This sucks

this sucks

I think it's decent but certainly not great. I'm a sucker for that 70s horror aesthetic.

Haven't heard it yet. Does it actually suck or are you just a brainless stoner who can't into retro metal?

lol I like electric wizard but calling someone a brainless stoner because they don't like the band is just ironic.

them’s some ugly titties

Dopethrone > We Live > Come My Fanatics... > Supercoven >>>>>>>>>>> Witchcult Today = Black Masses > Let Us Prey > Electric Wizard > Wizard Bloody Wizard > Time To Die

yup

we live is so underrated

Electric Wizard is back again with my favorite album of this year. What they've delivered to us is a six track collection that embodies the band they truly want to be right now. Their influences this time are primarily drawn from 60s and 70s heavy psych, blues rock, proto-punk, and of course, Black Sabbath. "Necromania" and "Mourning of the Magicians" are some of the band's greatest tracks and far removed from anything the band has done in the past. "Mourning..." is one of their greatest and most monumental closing tracks and even I was surprised by how well they executed it. This may not be for every Electric Wizard / doom metal fan, especially the ones eagerly waiting for them to put out Dopethrone 2.0, but to say it's "Electric Wizard by the numbers" would be incredibly inaccurate. Wizard Bloody Wizard is a welcome change of pace for the doom metal gods.

10/10

?

better than what they have been doing recently but damn I hate jus vocals on this

Atrocious album art

Are you kidding me? It's rad as hell. Certainly better than Dopethrone.

t. butthurt roastie

Looks like shit my mam, reminds me of the

a-user, are you ok?

big tiddy gof gfs I never had

Is this supposed to be a spoof of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath?

I understand that Electric Wizard has this whole Doom Metal angle going for them.

Most likely

Dopethrone > We Live >>> Come My Fanatics > Let Us Prey >>> Witchcult Today > Black Masses > s/t >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Time to Die

Haven't listened to the new album yet, but the single was TtD material. Honestly, the band hasn't been good since We Live and their Sabbath worship aesthetic has turned them into a perennial cringefest. The regurgitated power chords and the same tired riffs really illustrates just how superior Sleep was and is.

Fans often put it among their top three, it's a shame they ditched the heavy sludgy esoteric sound for the goofy 70s ordeal. Let Us Prey is much more underrated in comparison. Everything after We Live kind of sucks.

their self titled is all that bad i'm actually a fan of that tone they had before they added the fz-2 pedal

I didn't like come my fanatics at all. Dopethrone is their best IMO

t. plen

Come My Fanatics is probably their most overrated album. It has a few really great songs but they have some dreadful cuts on there. It's given the benefit of the doubt because Return Trip is probably the best song they've ever recorded.

It's actually a Sepultura reference :^)

Who dat?

Are they still using the Hyper Fuzz in Wizard Bloody Wizard?

This isn't one of my favorites but I thought it was alright. This sound isn't anything new in metal but I feel like it's something they haven't done before, and whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to the listener. This seems like a stepping stone into the "back to the roots of hard rock/heavy metal" type of sound so I'm interested to see what they do next

don't leave us hanging

i havent heard this yet but whats so bad? is it just le retro metal like Ghost or something? I really liked witchcult today.

They used to be good. At this point the band is washed up and their pushing the same tired narrative. It's nothing extraordinary, band releases a couple genre keystones early in their career and loses touch over time. thanks in part to a multitude of factors such as a revolving door lineup, lack of motivation, and possible yoko ono syndrome. Electric Wizard's getup is stale and musically uninteresting at this point.

typical electric wizard fan

They've turned into what Rush turned into. New albums aren't bad, just all sound the same.

When did Rush turn into that? Rush is a band I admire for regularly changing their sound and staying fresh.

this