So how was it?

So how was it?

new years day was enjoyable

Please don't spam your personal projects on Sup Forums, keep them in the soundcloud/bandcamp threads.

It was SHIT

mediocre, but delicate is her best song

terrible, overproduced, feels bad on the ears. lyrics are hypergeneric and/or sexist. her music is getting worse and worse, i liked most of red and the stuff she wrote when she was like 16 was good for what it was but this is just bad

I thought she was country/pop?

I just finished listening to it and literally every song sounds the same.

what the fuck was she thinking

I don't understand how someone can sound less mature when they're 27 than when they were 16, but she somehow managed it.

It sold more than a million copies in a week. So it must be good.

you're listening to a corpse being danced around on strings

I kind of like Ready For It
desu

My roommate was playing it really fucking loud in the living room while I was trying to take a nap the other day, so maybe my review is a little biased but I thought it sounded pretty bad. I don't know which song it was but I seriously thought it was the jingle from the fucking Spotify ad before she started singing. Painfully generic.

"look what you made me do" "are you ready for it" ... i just think that sounds lame and edgy lol too overwhelming for meTAYLOR GROW THE FUCK UP

Yeah. Delicate, Getaway Car, New Years Day, and Dress all sound the same. You're a fucking retard

The cover is a perfect representation of it. It's Taytay, it's kinda washed out and grey, it has fun new edges but still feels stale, missing energy and overall boring while never reaching real lows or highs.

So about 6

an inept attempt at rebranding one's image for the sake of extending a mediocre career, continuing to ensure nobody will remember her work

pretty much this

the focus on petty drama doesn't help draw the focus away from the mediocre, often outright terrible musical elements on this. Almost every song is secondhand embarrassing, like I feel ashamed for her that she put this project out. The sounds are dated and unchallenging, there's really nothing here that transcends mediocrity, and a lot of it actually sinks below it.

Still gonna sell millions, though, so people are still gonna think fucking Jack Antonoff is good and give this thing minimum 6 out of 10 since everyone is afraid to say its shit in case it ends up being "important" or something.

>300 million by 27 with fucking music
>a mediocre career
How can you be this fucking deluded? Feel free to think whatever you want about her work but she's objectively the most successful female artist ever.

maybe he meant that the music she makes is mediocre. which I agree with

That picture really makes me want to choke her (in a sexual way).

>but she's objectively the most successful female artist ever.
I'd say she's no where near Madonna, yet.

ayyyyyyy,
charmain mao

Well, guess I could've specified on

prediction: fantano gives this a 7

I see celine dion as a gate keeper. if she can get over her she has a shot at madonna.

Antonoff can write some good melodies (The Lourve, Style), but his production is so fucking flat and underwhelming

I never get the fuzz about Dion. Any essential albums? Her voice always goes on for too long.

Pretty bad. If she was obese it would be good though.

Its good, solid pop. Might even be the second best pop album of the year after Melodrama.

The p4k review was hilarious. Dude basically says he loves everything about the album except the song where she ices kanye and then gives it a 6

>ed sheeran's rap verse

The only thing worse than a black dude rapping on a pop song is when it done by a tattooed ginger