ITT: Post a flawless album, then try to fault others'

ITT: Post a flawless album, then try to fault others'.

Dead Flag Blues Outro is both not fitting in the context of the album, and uninteresting

The vinyl version is infinitely better than the digital version, and I've never been a fan of the "I open my wallet and it is full of blood" line.

the buzzing noise in east hastings
it's live so the quality is all poopy

y'all a bunch of amateurs, try this

The second guitar solo in Everything Is Everything is objectively awful.

This album was flawless when I was in like 8th grade and my musical tastes were limited to the car radio and whatever CDs Hot Topic was selling that week

Wrong, i love that outro

ths

How does it add to the atmosphere of the album or compliment any of the themes the album was going for. Also explain why placing it at that exact point in the album makes the most sense

how about no

Hot Topic used to have some pretty good selections on vinyl back in the day

Some of the lyrics are shoehorned into the rhythm of the vocals and completely ruin the cadence.

Great discussion. You really know how to stick up for an album you think is flawless

Several sections have unsatisfying endings, like they put so much effort into building an atmosphere but they never finish each section as well as they start
If you aren't in the mood this can be laughable
Decently constructed pop-metal, but its nothing special or "perfect"
Not a fan of Homme's voice, and it's more leaning to the "rock" than "stoner" side of stoner rock
This is utter perfection, agreed

I can't listen to this out loud because it's too depressing

has a very obvious filler track

I used to think that Know was just this, but it's essential to the pacing of the album imo, both Horn and Know serve as little breathers between chunks of heavy emotion.

Also how can Yeezus be perfect when its littered with so many shit decisions and bad ideas? Its one of my favourite albums due to how contrasting the content is, and I love it, but its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination

those shit decisions just make the album bolder as a statement. in my opinion those decisions and ideas were not shit at all

I get what you mean man, I feel kinda similarly about this album.
However, there are still some moments on it that are kinda too shitty to ignore, like the entirety of "Iced Honey" on Lulu, and everything but the outro on "Send it Up". However in other instances it works, best example on Yeezus being "I'm In It", which makes me physically recoil in so many places, but that's kinda the point of it, and it's incredibly clever for doing that.

dagger is boring

His best work, Disintegration is a close second, but has a much weaker second half. Nearly every song on Wish is good and stylistically different. Kiss Mex3 is up there but too much filler.

The album drags on way longer than it needs to, toussaint stretches one idea to 17 minutes, natalie neal and the other one after kirsten supine are unneccesary to the album

Nevermind i'm thinking of kirsten supine
It's boring and doesn't add to the album

This may be a pleb opinion, but I don't like how the song stops completely, and then starts again in a different key and tempo, but is still considered the same track. It'd be easier to keep track of which parts I liked the best if they were divided up more neatly.

could not be more wrong.

too minimal. bryter layter and 5 leaves are much more interesting because of the added instrumentation. pink moon has the best songwriting of the three, though.

/Thread

objectively wrong
agreed on Toussaint tho

While I like the concepts in each individual track, I don't believe the whole album flows as well as it does on The Seer.

each song isn't 35 minute crescendo-core

sometimes the lyrics are shit or awkward
>like the romans, 300 bitches
its guud
flawless
shit i got quads

> dagger is boring
Get out.

Not very memorable outside on site, bound, and leather-black jeans aown

Sure they can compose, but I wouldn't even say that these guys have a perfect album, much less their non-coherent debut album being it.

Pic related. Prove me wrong, nogs

A bit inconsistent in style, but then again it's the point of the album...

This and spiderland are the only 2 albums I've heard that I can't find a single fault with. Pretty much flawless from back to front.

its boring, like the whole genre

This album is better than souvlaki prove me wrong

The last track
Literally everything
Send it up & guilt trip
>those digits
Every track except national anthem sucks
Gamba

Flawless. Maybe one can pinch down the fact that there are some redundant ideas, but i think that's the concept of the album

Kirsten Supine is the 2nd best track after Bring the Sun though, what are you talking about?

