Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vintageguitar.com/15997/kurt-hendrick/
clyp.it/s1lzlmvz
55chan.org/mu/src/1510664969348.ogg
reverb.com/item/5678268-suhr-2015-collection-standard-flame-maple-natural-217?gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKBfTGRZQGWCS18T2MvifgNGI_elV4l8XoP7Ri1lWu2M28GMESrDpJhoCWOQQAvD_BwE&pla=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I first started playing, I learned a bunch of easy pop punk songs because my friends were in bands and that was what they played and I wanted to be in a band too. After a while I got into more technical music (i.e. more riff/groove-oriented music with solos) so I learned how to play the blues scale and make riffs and solos out of minor pentatonics. So that led me to my first band which was a kind of indie/blues rock thing. After a while longer I got into '80s shred guitar guys so I taught myself some classical-sounding scales and sweep picking and all that shit. "Metalcore" was kind of at its peak popularity at the time so I was invited to join a local technical death metal band since I had the skill set to play that kind of music. When I started college I was surrounded by jazz studies majors so I picked up some jazz theory and did some intensive music theory studying in general; I also really got into The Mars Volta and I wanted to write and perform similarly energetic technical prog rock. After a few years of random improv/jazz/funk gigs at bars in my city I responded to a CL ad for a prog band seeking a guitarist and I've been with that group for two years. We've written new music, recorded, and gigged extensively since then.

So I guess my point is that I was always developing the skill set for the music I wanted to do at any given time. You need to do that constantly as a musician in order to have any sort of success with whatever it is you're into. And don't be afraid to reach out to people who share your influences/inspirations.

Allegedly, a guitar designed by SRV himself. I haven't found much info it. (Yes, I'm ignoring the elephant in this post.)

So, you have to have friends who play instruments to start a band.

I mean, you need to know people who play instruments, idk if they necessarily need to be your "friends". I didn't know any of the guys in my current band before I joined, I just figured that having some common musical ground would be a good starting point for creating music together and friendships would work themselves out. Pretty much what ended up happening.

you're being baited dude

Garage Band for recording/mixing on MacBook or Air? I'll probably go PC laptop again (with SSD) but any advantage to Apple in general?

It's a Kurt Hendrick Generator Curved

vintageguitar.com/15997/kurt-hendrick/

Thanks. You really have to be Billy Gibbons to rock these designs effectively.

What can I get if I want a usable Jazzmaster that actually sounds like a single coil Jazzmaster?

buy any jazzmaster, replace bridge with staytrem or mastery

Billy Gibbons looks good with any guitar.

I am going to New York next week. I want to check some used Fender-type guitars. Is there any good place to go in Manhattan?

Carmine Street Guitars if you want to try some handmade boutique stuff by Rick Kelly. You definitely have to go here.

Rudy's is good for random high quality stuff. 30th street guitars too.

I'm curious as to who this is supposed to be. Is it the guy with the yellow taxicab hollowbody?

just post his full name as well already

Who's full name?

you know

How do I stop having only two-chord chord progressions? Please don't say look at the circle of fifths.

Do I?

Look at the major scale, learn your intervals.

Well, I suppose you do. ya cheeki fucker ;)

LISTEN TO MY AWESOME BASS SOLO
clyp.it/s1lzlmvz

Just do a ii V I

Oi

lawl I'm gonna call you guys tommorow

Put a 3rd chord in there

Thoughts on Music Man guitars?

okay, I'll try to actually help: What's keeping you from adding more chords that are in key ? Do you have problems figuring out which chord should come after which ?

I don't like their shitty logo on the headstock
nonetheless, they're legendary guitars, excepting a couple of new models, which are cringeworthy

All the coolest dads (and apparently moms) play them.

I wish this meme would die

What's a good and slim expression pedal? Looking for 2 side by side.

>bass

Post proof guitar is being phased out by computers

Pic related.

>shitty logo on the headstock
I just hate that headstock.

kek

my name is not Samuel

>I'm tempted to buy ANOTHER meme guitar but in a different color
Oh boy. It's only $500 bucko's and it's a discontinued model. Should I?

>mexicano
>gas
something does not compute are you member of the DF cartel?

I just have a job.

Fuck off macross.
Im pretty sure this is bait but why a syn model? Didnt you already have one? Ive tried a custom made one. They arent that special. Just real solid. Look into expensive charvels instead. Better necks

>A good Charvel for $500
No.
>lol its shit jus play what i play bro
No.

It's discontinued, I ain't letting this one pass. I just hope the guy still has it, waiting for him to reply on Whatsapp.

I dont play a charvel tho. All im saying is i dont think those models are worth anything past the hardware. But 500 aint bad for a good floyd 2 invader pickups and wood. You can do as you like with your money. Just seems like an impulsive purchase.

How should I train barre chords? I've been practicing Tárrega's Estudio en mi minor for about a week and I can already play everything quite well but it seems like I haven't improved in the barre chord at all.

