Star Wars The Rehash Awakens

Wait, people thought this was good?
Just saw this on HBO and saw RLM's non review praising it as pretty good.

Has nostalgia clouded everyone's mind?

>Just saw this on HBO

lmao end your life

You can stop pretending now, just admit you disliked it because you're a racist.

It's a well executed competently made too safe soft reboot with a recycled story of the original.

Resulting in a streamline, but passable movie.

Nah, the movie's alright

passable how? because it had a beginning, middle and an end? I guess.

Finn was a good character.

He was the only good character.

His character made no sense. He was a quirky, noble guy with a good sense of humor. Nothing like a someone that was alienated by their family and trained all their life to be an Unsullied Space Nazi. Its like if he was raised in a good environment. Yet he had no problem killing tons of Storm Troopers who are presumably exactly like him.

Passable because it didn't fail in most filmmaking elements.

>Good framing and composition
>Amazing sound design by Ben Burrt
>Great blend of CGI with the practicals which don't look instantly dated (except for Maz, don't know how that happened)
>good line deliveries and actor blocking
>Snappy editing
>The Dark Side having some character instead of just being "evil bad guys"

The biggest flaws are the rehashed story and use of old "proven" plot devices, but that alone doesn't make a movie atrociously bad you know.

Stop over exaggerating just to prove your point, make actual arguments.

>Sanitation guy with dreams
>Wasn't mentality ready for first combat mission
>Filled with fear when captain tells him to report for brainwashing
>Decides to break out swarthy rebel pilot because he didn't have a better plan
>Thinks he gains a friend, friend dies
>Crazy white woman nearly gets him killed four times in a row
>Female Yoda tells him to join a smuggler crew, but he's shamed for doing so
>Comes back because friends are in danger
>Doesn't know how to lightsaber so he shanks a nigga
>Beat up
>Everyone else seems to have this strong family he never had, also thinking with dick, everyone around him thinks he's a hero
>Tries his best with no experience and a lack of planning, at least he has been there.
>Loses a lightsaber fight because he doesn't know what he's doing
Finn was consistent and had character development.

This.

They did a really shitty job of explaining how he went from a storm trooper to a literal dindu nuffin.

starwars was never good

the first 3 were space campy, the second 3 were just boring and liked by autists because the characters never make any facial expressions

Its just exists as a pop culture reference that retards mistake watching it makes them geeks, which makes them smarter than the average person when they just blew 20 something on a supermarket t-shirt with the characters on

fuck, 4 of the 7 movies are about blowing up a sphere base

he wasn't just some sanitation guy, he performed the best in simulations so clearly he was capable of killing and following orders

You just proved the point though. You named basic stuff that every movie with a budget does. And I never said the movie was atrociously bad. It does the basics that every movie gets right. What it had was a shallow plot, bad character development, a mary sue lead, dull action scenes, a weak villain and of course was 50% recycled material.
The only non basic point you named was the dark side having some character. But the Sith Lord was just and "evil bad guy" and Kylo was just an evil man baby. He was 1 dimensional.
>I'm evil and insecure..the end

Listing things that happened to him in the movie doesn't change the fact that his character made no sense. His character was friendly and compassionate at the beginning and friendly and compassionate at the end. That wasn't character development.

NO it was shit. Like the biggest shit log you would ever see. The largest, biggest most unsettlingly smelly shit log.

T'hey were most certainly better than the shit awakens.

>You named basic stuff that every movie with a budget does.

So you are saying that every movie that has a bigger budget is technically great?
The prequels look great today?
Marvel movies have great cinematography or sound design/soundtrack?
You like the chaotic composition of the Transformers?
Ghostbusters have great cinematic lighting?
You love the choreography in TDKR?

Movies are a visual medium, not a narrative one.
Story is just one element of the whole, not the only important thing to focus on.

To just dismiss all the DP's, sound engineers, set and production designers etc and call it all "basic" like everybody can do it is absurd.

>Marvel
Marvel movies do have basic cinematography and snappy editing. I will admit that the strong point and possibly the only strong point in Episode 7 is that there were some beautiful shots and the use of practical effects is good.
>Prequels
Episode 1 and 2 look good for their time because the CG is very outdated today. Episode 3 still looks great.
Transfomers is a completely different style of movie so comparing the two doesnt make any sense.
>ghostbusters
You actually watched that?
>TDKR
TDKR had horrible choreography. This movie had mediocre choreography.

Movies tell a story visually. Separating the two is pointless otherwise we would just be watching tech demos all day.

>To just dismiss all ...
I call it basic because when you watch a movie, you expect it not to look like shit. You praise it for looking exceptional not passable.

I honestly liked it. I didn't expect much from this film so I wasn't let down a slightest bit.

ironically i went into that movie expecting the nigger to be the worst character and he ended up being halfway decent aside from things other anons have pointed out

oh god fucking kill that smug bitchface cunt retard bong Daisy Ridley though. and fuck her stupid accent, nearly ruined the movie for me

People actually think it was good, its trash. Its an embarrassment, its so fucking shit it makes the prequels look good

watching movie channels and seeing movies you havent is the best thing to do when watching tv

Daisy ridley can't act, has a terrible english accent which should be qt and is ugly as fucking bricks.

WIDE EYES AND AGAPE MOUTH

To put it like this:
>OT > PT > 7

It was abysmal.

Even South Park admits it was shit.

what has South Park ever gotten wrong?

Plenty, but those boys love Star Wars to death, and gave Lucas shit to hell and back. If they can even see what a shallow piece of filth TFA is, well...

Trips of truth

holy fuck people actually think that, this is the type of shit that got us trump you fucking idiot.
watch what you say and check yourself.
stop pretending the force awakens wasn't an obvious cash in with far more racist subversive undertones. you fucking idiot. seriously wake up.

> with far more racist subversive undertones
explain

Then you must hate Fury Road, Sicario, The Revenant or Kooyanisqatsi.

All of those are movies with a bad/mediocre script, but they are still good movies just because of the filmmaking qualities.

And mind you if those movies had a good story, but bad/mediocre other elements of the film, we wouldn't even discuss them now.

I thought it was good

Wow, the disney shilling is real.

They just took Episode IV and made some changes:

-Luke replaced with an amnesiac Bastila
-Vader replaced with a wimpier version of Anakin Solo
-Instead of one planet with significance getting destroyed, three planets with no significance are destroyed
-No princess rescue
-No Jedi training