DOCTOR STRANGE TO HIT $500 WW

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/11/13/box-office-doctor-strange-nears-500m-worldwide-as-it-passes-150m-u-s/#35c7d215cc5d

>muh...muh.. marvel fatigue

DCucks really make me laugh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

updated list when?

dang $500?
they can buy a ps4 and $200 worth of tacos

I actually went and saw doctor strange even though i hate capeshit and i kinda liked it

Holy shit that's lower than that Tom sizemore flick isn't it

Lol you don't stop thinking about DC do you bud. What a fucking loser

What subreddit is this?

Doctor Strange is the first superhero movie I have seen since Dark Knight Rises. I cannot believe you manchildren actually go to watch all of these movies. I was so embarrassed that anyone over the age of 15 would actually watch such horrendous garbage. You guys need to grow the fuck up.

>$500
Holy shit, Marvel on suicide watch.

Moar Evans pls

literally who?

The only reason there is any Super hero movie fatigue is because of the bad movies flooding the market by DC/WB & Fox that put bad taste in people mouths.
If it wasnt for shit cape movies by DC/WB or Fox then people wouldnt have any fatigue in the slightest.

DORIMARU

I'VE COME TO THE BARGAIN BIN

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that about 70% of the MCU is just rehashed, respun, recycled plots, characters, and messages.

Nothing at all.

I'm even reaching the point where Stan's obligatory cameos are starting to annoy me. What was once cute and fun has just become formulaic and boring, which pretty much sums up my feelings for the whole MCU.

desu there is more excitement for the upcoming MCU films than the dc flicks. DC is burnt out after 1 year. Meanwhile it looks like Marvel is going to earn 700 million WW on a fucking Doctor Strange film.

Doesn't change the fact that they're getting boringly predictable.

>people actually bought the hype about Strange replacing Tony
fuck you all sheeps

why didnt dormamu just took the infinity stone from mister doctor?

Not really, I have no idea how Ragnarok, Vol. 2, or Homecoming are going to play out other than the hero wont die. Which is 99.9% of films.

Just saw it today, only marvel movie I've enjoyed.

marketing / budget recoup requires more than 500 mil you low IQ tard

>weak ost
>quip
>avenger reference
>quip
>infinity stone
>quip
>conflict
>quip
>boss battle
>quip
>credits
>post credits scene

>using foreshortening, platform shoes and a fake head to make RDJ taller
Marveldrones WILL defend this

It's on track for 700m WW.

-There may be an Infinity Stone in Ragnarok but not the other 2.
-Doctor Strange ost was brilliant.
-There may be an Avengers reference in Homecoming but not the other 2
-The rest is in 99% of other films.

>Marvel invented quips in action movies

Underage new fag detected

Why does this look so stupid?

Who gives a fuck? It's still got no heart. It's still junk food entertainment. Honestly, I felt much the same about Suicide Squad. Literally the only thing I took away from that one was the world-building.

no, but marvel invented quipfests on capeshit, even the bad guys quip

Did you ever see the original Superman movies or the Burton Batman movies newfag ?

Because it's literally out-takes of them goofing off. Not that you'd ever hear that from a Marlel shill.

>no, but marvel invented quipfests on capeshit, even the bad guys quip

You really are an underage faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

>implying RDJ was on set for any of the greenscreen bullshit

You're naive

Here :)

>posts the quipfest that killed the Bat franchise.

Oh, the irony.

release this movie today with marvel logo and will get a fresh RT

>"this is what I made it look like"

here you go senpai

GLORIOUS!

Can you also make one with Doctor Strange at 91%? It's 3 positive reviews away!

Thanks again!

I had given up on The Avengers, Iron Man, etc etc.

I liked Captain America and F4 up until their last batches.

I gave Marvel one last chance to impress me with Strange, I thought the effects would be cool and Ben Cum was a competent actor. But it was shit.

That was the last few dollars Marvel will get from me.

You won't be missed.

>That was the last few dollars Marvel will get from me.

See you next year at the cinema for Vol. 2, Spidey, and THOR!

>Post Ike Perlmutter MCU
>Feige unchained
>Back to Back 90%s

Why is Lord so based?

Like you?

>why is this tiny girl with us, what's her power?

No, you sincerely won't. I used to love Marvel, but since the buy-out, the stories are just too repetitive, the characterizations just too shallow, the themes just a bit too obvious and hackneyed.

Take Strange, for instance. The Ancient One's death is sold to us in such a way that it's obviously meant to be poignant, but we don't even know her. The little heart-warming personal moments meant to endear her to us are just too superficial and rushed to stick. They could have given us the MCU's Gandalf moment and showed her death as a meaningful sacrifice, instead she just goes down like a chump to sell us on how ruthless and evil the villain-of-the-week is.

