What went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28QZ4UCg3uw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Overlord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The pacific is the patrician choice, BoB is for plebs

This.

Absolutely nothing.

The Pacific is the story of the bravest men in WW2.

Band of brothers is the story of a couple of guys who jumped from planes and didnt do anything other than NOT surrender in Bastogne.

>This is what people actually believe

But why did Snafu not talk with his pals anymore?

Australia

Nothing

Problem is that people automatically compare it to BoB.

BoB was about bond of brotherhood formed in war

The Pacific was how shit and inhumane war is

Nothing. The Pacific is better than Band of Brothers.

>sledge's PTSD freakout
youtube.com/watch?v=28QZ4UCg3uw

Right in the feels

>Band of brothers is the story of a couple of guys who jumped from planes and didnt do anything other than NOT surrender in Bastogne.
trolling this hard

Thats because the Allied invasion was a walk in the park compared to:

>Guadalcanal
>Peleliu
>Vanuatu
>New Caledonia
>Iwo Jima
>Okinawa

This. If you want to see comradery, you watch Band of Brothers. If you want to see war, the deadliest parts ever, you watch The Pacific.

>Casualties from every single one of those battles combined don't even make up for the Normandy Invasion

K..

Are you mentally defficient?

Oh wait I was being autstic

>>Casualties from every single one of those battles combined don't even make up for the Normandy Invasion

The Russians lost more men winning Stalingrad than total US losses in the entire war. US battles were small and their losses were light.

That's where I first saw Rami Malek, he was great as a crazy asshole

>Snafu never said goodbye to Sledge

I would have shot myself like the Canadian. Fuck having to fight in the Pacific theatre.

they didnt speak for quite a time after he left the train.

if i remember correctly they only got in contact again after sledges book gained fame

Yeah but BoB is more entertaining and that is what is being discussed not the actual merits of each theater.

He did talk to his pals, the problem was being around people you fought with just reminded him of the war. He didn't get back in touch with sledge until he wrote The Old Breed, and then Snafu died, Sledge served as one of his pallbearers.

Characters were awful, simply couldn't connect with them. Poorly written and portrayed

Shit got too real.

>it's a "iwo jima" named episode even though 85% of it is Basilone fucking around in bootcamp and getting married and 5 minutes of the actual Iwo Jima battle episode

Leckie and Snafu were top tier and Sledge started out shit but got a lot better in the end.

There were just not enough really strong characters tbqh. There was also too much meme shit. Needed more combat.

Yeah there was too much wasted time in the Pacific. The Basilone episode and the shore leave episode were both pretty boring. The entire show should have just been Sledge.

lad on the far left about to get rekt

>tfw opening credits are two minutes fifty one seconds

Pretty embarrassing that they would chew so much time that way. Kinda disappointed to reveal the true nature of my feelings.

Normandy

Okinawa

Really makes you think. Also you know the difference between KIA and a casualty right?

literally just got done doing a marathon of the series in the other room.

[nothing went wrong cause its amazing]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Overlord
>casualties of Normandy are 225,000
>faggot posts D-Day only losses but whole of Okinawa casualties
What did user mean by this?

nothing

yeah agreed but still guys in the pacific deserve more respect cause Hitler did nothing wrong

I really disliked how, despite the fact that the series was supposed to focus on three people, some episodes were almost entirely about one character.

The Pacific war was very fragmented and all the groups were important but all of the important events were done by totally separate groups.

They made the show based off of real groups

I feel like the series could have been better if it hadn't focussed on three deprecate characters who hardly interacted. There was probably enough in With the Old Breed to carry a series already, Sledge was based.

Also the entire episodes of Basilone back home, Leckie in the hospital, etc. that just felt boring