Can an artist mature as a person and make worse music,or lose their fan base as a result?

Can an artist mature as a person and make worse music,or lose their fan base as a result?
pic related,in his prime seemed to be making music for 13 year olds. When he tries to be more personal or ambitious, it's pretty much universally disliked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yRqv7qRTcY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eminem is the Dustin Diamond of rap.

what, a prick?

>he makes music for 13 year olds
Ooo edgy post OP you sure do sound like a 13 yo

Because the 13 year olds that thought he was cool back then grew up and realize he's shit

I just mean that even at his best eminem's lyrics were flawed by a kind of juvenile anger, ridiculous depictions of violence, ect ect. Comparitively his new track should be a welcome evolution, but it ends up being a joke

t. 13 year old

Eminem in his prime was really self consciouslessly immature, but idk if I would say he's "making music for 13 year olds," per se. I still find a lot of his old music a pretty fun and entertaining listen, and honestly, a lot of his flows were fucking great. It just turns out that "recovering drug addict Eminem" doesn't make music with the same entertainment value as "constantly high angsty Eminem"

He's shit now because of that awkward off-beat flow he does in every song. He lost it. He should get back to drugs.

it can happen. some fans just want to typecast their favorite artists into one genre. that can be detrimental too because then the act can get old. so its best for the artist to struggle for a bit to try to find their new sound for a bit to make sure they don't get locked as an artist who can only do one thing.

Yeah, I personally have never been able to dig even his stuff that is rated highly,but i do see the appeal - it is interesting though that a guy that could articulate himself and make such interesting music so well when he was younger, would lose that spark with a new perspective and some more thoughtfulness.

Yea remember her?

IMO, Em's problem is that he lost the playfulness that was on his earlier albums as he got older. His early stuff was juvenile, but he was self-aware enough for it to be funny. Now it's all dead serious pop-rap anthems with pianos and features by a well-known pop starlet. Seriously, drop the fucking anthems.

he does seem to have started just choosing awful beats over the past few years,yeah?

he used to be able to make emotional songs that were good. now he can't.

i dunno what to think of Kozelek's latest music compared to his old stuff

em's still got it
youtube.com/watch?v=yRqv7qRTcY4
you are all just fags who feel ashamed when you play his music but get judged by the friends you think you have

Looking back he really was good ,he’s total shit now though

he sucks now. his lyrics are wack and not clever any more.
he should honestly just stop.

>Universally disliked
>Listening to mainstream opinions
Wow op, out yourself much?

His mature music comes off lame and preachy, not to mention dull in comparison to his earlier work when he was fun and didn't seem to give a fuck.His edginess wore off when he grew up.

would it be just as bad if he was still whiny and angsty tho? that shit only works when ur young

Anyone who truly grew up grew out of rap and has not moved on from white trash to a nigger

>"I'm terrified to let you down"

What did Eminem mean by that?

uh... mark kozelek continues to be really good