854.jpg (392x495, 120K)

It's called a smartphone, you can probably pick up an old one second hand for peanuts

Tfw I actually still sometimes use a cassette player because of all the homemade compilations I taped off the radio 1 top 40.

But smartphones are for slaves.

what are you talking about?
i just get highest quality available, and for lots of things that's dvd quality or lower. still keep it.

Obviously, fuck streaming
And then they sit there like "can't listen to my music" but I don't hear it because MP3s and not needing to be umbilical'd to the internet to listen to music.