The Phantom Menace comes out

>The Phantom Menace comes out
>It's a huge hit when it's first released
>Over time people begin to realize it's not a good film
>George begins churning out 2 more films
>They end up being even worse than TPM
>Everyone hates George's Star Wars
>George finally sells the franchise to Disney, but not before milking it for all he can

>The Force Awakens comes out
>It's a huge hit when it's first released
>Over time people begin to realize it's not a good film
>Disney begins churning out a new Star Wars film every year

Starting to see a pattern here?

How long until Disney sells the franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg
youtube.com/watch?v=KyC5mjGZ2m4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe TPM is rather inoffensive.
Its very secluded into itself.

AotC on the other hand is the biggest garbage.

Agreed.

The last two prequels exist together as crappy attempts at modern Star Wars.

The Phantom Menace is uniquely strange. What a weird movie. Every aspect of it is totally bizzare. I can't think of another big budget movie which was on every level a total misfire. One weird idiosyncratic choice after another.

Could you explain? I'd like to hear what was specifically so strange about it.

9/11 really fucked everything up.

I don't think I can explain. Not in a post at this hour.

It's because it's a big budget film made by a director/writer with total creative control, who cannot direct or write.

man i smoked so much pot before seeing TPM, I had no fucking idea what was going on

The prequels are every bit as goo as the OT.

/threading my own post

Do you reckon Trump with bring forward a new age? We're due for a shift from post-9/11 to post-post-9/11.

Did World War Two just never end? Are we as nations destined to fight perpetually, our strength and natural enemies determined by our geography and climate? Are we but ants on a rock, gifted the illusion of self and free will but ultimately a slave to the ebbs and flows on nature?

haha me too bro 420 blaze it amirite?

How can a movie which rips off another movie while executing it 10 times better?

If you liked Part 4 than you automatically like Part 7. there's no arguing, that's just how it is.

At the very least, we can start making fun of the president again.

So were AOTC and ROTS.

>than

Oh please fucking die.

Please be bait.

Episode 7 was horrible cringey capeshit. Episode 4 is a simple tale that captures the imagination. It isn't a masterpiece, but it didn't need to be.

Episode 7 looked and felt like a TV show. Not funny, no heart, cringey characters and dialogue, horrible art direction, flatline plot, retarded advancement of the timeline etc.

I'm not even a massive Star Wars nerd. It's just, there's art and heart in 4 whereas 7 is a cheap, non-creative piece of merchandise.

2/7 movies are good. That makes it a bad franchise. Twilight had one good movie out of four. Twilight is a better franchise than Star Wars.

Not him, but there are a lot of kids that are going to watch TFA and feel the same way people did about ANH and that we did about the prequels.
One isn't art more than the other.

twilight has zero good movies you fag

Episode II>Episode I>Episode III>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Episode VI

Yes it is because VI is a legit remake

TFA was trash and I honestly feel sorry for the deluded goys who actually paid for it.

How the fuck do you know what kids think? And who cares anyway, they like all sorts of crap. I know that TFA is hogwash. That's all that matters.

The idea that we can't judge and discriminate between the Star Wars movies because kids like them and we're blinded by nostalgia is retarded.

TFA defenders are braindead.

Star Trek Beyond was more enjoyable and felt fresher than The Force Awakens.

It's just going to become capeshit. Disney won't sell it because the SW movie will be easy money for at least another generation.

V > IV > VII > VI

IV > V > VII > VI

V = IV > VII > VI

If you think otherwise, you're wrong.

>V ~= IV > VII > VI

you're welcome

Third movie had somone else do cinematography.

>Not him, but there are a lot of kids that are going to watch TFA and feel the same way people did about ANH

I think historical context is important to consider. ANH was one of the first space movies from a new generation of directors in the 70s. Kids really hadn't seen anything like it. TFA is just another in a sea of space opera wannabes.

TFA is objectively a solid movie

5>>>>=3=6 they're all decent movies overall>1>2

Empire is a GREAT movie. A new hope is excellent too, but empire is just a consistently amazing experience. The chemistry is great, the action flows.

Jedi is good, the Luke/Vader/Sheev parts are perfect. The rest feels rushed and is a bit dull.

TFA was good. If you take out the death star ripoff ending and a few of the nostalgia callbacks it would have been much better. Loses points for ignoring the prequels.

ROTS is a pretty good movie as well, other than the stale dialogue.

Except this is a lie. People where calling it shit from day one.

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg
youtube.com/watch?v=KyC5mjGZ2m4

How does it feel being wrong?

No way is 3=6. Like you said: the Throne room scenes are basically perfect. Beautifully shot, best dialogue in the entire series, and some of the most emotional music. 3 doesn't have a scene that even comes close.

5>4>6>7>>>the rest