Was there ever a more terrible decade for music than the 80s?

Was there ever a more terrible decade for music than the 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=m01lPNVv90s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5ZbMMZ6Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=twLVVtMSEL4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8qfaULewQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The 1840s

The 10s.

Dubs confirm!

But anyway, I made an essay on why I thought the 2000s was terrible.

Here: docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk

>he doesn't like Van Halen and Megadeth
I'm sure OP is definitely not a soyboy, guys

Post punk/ new wave save it. Plus blues revival.

Country also died in the 80s.

A better question is was there ever a worse decade for rock drumming than the 80s? The answer is no.

Dads always talk about the Def Leopard drummer having one arm. Well it fucking sounds like it.

There is no greater sign of plebiness than thinking the 80's was a bad decade. The 80's was, far and away, the best decade for alternative and underground music. 80's sucked for metal and mainstream rock, sure, but if that's what you're measuring the quality of music in a decade by then you're no better than your average modern day top 40 listener

Punk is bad. New wave is objectively worse than disco and funk.

Way to out yourself as a massive pleb

No. Though to be fair the blatant obsession with 80s throwback during the late 2000s, early 2010s probably made it worse than it seemed.

Punk is objectively dogshit. The idea of children who can't even play a chord or sing enlightening others on politics is fucking hysterical. And the fact that they thought they were tough is absolutely embarassing. New wave is simply technically inferior to disco and funk both instrumentally and vocally.

> 80s
> era of industrial, hardcore, crust, jangle pop, alt-dance, acid house, deathrock, boom bap, grindcore, proto-black metal, death metal
> bad
wat
I know teens who know very little about music like to say the 80s suck because all they see is hair metal, but please, stop

You make a good point, but even those you remember the 80s only talk about that top 40 shit ("THE HITS"). I've shown people music from around the time they grew up (usually underground stuff) and they always look surprised when i reveal its from their generation.

>the 80s sucked for metal

Please don't respond to this person. There is literally no reason to - his criticism is meaningless.

>he doesn't realize that punk evolved beyond the Ramones
Why do underage even bother talking about subjects they clearly know nothing about

>I have no arguement
>I like the death of good technical drumming and bass playing
>I enjoy music without impressive instrumentals

No, that's the Sex Pistols, the Ramones were essentially making satire of everything.

I blame it on VH1 "Remember the '80s?" specials that have you believe Madonna/Michael Jackson/hair metal were the entirety of 80s music.

Let's all go to Hot Topic to buy band shirts of our favorite anti-capitalist themed punk band. War is bad m'kay. Fuck you gradpa- establishment, you don't get us cool youths. All cops are bastards but it's not cool if you steal my stud jacket at the concert .

90s
00s
10s

This is bad playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=m01lPNVv90s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5ZbMMZ6Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=twLVVtMSEL4
And that's all the response you deserve

:^)

a coworker invited me over to drink and watch rock of ages. was begging to die of an aneurysm just 15 minutes in.

Yes, it is. We have different pars for what good is.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8qfaULewQ

'78

>Dads always talk about the Def Leopard drummer having one arm.
lmao i've heard that from at least 4 dads

That's really awful for jazz. It's just bad, noodly, meaningless fusion bullshit. You should try Mingus, Blakey, La Roca, Shorter, Morgan, Getz, and Reinhardt.

The 80s had the rather unique characteristic of being a decade when most of the good music came from underground bands and the mainstream was shit.

Do you know what par is?

Yes.

Do you?

Yes.

every decade that came before it

>one shitty band=an entire decade's worth of music