Ok, you fags are making wanna watch this

ok, you fags are making wanna watch this.
Is this interstellar "good" or solaris/stalker good? To which is it closer and will i get the same feeling of disappointment out of it like i did from interstellar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's more like Gravity in that is a self exploration movie about dealing with grief.

gravity was just an excuse to look at the earth in cgi from space for an hour or two with clooneys sexy ass face to help with the view for a while.

it's somewhere between interstellar good and solaris good

The ending was beyond anticlimactic.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
it sucks. couldn't just be an interesting movie about aliens could it? Has to be some stupid soul searching shit

kek the narration is hilariously bad...

yea right nobody seems to mention that. Was fucking out of nowhere and stupid. who thought that was a good idea???

Let's just say it's more Prisoners than Enemy

I meant the narration of the video...kek...

it reminded me of Contact, but it won't end being a classic like Contact was

no torrent no watch

Yo, check it, it's more like The Abyss than anything else.

Prisoners > Enemy by a longshot

Dont waste your money you faggot

It was a decently made film, nothing groundbreaking. A lot better than most of the trash put out lately

I'd agree with this. I wasn't blown away but this was well put together, well acted and had an interesting premise

No doubt the normies will hate it though and cake dr strange instead

Hong Kong>>>>>>>>>>Shanghai

Fuck that ball-on-ball tower.

It's Interstellar/solaris good.

Don't bother it's a shit movie

a lot of people walked out because it go so boring near the end.

and plot was so ridiculous the audience was laughing and booing of how fucking stupid that scene with "the general" was.

I kind of felt that way too, it's like it kept beating me over the head with the twist saying "DO YOU GET IT, DO YOU GET IT NOW?!"

>people making any kind of noise in a cinema
WHY? YOU AMERICANS ARE NO BETTER THEN DOGS.

Ignore these plebs, it's a masterpiece. Solaris-level kino, I'd say, not as good as Stalker but oh my goodness so much better than Interplebber.

Sure if you're a turbopleb

>boring

I'm sorry you didn't get your quips and splosions. Maybe Mister Doctor is more your thing?

It was Interstellar-lite

It actually reminded me a lot of Interstellar in that it tried to hard to "blow your mind" but was so blatantly obvious. It doesn't work when the average moviegoer guesses the ending halfway through. And in any case it wasn't that mind-blowing just kind of meh. Plus the whole concept is just a plothole.

The actual movie itself as a movie is quite boring and forgettable too. They didn't even try very hard with the alien designs it's just big tentacle things. so original.

>the post-capeshit generation consider anything with no fighting and quips to be kino

Cinemá is literally dead at this point, this was the nail in the coffin. They've dropped the bar so fucking low it's sad.

I don't think I got it. So the language made her able to time travel? The kid was not even born/dead yet? Why was she so depressed?

It confused the shit out of me.

Shit movie, it loosely dabbles in predetermination and unity themes through the story of personal grief and the acceptance of knowing such grief will be unavoidable by the joy that comes prior to it will be worth it.

Also tacked on reason for aliens coming to earth of "hey, help a nigga out in 3,000 years" then they fly away, in the short story there was no such reason as the aliens and their language was just a vehicle for a better commentary on predetermination. There is nothing interesting in this movie, no questions to be asked, nothing to understand. It also has random action thrown in for no reason other than to make it seem less empty by virtue of explosions and conflict.

Watch it on netflix 4 years from now or just torrent it whenever one pops up. Literally an extremely shitty version of The day the earth stood still and solaris being mashed together to the benefit of no one.

People won't agree but this was one of the best sci-fi movies ever IMO. It actually manages to hit the emotional notes that interstellar tried to hit but failed.

they are both bad movies

>So the language made her able to time travel?

Yes, the movie was THAT retarded.

>The kid was not even born/dead yet?

Yes, she knew the baby would die of cancer as a teenager but had it anyway. The movie is THAT bad

>Why was she so depressed?

