Was SNL always this bad or has it gotten worse over time?

Was SNL always this bad or has it gotten worse over time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw8JRpXdAc
unblockyoutube.co.uk/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU/GgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE08ahUOf0iOQ7ZV8imr+j2Si2NoYvFNmylwMqT5CzM6yAw==
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's always been hit or miss. We don't remember the dog shit skits from the 80s and 90s, only the funny ones so we think it was funnier back then.

Nah, you are just glorifying the classic SNL you watched on CC as a kid. Grow up and accept that nostalgia doesn't make something better.

Was that skit claiming Trump voters were dumb as niggers?

That was a bretty gud sketch.

It's shittier now because it's more current events based instead of having more good weekly characters. Also there's more prerecorded content and less live skits.

That said it was mediocre even at it's "peak".

it used to be mostly new york club comics on that show now it's theater and dickless UCB types

No, it was about how rednecks and niggers have more in common than they realize. Which is objectively true.

>Was SNL always this bad or has it gotten worse over time?
That sketch was gold

Because they are
In the sense that poor people, black or white, often act in the exact same way
Because socio-economic status says more about you than your race
After all, a bunch of losers flock to a site like this and pretend that their race matters when everyone here is shitposting the same bullshit over and over again

As a non-American I've barely seen it but I did not understand what was funny on the rare occasions I have seen it.

More cowbell? I don't even get it.

it's always been that most of the skits aren't all that funny.

Please enlighten us as to what you find funny

If you're a Trump supporter and are offended by this skit you're an idiot and completely missed the point

>Because socio-economic status says more about you than your race
thats complete bullshit. look at murder rates in poor black neighborhoods vs poor white neighborhoods. then realize how fucking stupid you are

it was always bad and they never let people post the best stuff on youtube

I memba

Wow so original 8 episodes in a row about trump and trump supporters

>More cowbell? I don't even get it.

There is a lot of cowbell in the song Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. Christopher Walken is eccentric and has a strange method of speaking.

It's honestly never been good since I was old enough to be the target audience. So mid to late 90's.

I've seen compilation tapes from the 80's too, and none of them were good, even with the good casts.

I think family guy *cough* put it best

>1.5x the viewers of MadTV!

SNL is only good when they condense everything to their "best of" DVDs.

They do suffer from many of their current cast having no talent.

The current writers of SNL have to rely on politics to be funny rather than just being funny.

They've gotten a huge surge in ratings because of it, they're smart to keep at it since they've been largely irrelevant for years now

snl in the 90's had some of the best comedians in the country in the background doing nothing, it's amazing when you look at some of those clips

That makes sense, poor black neighborhoods are usually in high density urban area's where as poor white neighborhoods are rural and sparsely populated. Murder rates are far more correlated with population density then they are with race.

The skit shows that the dumbest and poorest whites are mentally on the same level as middle class blacks.

Pretty racist desu.

it's always shitty, but that skit was actually one of their best ones in years

In this skit it's actually Tom Hanks that's the joke.

>Because they areIn the sense that poor people, black or white, often act in the exact same wayBecause socio-economic status says more about you than your raceAfter all, a bunch of losers flock to a site like this and pretend that their race matters when everyone here is shitposting the same bullshit over and over again

Then why the most european countries in latinamerica are safer and better than places like Colombia or Mexico?

the skit shows that black people and rednecks both like women with fat asses and don't trust the government, the fuck skit were you watching.

The jokes fell flat when they're not doing satire anymore. By the time they were flaming Trump shit got to watered down already. I guess they got lazy and fat and content with shit going their way for a long time - I wouldnt be doing shit too if I thought everything I shat out would be television gold.

would have been better if they got otm shank

it's completely hit and miss and the hits come more infrequently as time goes by.

it's obviously left leaning, at most mainstream entertainment is, but it's gotten increasingly lazy in the way they mock the right. instead, it just comes off as pissy and sanctimonious and, worst of all, unfunny.

That sketch was a step above their usually hit pieces this election.

It was actually highlighting the fact the poor blacks and poor whites have way more in common than they have differences.

But SNL has always been about 1 good sketch to every 20 shit ones. You think it's better because they only compile the best ones from the past.

first reply best reply

Cognitive dissonance, people.

Especially since Trump fell prey to his own tactics and gave them free publicity for pissing him off.

Their skits are one-sided and not very funny, but Baldwin does a pretty tight Trump impression.

>literally everyone is a mixed breed mutt...get over yourselves

It's weird to me how little presence SNL has elsewhere, considering how big it's been in America, back in the day. There's nothing in particular that makes it unable to play elsewhere, right? What's the deal?

Where's Andy Kaufman when you need him?
Oh, right, dead.
OR IS HE?!?

It feels a lot more preachy than it used to be unless I just didn't fully grasp how preachy they were being when I was a teen.

The main thing that annoys me when I watch this show these days is leslie since her entire shtick is 'look how big and black I am, I'm crazy as hell too', meanwhile the other black chick gets to show her face maybe once per episode.

you're full of shit

trailer parks (whites) have much lower crime than public housing (niggers)

Worse over time.

There's always been bad sketches but they're used to be really funny ones in between the bad ones. Now they're bad one with even worst ones in between them.

According to your chart, the trailer park sites have slightly higher crime than the housing sites
But also, it's negligible because there's a difference of 0.17

Or am I somehow reading that wrong?