Here's the barre in tab
e|-5--------3--------2-------|
B|----4--------4--------4----|
G|-------2--------2--------2-|
D|---------------------------|
A|-2-------------------------|
E|---------------------------|

My pinky turns inward quite much so it's difficult to bar the 2nd and fret the 5th fret at the same time.

>Just seems like an impulsive purchase
It is, the words "I want it because it's discontinued" should make it obvious.

Super wide neck Teleproject is done.

I like some of them and hate all the other ones.

lemme guess, you like petrucci signature ones

No, I like the more vintage ones like the Cutlass and the Albert Lee and hate the JP models, especially the Majesty.

If the Armada and a separate volume and tone pot for each pickup I'd probably buy one.

>Super wide neck Tele
For what purpose

Fingerpicking and because I like the feel of it.

yeah, majesty is bad, but they're famous for their JP series anyway

Ay mi negro, do it.
I think Avenged is hot topic cringe tier but I love gaudy guitars.
>tfw not the only mexicANO in this thread
I thought guitars were dead in mexico, everyone is just playing pretend dj, indie bands are shit, metal is moreno de tianguis tier, etc.

Holy fuck it's so ugly. Why would you buy this?

>tfw not the only mexicANO in this thread
Are you new? I've been shitposting for more than a year and a half.
[spoiler]De donde eres hijo de tu puta madre[/spoiler]

Because I already have one, and I literally cannot/will not stop sucking Schecter's cock.

I used to come more often before, now barely never.
[spoiler]gdl[/spoiler]
That's a lot of guitars man.

So why buy two of the same shitty guitar?

what's that lp?

now show me your amp and cab

amps > guitars

>now show me your amp and cab
lol do u think im bill gates or sumting m8?
Used to have a Marshall Valvestate 80 but this shitty place is too noisy to mic an amp to record. Not even acoustic foam helps because my window is on the wall that faces the street.
I just use Bias FX because I just have to plug the guitar to my interface, don't care if you call me a shill.

Que asco, hay muchos putos allá.

Nothing you would play because /gg/ only plays AMERICAN™ MADE instruments.
(Chinese knock off from like 2007 with upgraded hardware and Chrome EMGs.)

Is MIM tele thinline deluxe any good? It has pretty good specs on paper.

>hinese knock off from like 2007 with upgraded hardware and Chrome EMGs
looks better than gibson t b h

How can one person alone have so many shitty guitars?

HAhaha translate JAjaja

even the macaco have better amps

The real tragedy here isn't the amount of shitty guitars but the fact that he could've bought a really nice guitar for the price of those guitars.

Mexicans sold their sisters to Taco places to buy cheap edgy guitars.

Thanks mate, it's actually the guitar I'm most attached to, other than the Schecter (Because that one was expensive as fucking shit).

And I'm only 20 years old. More guitars to come in the following years.
I never sell anything I buy, that's why I have so many while you fags always sell your current guitar just so you can get a new one.

Once I was just about to get a JVM 205h but I was like $250 short so I had to leave and save a little more. It was gone the next time I visited that store. I'm still sad about it.

>he dosn't know about our resident autist roamy
plebe

Or if you wanna be really cool a ii vi v i

Ah fuck I conveniently didn't read the word "shitty".
Well I enjoy having shit taste, what the hell do you play anyways?

>using bias when gear-s 2 exists
kek get your shit together.

Current mainguitar is pic-related. MIJ Washburn Raven from 1980.
I've also got an old mexican stratocaster with gold lace sencors, but I'm currently fixing it (usually my main).
Also got a shitty Cort westernguitar and a MIJ 1983 Squier Bullet Bass.

Forgot to mention that I'm soon going to get myself a vomitcaster

go higher on the fretboard and train there. You should not be overstretching your fingers.

>Washburn Raven
>A literal circle with two little horns
And you dare calling my Schecter a shitty guitar?
I hope your Tele is 7 string or at least HH or you're unredeemable.

Woah you really got me there, man

Suck my dick, faggots

Just to be clear this is not me but it's exactly what I would've posted

fuck i did it wrong

I love me some nice dick

-
55chan.org/mu/src/1510664969348.ogg

cum geet sum nibbles

Guitarists are hopeless and never ask the right questions. The kind of miserable cucks who transcribe solos.

i dont transcribe solos lol i cant even write or read music

em se7ens woke nickles

Are Gibson SGs a meme? I want something light weight with 2 humbuckers & 22 frets.

They're garbage. Gibson has sucked the past 2 years. Dont buy their products

guitars are a meme bro

Hey guys is this worth it?
reverb.com/item/5678268-suhr-2015-collection-standard-flame-maple-natural-217?gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKBfTGRZQGWCS18T2MvifgNGI_elV4l8XoP7Ri1lWu2M28GMESrDpJhoCWOQQAvD_BwE&pla=1

It's pretty good. I have a similar one and my friends also have several. They are keepers.

That's an ugly guitar.

I absolutely love Suhr, I will buy one, when I save enough money. So yes, I think it's worth it, but I am kind of a fanboy. Alternatively, order a custom one, this one costs as much as a top tier custom one, so think about that.

>t.faggor idort

that is just awful.