Literally a plothole. She hadn't learned to see the future yet but they used the depression to make it appear as though she was depressed about her kid. When it's revealed that's not why she was depressed you're left with a literal plothole. As in a part of the plot that isn't explained ie a hole

At least capeshit doesn't pretend to be smart like this did

>>The kid was not even born/dead yet?
>Yes, she knew the baby would die of cancer as a teenager but had it anyway. The movie is THAT bad

Free will doesn't exist in this movie universe, it's determined from start to end (also most likely doesn't exist irl imo). She chose to have the baby because that's the kind of person she is and always will be/has been etc. If she wasn't that type of person she would have never had the flashforwards in the first place.

Do people like you go to see movies while on drugs or do you just not pay attention?

In the film as she learns the language it begins to rewrite her brain so that she starts to see time in the same way as the heptapods by virtue of the language they use, this is quite literally alluded to in the first 2 minutes with the opening interlude and then hammered home for the next 100+ minutes. Them showing the flashbacks at the start of the movie was a deliberate attempt to mislead the audience to the timeframe of her memories as well as to set itself up for the 'reveal' of her seeing time all at once once her mastery of the language kicks in.

No the kid was not born yet, OBVIOUSLY since fucking Renner was the god damn father and hadn't met her prior to the aliens you god damn fucking monkey. She wasn't depressed the flashbacks(flashforwards) were just used in a way so as to make it seem that way, with her being a stuck in the rut, empty home, university teacher who was in supposed mourning over her loss.

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU EXIST?

slept through it. another bad villeneuve

Because bleeding heart liberals won't allow the sterilisation of plebs

It's good when you compare it to other Hollywood movies. That is about it.
You can shittalk art movies as much as they want, but at least few of them get emotions right and handle them on a deeper level. This right here is more pretentious at times than anything.
It is good, and good for what it is. But that is just it. It's overhyped for damn sure.

It is not complicated, unless all you watch are Hollywood movies.
It looks great, however, and is decent enough in itself.

Why did the ships vanish?

Why didn't he have future visions too as he got better at the language?

>abbott is death process

OP here, thanks, you sound like someone who shares my tastes.

If you want a film about aliens go watch oblivion or something else to turn your brain off
As soon as you started to watch this you would have known it wasnt about ayys or a dumb sci-fi blockbuster

Pretty good, just watch it

This was actually a genuinely good plot twist and i can truthfully say i enjoyed throughouly enjoyed it

It's a great movie for like a half of it or so. It is undeniably ambitious, at least trying to pretend it's smart.

Great direction, cinematography, acting from Amy Adams, music, atmosphere, mystery.

But then it falls completely apart. It's not "aliens who hate water and can be killed by it, travel to the one planet that is mostly made of water" retarded, like Signs, but pretty retarded and nonsensical nonetheless.

God forbid you waste 2 hours of your precious time making up your own informed opinions you fucking retard nigger

>Oblivion
>alien

You retarded mate?

It's a boring waste of time. Unless you're feeble-minded or high as fuck then you'll likely find the final concept ridiculous. You NEED to turn your brain off or you'll find yourself wanting to walk out at how stupid this movie is.

I thought Interstellar was much better.

This.
From the first trailer it was very obvious that it was gonna be about the scientists/translator, and there would probably be Aliens in about 1/4th of the movie

Poor man's 2001

Why did they name the ayy lmaos after Australian politicians?

The aliens are in the movie a lot and Amy Adams has images of the future

This the first movie I watched in the theatres since Hail Caesar, and I wasn't disappointed

2 hours; plus tickets, travel time, parking, concession or food court, and whatever worth I place on my wasted time and utility should I be disappointed.
Why do you think normies like RT so much? Same principle, even if they can't quantify it as well.

Nigger Gravity was fucking awful shut the fuck up.

This. If you liked the short story you will probably have problems with the movie and how they tried to shoehorn some time paradox BS. The soldiers getting influenced by the soapbox media was was an interesting addition but it was executed terribly, barely two minutes worth of screen time was dedicated to this and somehow they are able to commander some explosives and drive to the lens without raising any suspicion? fuck.

And the whole scene with the Chinese general and the cellphone..... fucking what the fuck.

I was really exited for it because I like Ted Chiang's writing and really enjoyed The Story of Your Life and they had a a chance to make a nice thoughtful subtle film (which looked great either way) but took a shit on it because they maybe thought it would be too boring for audience so they though to spice it up a bit.