Even then, they could have redeemed themselves by having her death speech be emotional, instead, it's just sort of dryly delivered between Swinton and Cipumberbatch in front of yet another greenscreen. They could have put in the time and effort to craft something with visceral impact, but what we got instead was two well-paid actors going through the motions. The director seems perfectly aware of this, so he takes an opportunity to insert yet more pretty lights and sparkles as if to say, "Hey, sorry for the utter lack if emotion. Enjoy the fireworks."

Sorry, I just can't continue to support the bastardization of characters I've known and loved my entire life. I wish you well in your continued support of a franchise where every hero is Spider-Man.

MCU: We Spider-Mouse now.

so are all the DC movies just outtakes of them goofing off?

>THIS IS IT GUYS, MARVEL'S FIRST FLOP
>AAAAAAH LOOK AT THIS STUPID SET PHOTO
>INCOMING FLOP
How do these guys actually deal with this news? Do they just ignore it and hope next time they're right? I mean no one's gonna actually admit they made a stupid embarassing mistake out of completely misplaced confidence and the need to be contrarian.

>DC is fun! our gritty Nolan days are over, we are like Marvel now! g-give us your money pls

upvoted

Speaking purely from a visual perspective, there has never been a marvel movie to compare with BvS, up to and including Dr. Strange.

The Disney shills are real. Saved all the posts for future reference.

It's kind of the same thing when a new DCU movie comes out. It's always the mindset of " this is going to be the one that blows the MCU's socks off"
It's always the next one will be good mentality.
Sad and pathetic really.

Dr Strange had the worst after credits scenes.

I want to piss on Mickey Mouse shills. The destroyers of Sup Forums. You should all die slowly.

Don't you get annoyed by the constant "BvS, MOS, SS are good movies bait meme threads" on Sup Forums

They actually talk about the movies instead of sucking a corporation's dick for making money. Kill yourself mickey mouse fucking shit

And both of those kinds of posts come from the same mindset of going against what's popular. I want to say how much I hate it yet I come back here daily.

This is proof that you fucks are waging corporate wars. Fuck what you pathetic shits have done to this board. I piss on your kind.

Kek for actually falling for the trolls that type out those essays.
You know that they are doing it just to mess with people didn't?
Is like looking at some dogs hit on the floor and I write a paper about it on how it means life and the struggles to cope with reality. That's what these guys are doing just to bait DCucks.
How can you guys be so naive lol.

>Hating Stan the Man's cameos

They're the only thing good about these movies

Everyone can see through you Mickey mouse fuck. And you have destroyed this board turning it into Sup Forums. And the mods are too dumb to deal with your cancer.

How is discussion praising MoS different from discussion praising any other movie? The only thing that seems to differentiate it in your mind is MoS is commonly shit on, made less money than whatever other recent capeshit, and is less popular. What a fucking petty mindset. And please dont tell me that it genuinely deserves praise unlike the latest disney flick. Im saying from the unbiased mindset that the threads are all people talking about the movie, in your mind the more popular one being discussed is shilled because you dont like the movie and cant comprehend how others could, and the least popular one is somehow genuine discussion. Fuck right off.

You're a shill. Its just as meaningless and empty when I say it as when you do.

>Didn't bother to rewrite the consensus

Come on. I know you're autistic enough.

Hey, fuck off, okay?
You don't see me making threads shitting on you Marvelfucks.
Remember Suicide Squad nearly reached 800mil without China.
I fucking hate you Chris Evan posters.
You fucks would be nothing without his laughter.

You're a blind, pathetic little man. I hope you're just a kid. I sincerely hope you are, because if I ever met a grown man as vapid as you, I'd pity him.

Why won't capeshit just fucking DIE?

NOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT DC BROS!!! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN1!!!!@

*dog shit, not dog hit

He's not blind, he's lying through his fucking teeth.

Yes, just look at all the intellectually stimulating conversation in this thread about how much money it's making. The only legitimate discussion of this film's actual artistic merits, or lack there if, comes courtesy of who's never going to get an answer from fucks like OP who support Disney's patented, family-friendly, pasteurized tripe.

>suicide squad gets 26% on rottentomatoes™ And is considered sexist by critics
>is based off mostly unknown characters to the gneral public
>still makes 750 million world wide without china.
>mfw based DC can turn in a subpar product to the marketplace and still btfo Marvel
>mfw dr strange will probably finish at 600-650 world wide while dc doesnt even really try and still wins at the bo

Stay mad cucks.

