What are some weird/surprising meetings between two musicians?

what are some weird/surprising meetings between two musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ju4nu9Ho2MY
youtube.com/watch?v=O_PkSEZlE9E
youtube.com/watch?v=GSsxAjUl1og
youtube.com/watch?v=MU0cRVr4EsE
youtube.com/watch?v=8GEb_RCkVPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wSxuW6sNhCA
youtube.com/watch?v=tx5MyeMlch4
youtube.com/watch?v=QtGQP3ZYq9M
opb.org/artsandlife/article/portland-musicians-remember-david-bowie/
moon-palace.de/tricky/q95.html
angelfire.com/la2/bitingfae/bowienbowie.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cOQAmRLcxzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't surprise me that Beck is a Cash fan 2bh

Cash liked Beck, too. He covered Rowboat.

youtube.com/watch?v=ju4nu9Ho2MY

Tiny Tim once did a collab with Current 93 and Nurse With Wound
youtube.com/watch?v=O_PkSEZlE9E

holy shit

I didn't know about that one but I knew he did a split with GG Allin
youtube.com/watch?v=GSsxAjUl1og

Cash was pretty hip when he was old. Consider the fact that his last few albums were mostly covers of bands like Nick Cave and Nine Inch Nails.

Cash with Strummer was cooler.

Shirley Collins and C93 was pretty awesome too.

Unfortunately they didn't record anything together.

He also remade "Tiptoe" with a punk group, forget which though.

Not that weird/surprising I just love these pictures

is that robert christgau

This one gets me every time

they used to hang out and do drugs

I have got about a dozen NWW CDs and things in my closet and I never knew about this and I love you very much.

As a general freakout, it reminds me of "brained by falling masonry".

Who is that guy next to Kanye?

Paul McCartney is an English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He gained worldwide fame as the bass guitarist and singer for the rock band the Beatles, widely considered the most popular and influential group in the history of pop music. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon was the most successful of the post-war era.[2] After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine. is an English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He gained worldwide fame as the bass guitarist and singer for the rock band the Beatles, widely considered the most popular and influential group in the history of pop music. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon was the most successful of the post-war era. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine.

McCartney is one of the most successful composers and performers of all time. More than 2,200 artists have covered his Beatles song "Yesterday", making it one of the most covered songs in popular music history. Wings' 1977 release "Mull of Kintyre" is one of the all-time best-selling singles in the UK. A two-time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of the Beatles in 1988, and as a solo artist in 1999), and an 18-time Grammy Award winner, McCartney has written, or co-written, 32 songs that have reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and as of 2009 he has 25.5 million RIAA-certified units in the United States. McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and Starr all received appointment as Members of the Order of the British Empire in 1965 and, in 1997, McCartney was knighted for services to music. McCartney is also one of the wealthiest musicians in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$1.2 billion.

please be joking

Archy looks shitfaced

>“David and I didn’t actually meet until I first went back to New York, after I’d done Patti [Smith]. When we did that bootleg, it was like the good old bad old days. We were partying very hard. It was exciting working with him, as there were a lot of possibilities and everything, but we were our own worst enemies at that point.”

>“We also played that show for Steve Reich and Philip Glass. That was a lot of fun. That was when we were hanging out, so I asked David if he’d like to come and play Sabotage with me. I ended up teaching him the viola part, which he had a whack at and then ended up playing on stage for the first time.”

>“Did I ever want to produce Bowie? After spending time with him, I realised the answer was no. The way we were then would have made it too dangerous. Nowadays it would be different, though. He could improvise songs very well, which was what that bootleg was all about. The great thing about when we met and then started hanging out in the ’70s was that he would say [puts on thick Welsh accent] “That’s Dai Jones from Wales, isn’t it?” He loved all that. That set us off. We got along really well, but most of what we were doing was just partying.”

youtube.com/watch?v=MU0cRVr4EsE
youtube.com/watch?v=8GEb_RCkVPQ

Not that weird but w/e

p cool

youtube.com/watch?v=wSxuW6sNhCA
youtube.com/watch?v=tx5MyeMlch4

>youtube.com/watch?v=wSxuW6sNhCA

cute
youtube.com/watch?v=QtGQP3ZYq9M

This is probably the worst photograph of Bowie in existence.