They went from hiring a mix of independent comedians and alumni of prestigious sketch troupes to hiring middling actors who couldn't cut it in Hollywood and annoying cunts with Ivy League degrees

no it was just a shitpost. the conclusion of the study was that not all public housing is stereotypical crime ridden shit. I have no idea what races were in either side.

There's zero experimentation, they're pandering, and it's too much politics. Even during non Election seasons it's nothing but political shit.

Hartman era even at it's worse amusing. That's the difference with older seasons even if they weren't on it, it was still enjoyable, and they usually had 1 or 2 good sketches each week. The current season and for the past what decade+? Has been week after week of nothing. It was bad when the only memorable stuff from SNL was Andy Samberg music videos.

It's way more preachy and because of that it will be far less timeless. Sure things like Hanz and Franz or Wild and Crazy Guys feels a little bit dated but anyone can still find them funny. While on the other hand almost no one is going to find Twitter jokes or things about the election funny ten years from now.

Good. It's hilarious that they don't understand this will just keep losing them elections.

mad-tv was always better

>realize how fucking stupid you are

POT MEET KETTLE!

Kate McKinnon needs her clit torn away.

I thought it was funny enough

The media is leftist, the leftist went power mad in the obama years and shoved their agenda into everything, you couldnt just relax and watch comedy, you had to be offended at everything.
So the left became unfunny.
And the right became the cool rebel meme masters

im sorry but youre not going to see the try hard edgy alt right humor you see floating around this cesspool site, on snl. you little faggot.

what are you doing right now?

Black Jeopardy was quite funny though. Tom Hanks did great

Yes, we will see the castrated leftist humor that doesnt offend or actually makes people laugh or challenges the establishment, and i mean the leftwing and rightwing establishment

Dave understands it. But he also quit his show because the executives didn't respect him as a person.

Always that bad, it's impossible to produce so many skits and make them funny at the same time.

SNL is actually probably the bests it's been in 10 years. Still not as good as the the 90's and early 2000's (Mike Myers, Chris Farley, David Spade and Will Farrel era).

Although, Kenan Thompson does even make a shitty sketch at least watchable.

What's even the point of tv show like that in the age of youtube?
There are shitloads of skits produced each day, and some of them are actually funny.
This tv format is dated and it should let die.

Can we all agree that other than the Blues Brothers and Wayne's World all the SNL movies suck?

Coneheads is still great.

The media became defacto government propaganda when they repealed the use of Propaganda against us citizens act in 2013.

>Blues Brothers and Wayne's World
Those are two movies that whenever there on TV I always watch them through, even if it's like an hour in.

gotten way worse over time.

it's not relevant anymore. people watch it out of tradition, but there's literally nothing good about 90% of what they put out. The golden age is waaaay over. Every time it puts it's foot into politics to get views it's always extremely biased by whatever way the show runners are feeling.

>More cowbell? I don't even get it.

It's all about Walken's performance and the building up the ridiculousness of the bizarre emphasis on the cowbell in the song.

It's not even SNL anymore, it's just Liberal Political Comedy Live: With Bands. They have no recurring characters, no breakout writers, no truly funny cast members except Keenan who's been on the show for literal years. It's seriously just about politics, and not even in a smart or funny way. Instead of being biting, they're preachy and sanctimonious.

I watched the first skit of last night's episode with the Hillary voters and Chris Rock and it was legit painful. If this was classic SNL, you would've seen the voters get more and more depressed as the night went on ending with one of them hanging from a noose or something in the background after Trump wins. They've lost their balls and their wit.

Night at the Roxbury is pretty good. Doesn't live up to the greatness of Blues Brothers, but then again, what does?

SNL has pretty much always been garbage aside from a few brief spots where the rest of the production gets carried by 1-2 gold star comedians who inevitably leave because SNL is garbage and they can do better solo.

this sketch was really good, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about

this

What the hell happened to Kyle Mooney? I rarely ever saw him on TV, but youtube always had a few 'cut for time' sketches by him the day after which were always funnier and more interesting than the actual program. I didn't even see him on the cast list this season, what happened?

You really ought to kill yourself

unblockyoutube.co.uk/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU/GgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE08ahUOf0iOQ7ZV8imr+j2Si2NoYvFNmylwMqT5CzM6yAw==

couldn't agree more, watched for the first time since i was a fucking teenager for chappelle and was left utterly disappointed by everything save for maybe the twd skit which was only funny because he recycled some of his old sketches with a modern TWEEEESST, that got a laugh or two from me at least

honestly though, i stopped watching once weekend update hit with those two literal whos that were painfully unfunny despite that "in the pocket" audience, shit was just sad watching them fall flat limping from one "joke" to another, like who really finds that shit humorous? the cold open made me want to vomit too, don't think i've ever seen a sketch comedy series pander so hard in my life, it was pitiful

the worst part is that they had that star power with chappelle and rock showing up and they threw it all away to continue pushing that shitty progressive comedy, reinforcing the idea that they still haven't learned anything from the very thing they spent the evening whining about, so much potential just wasted in pursuit of hugboxing a crowd that would have watched anyway, when they could have flown true and captured some new viewers for once in a lifetime

The David S Pumpkins skit was in the same show.

I still enjoy SNL but I am still boggled as to why that sketch took off

>trump fags are still butthurt

Amazing.

Aw did da weftist media offend you?

This is fantastic.

There were some bright spots.