It killed Grindcore
Nothing half as good as this will ever come out of that genre again

Disintegrations second half is one of the greatest halves of any album ever, first half is amazing too but that second half...
Flawless

>Kirsten Supine 2nd best
wtf user, TBK is in my top 5 but this is just confusing. There are so many fantastic tracks to choose from. Why do you like it so much? Especially when there is other stuff like just a little boy, little god in my hands, she loves us, and oxygen? Agree that Bring the Sun is best though

The many minutes of train whistle and the drones on both sides of it, go on for way too long and are too early in the album for a drone
Filler: The Album
Could be 1 disc without sacrificing anything. The Glowing Man did drones and buildups much better.
I feel like Replica displays his sampling skills better, and is more successful at creating an atmosphere

Those noises on the end of the second track that sound like mosquitos make me want to stab my ears, other than that it's flawless

can't argue with that pick

I think the slow and steady bit by bit build up towards the climax is the thing that does it for me, adding slowly to the atmosphere until everything blows up and it just sounds really good in the end when all the instruments are "crying" their hearts out. Like I said, it's the 2nd best application of this formula after Bring the Sun. It also kinda sounds like some of their Soundtracks era songs which is definitely a plus. All of the songs in the album are fantastic though, from start to finish. It's definitely Gira's best work after SFTB.

>Money Folder
>Figaro
>Hardcore Hustle
>Rhinestone Cowboy
Album has no bad tracks, but some are definitely weaker, I excluded Bistro 'cause that's cheating

None. Nailed everything.
The fucking badass riffs just randomly pop in and loop in my head for days, especially Space Cadet. It's going to drive me insane.
Didn't sell well, which has made our boy kill himself. Definitely a fault.
Flawless.
Again, can't find one.
Can be inconsistent.

Shit forgot pic related

I love that album, but the entirety of Dogs is laughably garbage

I don't think it matters what anybody on this board thinks about that. The band felt it was right to put that bit there and that's really all that matters.

Honestly though Dead Flag Blues creates so much tension and the rest of the album past this certain point is depressing as hell. So it's nice to have something that sounds so happy mixed in. I think it's done tastefully and fits with the rest of the album

If it was a 4 song EP with the first three songs + Made of Stone it would be flawless, but it's kind of mediocre other than that

Title track aged like milk (Nice quads)
Bark Psychosis are my favorite band, but this is far from flawless. Graham's vocals are iffy at some points and I the bass lines should be a little louder on some tracks

Oh hey look, boring Folk
Bound 2 and send it up
Sing is too long and Here She Comes is too short
In The Annexe
Teenagers

Ya, I kind of see that side of it and that's how I've been interpreting it every time I listen to the album. For me, it just feels that unlike the other tracks on the album that one stands out as having no progression or development with the one idea so it feels thrown in and unnecessary to me unless they did more with it. I still love the album, that's really the only gripe I have with the album (the rest of the album seems so perfectly put together)

Some cheesy sounding solos i tell you what. Not a fair argument anyhow

some of the ideas overstay their welcome
Amazing album but I can't help but feel the 2nd half isn't as consistently great as the 1st

N/A

boring as hell

adhd

come one, man, that album is decent at best.

lacks 2-3 min singles?

>>>/reddit/

good taste

nah, i agree with him, definitely a pretty shit album.
the longer songs are the best ones, though

>Not a fan of Homme's voice
Homme doesn't sing on the album and Jerry's vocals are objectively great

>more leaning to the "rock" than "stoner" side of stoner rock
Nothing wrong with this

For Dinner

perfect album

This is probably the only 10/10 album next to In Utero.

flaw: it just isn't that good

You haven't actually listened to Kyuss have you?

yes
this is my favorite album of all time

Whats wrong with For Dinner

y'all niggas mind if i whine for a little bit?

this one is flawless desu

TWO
FUCKING
MINUTES

that's the best song you mong

Holy shit I haven't seen anyone other than me talking about this album here. Easily one of the most flawless albums and most underrated bands of all time

absolutely, my dude

>flawless