Boredoms were down with the American rock bands of the time, they had a collab album with Ween as well.

2patrish4u

Bowie was also apparently a fan of Grandaddy and apparently just straight up went to one of their shows one time

>Jason Lytle of indie space-rock band Grandaddy recalls a night in the early 2000s when the band was powering onto bigger and bigger stages. A rumor was going around that Bowie was a fan. Lytle wasn’t buying it. Then came the show in New York where Bowie was in the audience.

>“I had other people tell me this: he was singing choruses and calling out names of songs, like a fan requesting songs. He ends up backstage. And he was so normal and so sweet. And he knew names of the band members; he’d done his research already and was talking to individual people. I was trying not to get too freaked out about this.”

opb.org/artsandlife/article/portland-musicians-remember-david-bowie/

I swear I hate my generation

interesting, didn't know about this one. He liked Tricky as well

moon-palace.de/tricky/q95.html

Only 1 left

Who are these people

surprisingly unfunny filename

is the guy in the middle jim carrey as the mask

This one's more surprising

i wonder if cash knew who he was

Corgan is the only good one there

ok billy

Grandaddy was poor man's Mercury Rev

Go back to being dead Lou

:(

What bothers me about this picture is that you have the most stylish band and the most stylish artist and they all look pretty shit except maybe DK

Everyone have a photo with Bowie or what?

Bowie is omnipresent

This is actually really badass

thank you for your hot take on an image everyone laughs at

I have a photo of mozart with bach somewhere

Oh dear oh dear

Birds of a feather

Bowie has a photo with everyone, rather.

Whos on the right?

Oh shittttt

Mos Def

why does johnny cash look so fucking creepy here

here, have this one with Tricky. Bowie did a eulogy for him moon-palace.de/tricky/q95.html

>David Bowie once called you "a shaman that had never slept with The Others, who's still pure"

>What's funny about David Bowie, right … I've never been a fan, I was into the Specials. But when he wrote that thing about me, I thought this guy should write a book, not make music. Cos he writes incredible.

Is the Martina in that article Martina Topley-Bird? I figure it is. Interesting piece, and he's right about Tricky. Not the biggest fan of his music (although I love MA and Maxinquaye) but the man is an uncompromising artist and I respect that.

> Martina Topley-Bird
I always assumed so.

>but the man is an uncompromising artist and I respect that.
I agree, I wasn't a Tricky fan, I discovered Maxinquaye through Bowie. I think he was talking about him and PJ Harvey in one of the 1. Outside promotion interviews, so I guess both artists did have some sort of influence in his songwriting. There was this article that Bowie did, in which he interviews his younger self, definitely read that one if you like Bowie.
angelfire.com/la2/bitingfae/bowienbowie.html

this makes me happy

>meetings

I only see good ol Macca wtf dude

J

iggy pop

>you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

I will, thanks.

>angelfire

Holy shit, that takes me back.

Wasn't Frank Sinatra a Billy Idol fan?

>a shaman that had never slept with The Others
the hell does that mean

heh it does, I could only find similar stuff on fan forums and websites.
watch this is one 'interview'( that I still love), it's comfy I guess
youtube.com/watch?v=cOQAmRLcxzw

ITS NOT A PHASE DAD

What's his father like? I thought he didn't have a father, i read something about his grandma raising him.

why is usama bin laden flying in MJ's private jet...

His dad and mom were poor and just got divorced, and could only afford to raise either him or his sister, so they sent him with his grandparents.

After Rez got sober, he sent his grandpa off on world adventures or took him to shows to get him out of the rustbelt. pic related.

bowie with a mustache is turning me gay t b h

That's cool of Trent

oh shit

Is Pharell a fucking vampire

Manlets don't age.

Also Andrew WK with Current 93

Fun fact, the pic is from the Miami era, so Cocteau Twins were probably recording Garlands at that point. Dont know if they got to share bill thou