Doctor Who General - /Who/

Run Edition.

New Golden Age:

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-due-major-shake-9254797

Other urls found in this thread:

savethecat.com/todays-blog/when-fear-is-primal-its-powerful-a-case-study-of-doctor-who
bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/official-peter-capaldi-to-step-down-in-epic-weeping-angel-two-parter
youtube.com/watch?v=boOG4pUR83Q
amazon.co.uk/Nth-DOCTOR-Jean-Marc-Lofficier/dp/0595276199
fuckyeahroseloveddrugs.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>new golden age

that's called a renaissance you fag

You know all this means is that they're going to be shovelling more diversity down our throats. It's just going to get worse than it is now, which seems impossible but trust me they'll manage it.

This is your prescribed reading for today:
savethecat.com/todays-blog/when-fear-is-primal-its-powerful-a-case-study-of-doctor-who

Discuss

But that sounds shitty as fuck
Could it just be a Mirror """rumour"""?
As much as I love capaldi it's sounding like the best thing he could do is leave with moff so chinball can't fuck up his end

Woodlice, snake under a river.

Just end it now.

Moffat lately said that he was at the meeting and they planned the next 5 years for Doctor Who.

>In Save the Cat!®, Blake Snyder wrote that for a story to be powerful and connect with the audience, it must be primal. “It’s because primal urges get our attention,” he wrote. “Survival, hunger, sex, protection of loved ones, fear of death grab us.”
Already dropped desu.

I fail to see the problem in what you quoted tbqh

Stories can be powerful and connect with people on an intellectual level.

bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/official-peter-capaldi-to-step-down-in-epic-weeping-angel-two-parter

It's official

>emoji robots that turn people to skeletons

>return to the Tennant era style relationships

Dr Who is dead, lads. It's over.

You're forgetting the giant woodlice

The emoji robot episode is Cottrel-Boyce's episode right?
If we're lucky we can write that off as the mandatory "shit" episode of S10 while the rest still has potential

What they are doing is because they have given up on detailed stories and are evading world building. This method of writing is just picking a gimmick or tag for each 45 mins and then doing a standard runaround.

Has Class officially been axed yet? I want to know whether it's worth catching up with.

Is it still on? No one gives a fuck about it from what i see.

>67,000 viewers

Don't foget the big snakey thames snaky monster snake!

Or the evil puddles from episode 1 that we're not meant to know about yet!

JUST

This is sounding like a shitfest.

Killer Puddles, A snake, Killer Emoji Bots, GIANT FUCKING WOODLICE? let's hope the other 8 episodes are okay.

>who are you
>i'm the doctor
>doctor who?
>doctor dindu

don't worry, episode 5 and 6 have CYBERMEN!

They are still going to air the rest of course but I don't know that it'll be getting another season

Is it even airing on TV or still just online? It's like they don't even fucking care. Why fund a show like this then not even TRY and market it?

They said it would be on TV but i'm yet to see it actually on TV

And even that will only be good if it's Mondas and the original cybermen. If it's the pete world/ Hybrid ones i'm out.

>they throw in all generations of cibbers like they did with daleks in TMA/TWF

How would you feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=boOG4pUR83Q

Is this canon?

>nardole

no. it will all be shit. there's no potential. we will never have another series like s9 or the wiles era

Why do you assume that? Cottrell-Boyce is interested in saints and mystical visions and the post-punk scene in 80s Manchester, why would he give a fuck about emojis? That's much more of a Moffat thing - he's all about technology and communication and language.

good, i support of a fiona o'shaughnessy lady doctor

Nardole is just in the premiere r-right? He's not a full term companion right?

Cotrell did ITFOTN

Ah yes, ITFOTN, that robot- and emoji-filled trainwreck.

It was a childish trainwreck
Emoji robots evokes a similar childish feeling even if it's not 'magical forest'

Plans can change

they must be really scared of what will happen after moff's gone

>mfw its used in something that references a Gareth episode so yes

hey I stopped watching last season, because i didnt' want to watch this one if the companion was a fat man (you guys said he might be) as fat people disgust me deeply. so is the professor's companion a piggy boy? tha nk you kindly

fuck off ace

>Merchandising has dropped off sharply in recent years
Gee maybe because the figures are now an inch shorter and look like dogshit. Or because they stopped making actual good playsets and just promote fucking funko pops on facebook and twitter .

who? I'm not ace, that's not even a name

Is this work of pure kino canon?

You ate all the pies

>script by Cheers and Lance Parkin
yep

>fiona o'shaughnessy
NO! if we're getting an Irish Doctor pls let it be a man first! i've been watching since baker and always wanted an Irish man (not woman) in the role.

Also, by the time BBCAmerica broadcasts it, anyone interested will have seen it via other means.

>WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON
>AND ON YTGLAIB AL;DIBUALNF WE GONNA
>WE GONNA, WE GONNA WIN DASFLYBEDKSAWPBS AYY AYY AYY
What did they mean by this?

I support of a black Irish female Doctor.

I volunteer

Confess: I've never seen Torchwood seasons 1 & 2 (altho have seen Children of Earth and Miracle Day).

What are Chinball's TW eps like? Any good?

hit and big misses. Countrycide is GOAT, Cyberwoman is shit

Countrycide was also shit. The best Chibnall Torchwood episodes are merely okay.

OK thanks, I'm thinking of watching them just to get a 'feel' of what Chinball's Who will be like.

Have to say, I've not been a fan of the Who eps he's written so far, but am prepared to give him a chance. Most of my favorite Who eps have been written by Moffat, but am aware this is contrarian.

People never talk about his series two scripts
Really, watch Adrift or Fragments or Exit Wounds. Fucking awesome

Oh yes! Those are fantastic!

negga please

He was basically running showrunner duties there, I think, so you better watch it all.

On the other hand, it's marred by unreasonable amount of edge.

>Doctor in flower dress

There was a podcast a whilw ago where Jon Bum talks to Sandifer about it for half an hour when they were meant to be doing Sherlock. Apparently none of the writers have got paid to this day.

Next Doctor should be American, me thinks. I think there should be a few American doctors it will help globalize the show and it will become more popular.

You're kidding....I hope? The show's British-ness is a big factor of it's continuing popularity.

It's as much American as it is British, Tom Baker was hugely popular in the US and thanks to us Americans the show is still around today albeit rebooted. So an American Doctor is not asking for too much. Cause I see all this talk about people wanting an Irish actor in the role, but the Irish haven't contributed to Doctor who and are too culturally dissimilar from the culture of Britain for it to work. The east coast american culture would work better and more smoothly imo.

Fire up the crystals Cardinal

(please tell somebody got that)

I don't particularly have anything against casting an American actor, but your reasoning is incredibly fucking stupid.

They're being cast as a alien. The culture of the actor is not relevant.

I don't get it.

I'm quoting from a series bible written in the 90s for the proposed american Doctor Who series, the whole thing has an account in the book "The Nth Doctor", which had a lot of other abandoned U.S spec film treatments

Is it online?

Culture is important. The Doctor may be an Alien but his whole persona and character is based on someone from the British isles. Whether is England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland. Americans barely understand British humour let alone the culture.

I support of an Australian Dr Who.
Bakers make the best Dr Whos.

An e-book version exists, but has been criticised for it's grammar

amazon.co.uk/Nth-DOCTOR-Jean-Marc-Lofficier/dp/0595276199

Less than.

It has its own problems, but might be worth a try either way.

>watch class episode 5
>a 16/17 year old girl defeats an alien warlord in a swordfight

I really fucking hate Shadow Kin.

DINNER TIMEEEEEEEEEE

Does anybody remember that theory about the doctors regenerations?

It accounted for all those 'pre-doctor' incarnations from Brain of Morbius, I think using the watcher somehow? It accounted for all the way up to Capaldi

I thought people just wrote them off as possible future incarnations of the Doctor

I think they're generally regarded as the previous incarnations of Morbius, which fits and is what I think they are, it's just I remembered this theory and couldn't remember exactly how they worked it out

>Ram saying Lord of the Rings was an old film his dad watches
>films were released only 15 years ago
>Ram is played by a guy who looks 25

Only thing stupider would be April calling The Avengers obscure cinema or something.

But yeah, put me in too for thinking the Shadow Kin are shitty villains.

I could chalk it up to Ram being too cool for nerd shit, but they could've gone with something older or more obscure.

I thought the characters they are playing are supposed to be 15/16.

hey so apparently there's a screening of the animated Power of The Daleks at my local theatre and I'm heading out fairly soon to catch it

>Americans barely understand British humour let alone the culture.
that or you're just very thick

Englishmen, like women, are simply not funny.

they tried an older man for the doctor. They'll now retreat to their 'safe' option. what's the point.

If you accept those faces as the Doctor's own, it makes Davison the last Doctor. Now check out who wrote Morbius and Androzani ;) brings a whole new layer to the Fifth Doctor believing he's dying for reals.

American humour is fucking dumb. You guys laugh at absolutely anything, even nothing. Your 'comedians' don't even have to make jokes for you to fall about crying. It's probably why James Corden caught on over there.

also those comments are cancer

30k normies want Eddie Raygay as the Doctor.

didn't ask

Female Doctor with female love interest incoming.

hmm?

*cough* Benny Hill *cough*

fuckyeahroseloveddrugs.tumblr.com/

Well, he is pretty much a bargain-bin Eleventh Doctor.

What's wrong with his face? I originally thought it was because he was playing Stephen Hawking.