Elon Musk wants to land and start a colony on Mars. Can he pull it off Sup Forums?

Elon Musk wants to land and start a colony on Mars. Can he pull it off Sup Forums?

Attached: zdspgzr3ybtzntcgmu0j.jpg (800x450, 36K)

Nope, the earth is a flat plane.

Can and will collect those tax dollars tho.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Fuck no.

JESUS WONT ALLOW IT

>builds colony on mars
>invites the best and brightest to live there
>nukes the earth
>turns out he was a super villain all along.

He's a White South African who evaded the draft and fled the country right before Apartheid ended.

He hires only the best people (ie white people) in his companies. Whenever you see videos of Tesla and Space X, there are almost no Asians and Minorities of any sort.

Obviously he wants to create a safe haven for White people on Mars.

i would be ok with this

no

the simple fact is, there is no profit in it

what the fuck are people going to do all day

hum de hum, wanna go look at rocks? "sure!".

think about it this way. if there is nothing to gain financially from the endeavor. NO ONE is going to do it. Because no one is going to waste literally BILLIONS to say look men on mars and i get nothing back from it.

He is good at spending his investors money on bullshit though.

Mars already belongs to the robots. There's no saving it.

He’s a real life iron man doing things others don’t have the gumption or funds to do. Think on a grander scale user

Is it really??

in other words, he's a capitalist with the best PR of any capitalist to date. he has the liberals, who hate rich white men, enchanted and sucking his dick over publicity stunts all done in an attempt to make his stock go up.

Maybe, maybe not. But it will happen eventually. And the first colony is doomed to fail. It's a death sentence. But I suppose someone has to be the first life lost.

Would he live on Mars?

Attached: 1450868978916.jpg (750x844, 413K)

all depends on you.
musk may be rich, but he isnt 5%-of-GDP rich.
pretty sure is right though, people arent exactly hostile towards funding his vision with tax monnies.

a mars colony can host the industrial backbone of what is necessary to start bigtime imports of resources from our solar systems moons and asteroids.
what are people going to do? all sorts of engineering jobs. everything that doesnt work on the ground the way it was imagined at earth/lunar launch.

I figure Mars is a little too cold for Elon

and the guy who designed the us side of the moon-mission rockets was a fucking nazi.
the effective result for humanity is just so much greater than our concerns about the personal motivations of the people involved, i couldnt care less about the individual actors.

Really because during the falcon heavy launch and build up to it I seen plenty of chinks and wogs milling around in fact one was the hoast of the stream sooooooo?

Anyone who values going to Mars before building a moon base is a fucking idiot.
>Let's build a base on this planet that takes over a year to get to
>What about that thing that's wayyy closer
>Nah we've already been there
It's like living in America but starting your first company in china during the 1800s

it is
>proof?

Dude, belive me

why no the moon?

Elon Musk CAN and WILL send people to Mars with the intention of setting up a colony. I've been watching his initiatives and directives and new companies very closely and I have a very solid theory on what he has planned.

He plans to set up an infrastructure for low-cost launches into space, so that mankind will have permanent off-world colonies. From what I can tell, he plans on doing small initial launches with reusable rockets. But long term, he has a much more grand plan.

I believe that Elon Musk plans on building a massive super structure that would stretch from ground level up the majority of our atmosphere. This is called a Launch Loop, and whatever is inside it can be accelerated in a near vacuum with electromagnetic propulsion along a track and launched at heights where there is almost no atmospheric drag. Vehicles like rockets could save the majority of their fuel for actually leaving Earth orbit, as opposed to just getting off the ground. It would be expensive to do, but I think the man has the capability to do it cheaper than anyone might imagine.

And part of how he is going to make this happen is by establishing a base on the Moon which could serve to refuel ships, mine precious metals, and even build infrastructure for his Mars colony.

He’s the best chance we have
Plus, nuking mars to jump start an atmosphere? That’s either madness or genious

>launch loop
i am intrigued. please elaborate.
is this an extension of the (currently impossible, because lacking high-quality durable materials) space elevator concept? and if its a structure as opposed to a carbon nanofiber rope, how does it deal with the stresses from shifting forces from lunar phase?

Yes. First a colony on Mars, then some teleportation experiments between Phobos and Deimos. Somehow a crate with chainsaws ends up there...

The idea of a second homeworld would be to have a backup, in case we fuck up life on earth.
The moon doesnt have the same potential for an atmosphere that mars does.
What will u do in your moon base when an asteriod takes out earth?
Sht in your space pants.
That’s what.

Attached: 78A13B10-97C6-4FEF-8569-5A2E39DFA682.jpg (642x476, 58K)

Launch loop as you describe it would be costly and pointless when you can just build the ships on the moon base and launch from there. Or launch from Earth the the moon base, where they would be refueled and then launched

As long as feminism doesn't get in the way

Completely missed the point. Great job. Look at how much space is taken up by fuel needed to leave the earth. The moon would serve as a gateway to other planets. We would have better communication and resource support from the moon.

>Can he pull it off Sup Forums?
Vision is impressive. I think you'd want to set up a series of space stations so that you'd have a kind of highway to Mars depending on its orbit and the orbit of the Earth. And you'd want to stockpile a fuckload of material on Mars or in the orbit of Mars.

so you would not only want to bring a shitton of supplies to amrs to start a colony, but supply multiple space stations IN SPACE for no other reason than that you can't imagine travel any other way than on a road