Tfw you can no longer listen to your favorite band in good conscience because the lead singer has been revealed to be a...

>tfw you can no longer listen to your favorite band in good conscience because the lead singer has been revealed to be a massive degenerate

It hurts, lads. I laughed at all these dipshit celebrities who got exposed as raging sex perverts, but it feels a lot different when it's your ox being gored. Brand New's music meant a lot to me, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at them the same way ever again.

it's a good thing, maybe now you can start listening to good music

t. numale

I'm jamming to Science Fiction right now.
Lo and behold, it's still good.

Can someone tldr for me?

dude how is cyber-rape even real lmao just walk away from the computer lmao

who. cares.

Doesn't it make you feel any better that he's a changed man? Why don't you choose to judge him for who he is today instead of his early 20s, 15 years ago?

I don't care brand new is still great.

Jesse Lacey did inappropriate things with a minor

His and minor's age?

Good point.

him being a degenerate is inspiration for a lot of their music if you listen to the damn music and lyrics you idiot

>rock music
>degenerates

pick two

What happened
>Girl was 15
>Jesse was 24
>Jesse somehow "forced her" to watch him masturbate over Skype in 2002

It's still fucked because she's young though.

if she was 16 would it be ok?

Still no. My own biases say that anything before 18 is gross. Still, I think that this is less awful than if Jesse were 39 like he is now, and the girl was 15.

The girl, if she has the proof she says she has, needs to go to the police and lawyer up. I'm not saying this because I don't believe her, but this is exactly what needs to happen.

Until then, this is all a witch hunt. Even in his statement, Jesse didn't admit to doing those things directly.

lol what a dumb slut

Dude's a human being who has made mistakes in the past. If he was still acting like a deviant psychopath it would be a different thing, but he seems to have realized his errors and worked on becoming a better person. If people can't be redeemed after that then what is the point?

>mods deleting Jesse Lacey threads

It's so funny. I swear, these people are single-mindedly committed to the idea that music is this institution of published, recorded works. They will learn the truth soon.

I think 15 is enough to fucking consent, not a big deal desu and yes considering
it is pretty tame

Don't worry about it user. Jesse has most likely grown as a person, and there's little evidence apart from the victim's story, which is faulty anyway. The only example of harassment she gave
was and it's an extremely unstable claim. Skype wasn't created until August 2003, when Jesse would've been 25. Don't get me wrong, if Jesse did what she says, he's a twat, but as it is I feel that it can be ignored by us. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" should hold true here. I know Jesse has confessed to it, but there is always the likelihood that he just didn't want to ruin his reputation further.

beta uprising when
just do it soyboys

Skype wasn't around in 2002 tho...

stop trying to make soyboy happen, faggot

The age of consent in most of the US is 16.

>t. soyboy

666 hail satan amirite XD XD XD

Lot's of self-hate in the lyrics so not really surprising

Who cares, still a great album

what? I can’t even keep up with the blistering rate of Sup Forums‘s raging meme retardation anymore.

Seeing all of his fanboys and girls get mad on facebook has been a joy. Everything along the lines of "FUCK YOU JESSE, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE UNDERSTOOD US, YOU WERE ONE OF US. FUCK YOU I HAVE YOUR NAME TATTOOED ON MY BALLSACK