I present to you, Trout Mask Replica Discuss

I present to you, Trout Mask Replica youtu.be/xiorncOFpcg Discuss.

good album

Frownland is an amazing choice for an album opener.

great album

his other albums are better and this one gets memed to the stratosphere even though this was beefheart at his most violent and schizophrenic phase where he treated everyone like dogshit and leeched off everybody he knew.

His first album is his best.

imagine being this wrong and stupid, wew

His first album was more structured and pleasant compaired to trout mask replica, and the noisyness of this one is what sets him apart

His first album was not considered "pleasant" by 1967 standards. It was raunchy, loud, weird, and has hard blues riffs that still rip today. Everything done in Trout Mask Replica was just a more extreme version of things The Mothers were already doing in the Garrick Theater in NYC in 67-68. Hipsters and punk kids who completely misunderstand Beefheart in the first place overrate this album completely. His other "avant-garde" albums were much better.

this, lick my decals off baby is clearly his best though

rout ask eplica

Why is everybody spamming this all of a sudden? Is it because Vox did that video on it and now people have listened to it for the first time and are confused?

>all of a sudden
This albums been spammed here for years dog

The last 2 weeks or so theres like 10 posts every fucking day

Like all things brother, it comes in waves

But yeah probably that awful vox video

thax for presenting this near half century old album

I don't think the video itself was bad, the title was fucking stupid though. And the fact that they only talked about one song of 2 minutes on an 80 minute album.

I listened to it because of the vox video for the first time in like two years and it actually made sense now. I'm responsible for one of the threads in the last two weeks so yes

I also watched the vox vid

Yeah its just really lazy imo. Its like they saw that dudes video and then read a bit of the caps wiki page

>it's a masterpiece because it's shitty on purpose
Artfags in a nutshell.

>it sounds shitty in the first place

Honestly the rest of the album besides Frownland is really boring.

>Plebian
Trout Mask Replica

>Contrarian
Safe As Milk

>Patrician
It Comes To You In A Plain Brown Wrapper

Hopefully it gets more people watching Andreyev, at least

Frownland isn't even top 10 material

I have never been more angry at music than this album. I do not like it friendo

I really hated it at first two but it grew on me. Listen to Safe as Milk first then Mirror Man if necessary.

>SaM
>contrarian

wut

>I only enjoyed this album after having watched a video explain it to me

delet this pic

I don't know just needed to fit the meme template yknow