You've never been to a concert

>You've never been to a concert
they're not that great, right?

I don't like live music
>this kills the Sup Forums

that's bizarre as fuck to me but i have older family members who didn't go a show until they were 50+

user I got some bad news...
...Its pretty fuckin dank

I went to a couple of college concerts but maybe people don't count those

>tfw went to a dg concert a few days ago

You poor soul

it's nice unless youre like me and get exhausted from standing still for hours

inb4 fat, 192cm 77kg

I've never been to one either. I don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot. I don't have friends and I don't like large crowds. I'd just be lonely and annoyed.

never bee n to a festival , but i like club gigs

>tfw going to see Mogwai in a few days
Noice

This, plus if you go alone it’s def not as fun as with friends.

I haven't been to that many but they're great. A great diversion with which to while away our meaningless lives. blogposty mcgee:

Standing still is not a thing that you do at conventional, normie-tier concerts. If you are standing still at a concert then either the musician is doing it wrong, or you are doing it wrong. Exceptions may include live ambient/drone/weird shit performances but even then the artist is hoping to elicit an emotional reaction of some kind from the crowd.

I saw Zakir Hussain for my last one, like six months ago. Like every tenth Indian in the city came out to that one and they were bending the instruments in these funky ways, and I was reaaaly into it. A woman next to me who clearly had a better understanding of the musical forms seemed to understand that I was emoting at the "right beats", and toward the end, leaned over to me: "isn't that beautiful?" I just mm-hmm'd.

Drove to Chicago for an Autechre show just about two years ago. Great times.

I saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor on the very night that we invaded Iraq and I have the ticket to prove it.

The best live show that I ever saw was Squarepusher. Everyone was dancing and these fratboy dudebros were up front, then Tom holds forth on his slap bass and laptop and these guys had no idea what they were getting into but they were hooting constantly and loving it: "this guy is fucking CRAZY!" I saw Autechre (first lifetime show) in the same little room; in the adjacent much larger room I saw DJ Shadow with his rap collective at the time; about five years later, a very enjoyable Deadmau5 show (fuck you I liked it). Getting out of the show, I hustled a line of people for a cigarette, receiving one from a girl.

Concerts are fun.

I just found out that GY!BE is playing in my area soon thanks for reminding me user

>living in town not important enough for major artists to come
>no friends interested in music with a car

They're pretty fucking great desu.
Imagine you put on your favorite song in the school cafeteria and everybody starts jamming to it.

going with friends is only fun before and after the concert for me. during the concert i prefer to be on my own, and if friends are there i don't usually talk to them beside maybe a sentence or two at most in between songs

When I went to see Slowdive the venue had actual seats in the back which was very nice. I got the benefits of resting while still being bombarded by loud as fuck guitar walls. The people standing in front might as well have been sitting though, but who moshes to Slowdive anyway

Ive been to quite a few concerts and with a few exceptions they are always a let down, but all my normie friends disagree.
The exceptions are Clutch, Patrick Sweany, and Jeff the Brotherhood. Most of the time its just not as fun as you think it should be. Clutch will always be great live though, and Sweany is amazing to watch perform.

>go to a concert 6 hours early
>get the best spot in the venue and got to meet the frontman of the band before the show

They're pretty great.

Here is a gif version of that for you, friend

I don't go to a lot of concerts. Engineering major at big ass state school, working 3 days a week and night class 2 days a week. Even if I wanted to go to concerts I don't have the time. Don't feel bad, friend. If you want to go to a concert with a broad appeal, I heard from a couple friends that RTJ is a shitload of fun.

been to see several of my favourite bands live and uh
it's always the bands you don't care about that end up putting on a better show
that said it's still just not a great time

It's quite nice if it's a smaller artist. The venue is smaller and it's a lot more intimate. Being able to watch someone perform as they are, and being surrounding by people that enjoy it is pretty fun. You don't have to have friends either, connecting with the artist is enough a lot of the time. Don't be afraid to go along with the crowd or stand out, people are just there to enjoy themselves (don't be afraid to dance!). There's a certain live rawness you can't get from a video recording, the feel of the concert is way different than from what you see on youtube.

