Not living in the timeline where SMiLE was completed, released in 1967, and became the greatest album ever made

>not living in the timeline where SMiLE was completed, released in 1967, and became the greatest album ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.kr/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muh vegetables and other nonsense
>best album ever
Hahahahahaha

>muh unfinished masterpiece

Beach boy/Wilson fags are cancer

BOING BOING BOING BOING

Keep posting self-portraits and someone is bound to dox you

t. numale

its a masterpiece already in its unfinished state, imagine if it was fucking finished holy shit

Tell me more about how I need to listen to 5 discs of instrumental track sessions to get it.

Just listen to the first disc, asshole

I'm undoxable. Try me, fatboy.

awww poor baby's mad someone thinks his favorite album is shit. Go cry in the corner johhny, nobody gives a fuck about your powerlessness.

It's not the fully produced and mastered album it was intended to be so I fail to see how it could be perfect.

You don't you fucking retard

my name isn't johnny
BTFO

Your album is nonsense shit. BTFO

your virginity is showing

in the cantina margaritas keep the spirits high

It's DOING you filthy pleb

In what way is it unfinished?

Certain parts only exist in demo recordings, transitions are missing, and Brian wasn't happy with the overall product

Brian had only 4 songs finished by the end of May 1967, out of the twelve earmarked for the album. Based on the Brian Wilson presents Smile (which they based their sequence on), we know what it would sound like if it was finished. With that template, yes, it's unfinished. Stop begging the question.

listen to soniclovenoize's mix of it if you haven't already

Heard of this, I know people like me that think BW Presents Smile sounds too clean really like it. I'll give it a go.

That guy did an amazing job, everything just fits in perfectly, it's been my go to version of SMiLE ever since i first heard it

Which one? The BWPS one? The 1967 mono/stereo?

I think he means the the soniclovenoize one.

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.kr/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html
This one, it's worth at least one listen

Soniclovenoize has made three versions

Alright, I've heard all of them, was just checking which one you were giving praise too

>not living in the timeline where SMiLE was completed, released in 1967, and pushed The Beatles even further to the point where their next albums were even better

Even if it was released in time it'd be remembered as overrated garbage beloved by underage pseuds.

ITT: Beatles fags autistically screeching at SMiLE

retard here

how'd some random dude get access to source tapes and make his own mix?

This

He says it right at the end of his post

Sources used:
Good Vibrations: Thirty Years of The Beach Boys (1993 CD box set)
Good Vibrations (2006 40th Anniversary CD EP)
Made in California (2013 CD box set)
Smiley Smile (2012 CD remaster)
The SMiLE Sessions (2011 CD box set)
The SMiLE Sessions (2011 LP, son-of-albion vinyl rip)

he literally lists the sources

haha i know right fuckin plebs i live in the timeline where it was finished and bernie sanders got us to mars

S-sorry

Isn't making your own mix from that difficult? Don't you need stems or whatever they're called?

i don't think the album could have even been conceived. the little parts of genius we got are probably all it was ever going to be. seems impossible for them to evolve into anything more than what they were. even 'brian wilson presents smile' was basically full of stuff we already knew of

do you know why he excluded "a gee" ?

>t is of relevance however that many extra sections—including “Gee” and it’s variations, the experimental ‘Swedish Frog’ segment’ and the ‘Prelude to Fade’ segment—constitute what I believe is the theoretical “Heroes and Villains part 2” track, what many believe would have been the b-side to the single.

>These specific segments were all recorded after the ‘Cantina’ version was prepared, yet before the album was abandoned and “Heroes and Villains” got a complete facelift. They theory is that Brian Wilson recorded these parts specifically for the b-side rather than for “Heroes and Villains” proper. Regardless, “Heroes and Villains part 2” is not included in this album reconstruction, as it would not have been on the album in 1967.

i see. thanks. i must have skipped over that when i was looking for it