The lack of self awareness here is astounding, like I just wandered onto an atheist message board. But this isn't a discussion about a serious topic like religion or even politics, it's fucking capeshit. You're sitting here bickering with who you presume to be a child about men in colorful costumes with silly whimsical superpowers. You can talk shit on this piece of shit movie however much you want, the moment you start acting like a smug elitist over something so petty and downright retarded is when you are no better, and to a degree, worse.

Look at this picture, this is fucking stupid, and yet this is what you're taking dead serious threatening to piss on, in your own words, little kids over. Its one thing to be a grown ass man and like this shit, its another to pretend not to like it, keep up with all the latest set photos, news, plot details, and sequel bait, then insult the kids who mindlessly eat it up like you have patrician taste and need to show them what's what. They are losers, but at the end of the day you're ITT doing exactly what I described and that's unspeakably more sad. Why don't you go watch the fucking Avengers so you can make a post on Sup Forums about how shit it is, fucking idiot.

500 million isn't a lot of money for a marvel movie. They need to make like a billion so they can get enough profit to fund their other shit.

Someone should add Fox here too.
F4 isn't done by Marvel though, it's Fox.

Kill yourself Mickey Mouse shill fuck.

>posts a Fox movie

That's neither Marvel or DC.
Kill yourself.

What anime and why is he there? Did he harvest a mangaka?

I specifically made a point to say from an unbiased perspective, regardless of the contents of the discussion, that is what you're doing. And you didn't even attempt to refute my main point, tip toeing around it so you can take more hilarious shots at the immaturity of all those dumb Marvel fans. This is a thread about the box office performance, and the culture of Sup Forums is a bunch of memes and name calling so I dont know what the fuck you expect when those things are combined. Point still stands, but nice going avoiding it. You said it bro, those marvel fans are so dumb. Shill this, shill that, shill shill shill disney disney disney shill. Am I fitting in yet?

>he doesn't realize how good MoS is
Try looking under the fucking surface, kiddo.

Jonathan "Pa" Kent is arguably the greatest villain in modern cinema. Zack Snyder turned a bland farmer from Kansas into more than just the adoptive father of Superman; Pa Kent is now the catalyst that turns the Over-Man into a vicious killer, a dark messiah who offers hope only of being in his shadow.
Jonathan Kent is not an important man on the surface. He has an ailing farm and a wife who may share a name with the Wayne matriarch but has none of the wealth or the charm as that Martha does. Plagued by the sounds and sights of drowning horses and his own premature impotence, Jonathan finds the child his wife always wanted in the alien he names Clark, the creature he sees as the ultimate tool of vengeance upon the world that has mistreated him. Gone are the dreams of old, gone the days of hard working men like President Truman or Jonathan's father. Now the world is a gutter, filled with the sex and blood of thieves, whore and murderers. Jonathan sees in Clark the potential to create a messianic figure, a symbol of hope people could look up to as their new god, and thus he begins to lay the groundwork of his plans. He almost blew his cover when Clark saved a busload of children from drowning. All the trouble to sabotage the bus' brakes, and now the boy ruins everything. Jonathan couldn't have his boy plagued by the same sights and sounds of drowning life as he himself is, so he had to take more drastic measures. He had to die before his son's eyes for a pointless reason, to show that the life of a human being is worth no more than that of a dog's.
Jonathan Kent will teach you the Superman. He is lightning, he is madness!

Capeshit is capeshit. It couldn't matter less.

You should suck less cocks if you want to fit in.

You're not even trying anymore.

No I am honestly asking you to suck less corporate dick you little whore.

Marvel-fang is when you happy because Disney got money

DC-fan is when you happy because you got movie with depth, substance and interesting themes

What about people who like DC's comics but hate the shitty movies?

So dc fags are never happy?

The Disney shilling army is real. They are here and they will not stop. Our mods have no fucking clue the cancer they're dealing with.

Not sure, but it looks like UltimateSpiderman

How about you clue yourself into the fact that there is no such thing as a medium that is inherently devoid of deeper meaning?

You ever seen "The Last Unicorn?"

It's a cartoon. It's absolutely intended for children, yet somehow manages to be sad, funny, bittersweet, uplifting, and even inspiring all at the same time. It manages to speak to children and adults in equal measure, giving children a tale about heroism and adults some reflections on the nature of sacrifice, regret, and the endurance of myth.

Comic books can do that, too. For decades, that was their stock-in-trade, then some corporate shill came along and sold you and people like you on the notion that all they should ever be is brainless escapism and fun.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Hot pockets deleted the thread shitting on Marvel but this Sup Forums-tier corporate wars thread is apparemtly fine. Corruption runs rampant. This board is losing it.

>yfw Thor: Ragnarok is better and makes more money

It's Heroman.

So what's the reason they replaced Martian Manhunter with Cyborg? Can someone explain that to me?