>tfw go to concert with friends and im always just head nodding standing still while my friends are dancing
I just don't dance to music

live shows by good bands are amazing

I've been to a few and don't really get the appeal, fucks your ears up even with plugs and always full of drunk assholes

>only been to one concert and it was great
>live in a country where the music I like is dead and artists from other country rarely come
I will pay!! But I can't go to another country for 2 hours of show... pls come

You're going to the wrong concerts

>been to see several of my favourite bands live and uh
>it's always the bands you don't care about that end up putting on a better show
That's cause you have shit taste.

>never been to a concert before
>got tickets to see Tera Melos last week
>tfw was less than a feet away from the bassist

Honestly if its a band you really like, you're missing out and I highly recommend going to one of their concerts when they pass close to your hometown

very cute

if I lived in the US I'd go to a math rock show every fucking weekend

>tfw want to buy godspeed ticket but too broke
it hurts

Like a lot of things, it's great if you're drunk, but if you're not it's the worst.

why?
i know a ton of people who say this but then never really try. it’s obviously kind of awkward at first but once you get into it it can be fun

I think the "concert experience" is overrated, but seeing your favorite musicians live is something you should try at least once. Even when I go alone I leave with one or two good memories.

>go in the middle of winter
>jackets because its fucking freezing
>get inside and its hot as shit

I fucking hate winter concerts so goddamn much. Sweating bullets and carrying a jacket in a show is fucked

>tfw seeing Godspeed, Tim Hecker, Andy Stott, and Gas in December

>see band live
>suddenly stop listening to them altogether

Anyone else? Seeing them live feels like closing the book on the band once and for all its weird

they're great
especially if you can drink

Live music generally sucks. Exceptions would be jazz ensemble or full orchestra, which almost have to be experienced live. Any pop/rock concert though? Jammed like sardines, breathing everyone else's marijuana smoke, getting drinks spilled on you, staring through 500 people's iPhones to see the stage, and listening to a muddy mix with the bass so completely fucking blown out that you can't hear anything else but the snare and cymbals. Oh, and the shitty all-bass mix is at 160 dB so you get permanent hearing damage too. Fun!

Is 170cm too short to go to a concert

depends on the band and depends on the venue
i love music but dont really like concerts to be honest
and i only dislike them because of the people and the ordeal of going and standing around.

Not if you're seeing an artist with a beta manlet fanbase.

>be 6'7"
>get to concert 6 hours early with my 6'3" friend
>front row
>bitches always ask for our spot

What makes you think you're entitled to my spot just because you're short? I got here early. You could've stood behind anyone but me. As long as you don't ask for someone's spot, you'll be fine.

>not giving them your spot and then spending the rest of the show looking over the top of their head with your dick in their back

I've done that before at a Ghost concert, but they were already in front of us. I ain't giving up my spot for some fat spiteful bitch though who was bitching about me during the whole opening set.

I went to a Jason Aldean concert about a month ago, it was pretty exciting

Sounds like you are developing a case hemeroids and acute foreveralone.

Yeah granted the mix will almost always be shit and smartphone filming is especially annoying when 8 in 10 people do it but that
s not the point. Your 100% personal comfort is not the most important thing 24/7. See your local bands, support your favorite band when it comes to town, they don't get shit from t-shirt sales, streaming or even album sales nowadays.

Ask them suck your 6" for the spot for maximum concert enjoyment.

/R9K/, GO AWAY! /R9K/, GO AWAY!

>tfw King Crimson tomorrow night

Accepting trash because you want to be charitable to the artist is stupid. You can just send a check to their business manager if that's all you're getting out of the show. It's more to do with the venues themselves and the idiotic "scenes" ruining the experience. I wouldn't go see a movie under the same conditions, I wouldn't eat a meal under the same conditions. High brow music isn't played under the same conditions. But because it's rock and roll we're supposed to act like uncouth animals and accept shitty technical standards because it's somehow "authentic" or something. Fuck that noise.

Kek I made that exact joke to my friend after the show

>and the idiotic "scenes" ruining the experience
this desu. hell is other other people.

Make a little vacation out of it and take a train/bus for your favorite band

Or a plane, obviously

I saw my first live show this year, it was a really intimate gig in a bar by Toh Kay.

Absolutely incredible, way better than his recorded stuff.