What types of music fan do you think are the worst,Sup Forums?

what types of music fan do you think are the worst,Sup Forums?
are there any specific opinions that really just annoy the fuck out of you?

rockists

Punk fans thinking their shitty little music is just so meaningful and has really made a SERIOUS impact on music as a whole has always annoyed the shit out of me.

hip hop heads

mumble rap listeners, even as someone who likes some of the music

How limited do you think punk's influence has been?

memesters under 26 who are into rap and hiphop flouncing around in SUPREME shirts and beanies

Me. I'm the fucking worst.
I would hate to be around me.

the fans that just meme the band to the point where they're only relevant because they're a meme in their eyes

any teenage or young adult boy listening to sad rap all day. i can't believe i thought the emo kids were bad

People who listen to music critics, white rap fans, people who listen to political music.

>people who listen to political music
Why is that a problem?

Folk Punk

musical fans

/thread

people who think greenday is the best band of all time

Every single one of you are the worst. Nah the worst people on here are the pompous types who think their taste is amazing because it's obscure. For them, music is a fashion statement rather than something to be enjoyed.

Death Grips fans

They're a fucking meme band with meme fans that has long gone past their best before date

Kanye stans. Dude has a lot of good stuff, but holy shit, quit doing mental gymnastics to paint everything he does as a masterpiece.

As long as a person can articulate themselves properly when making a statement I don't really care.
If someone doesn't care enough to make a statement that's fine.
If someone makes wild, baseless statements about music and when called on those statements takes an aggressive stance and refuses to engage in a discussion then they are a toxic bellend.
Same thing with any other topoc, too.

Yeah this. Sad rap is fine but the culture surrounding it is the worst music culture of the current generation.

For some "muh taste" is part of growing pains but some people are unironically like that until they die.

These. Even worse when they take it seriously.

I dont think they started out as a meme band but they basically molded into one after the fanbase became as terrible as it is

People who say they like anything, and then instantly contradict such claim whenever something that isn't radio tier comes up.

not user, but there isn't really something wrong with listening to political music. However, what I do think is bad is letting your political views dictate your taste or the bands you allow yourself to like

i dislike "music people" in general to be honest
but they are much more interesting than normals

hip hop / metal / kpop guys are the worst

Nirvana fans that fall for the oft-repeated Geffen marketing team slogans.
You fucking name them.

rockists, metalheads, punks, hip-hop heads, poptimists
basically anyone who thinks one pop music genre has some kind of innate superiority to all others

>basically anyone who thinks one pop music genre has some kind of innate superiority to all others
This. Its childish, and makes one look like an asshole for the sake of being one.

yeah, also i find it's just an incredibly unhealthy relationship with music where you let what you listen to dictate who you are, rather than your personality dictating what you listen to. also the people i've met who are any of those that i've listed always reproduce their biases as a form of objectivity which makes talking about music with them annoying. i will readily admit that i prefer music genres to other but at no point do i ever think these judgements apply beyond myself, or are even final

whatever you can consider Inxy, Brandon and Montie as

music is bad and should not be enjoyed

Do you need someone to talk to, user?

same

nazi punks fuck off

yeah me too

death grips aren't a meme band.
but i do dislike people who listen to them (or anything) as an ironic statement or to be part of an in-joke.

i guess i just don't like insincere people.

>i guess i just don't like insincere people.
this

this

People that listen to shit you find on youtube when you search for "chill"
The music is so devoid of personnality and character

Grimes-fags

But it's good for chilling

Holy shit this has angered me, especially in women and checked

The kind who likes this fag

waifufaggots

haha you mean Sup Forums
were all annoying as fuck

People that their tastes rated and verified by others and music critics.

People that don't bother listening to anything new or old and just stick to what they know.

THIS
holy fuck his lyrics are terrible in his late albums, and hes old albums are starting to get outdated
lets not talk about mbdtf, cant get the appeal of all of the lights shitty lyrics and the boring long blame game, which is just stupid whining with a lazy beat
i mean i enjoy most of kanyes work but his fans overrate everything he does

Sup Forumscore

>is above politicizing music
>hates white people listening to rap
>????
>kys

It's for chilling not mind blowing cathartic drama, user.

>band is bad because fanbase is bad
how long will people keep parroting this shit

normie metalheads
normie pseudosophisticates or sometimes simply sophisticates
"cultured" whites
basically just normals

conscious hip hop crowd
your local hardcore scene

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Musicians that are also jazz fans are quintessentially the worst people on earth, let alone worst music fans.

Nobody gives a fuck about Steely Dan and everything they play hovers around the same BPM. They're the very definition of being technically proficient and horribly bland at the same time

People who think asking Alexandria is "real metal"

most extreme positions on both sides of the "drooling retard who enjoys music only as background noise" vs. "unlikable and insufferable autist" spectrum with regards to things like delving into genres/artists, enjoying music as an academic exercise vs. just as a pleasant diversion, etc.
guess i'm a radical centrist now

People who feel the need to tell me why my taste of music is incorrect and false. I'm all for people trying to introduce me to different artists/genres, but you can't justify the correctness of your taste by shitting on mine.

punk objectively made the biggest and most important impacts on music from 1977-1995. like i don't think there's a single thing in that time frame that influenced the charts and the underground more. hip hop wasn't even near punk in that regard

this

And it still sucks. Punk is childlike music for people who refuse to grow up. It's a symptom of a sick society that values aesthetic qualities of "rebellion" over all things.

>psychedelic is childlike music for people who refuse to grow up. It's a symptom of a sick society that values aesthetic qualities of "rebellion" over all things.

>childlike
what mature music are you listening to?

Let me put it this way; if it's centered around a genre or scene of some kind, you're already going about it wrong. Punk is about acceptance first and foremost. Anybody who says it's not is lying to other people and lying to themselves.

people who use the phrases "entry-level" and "patrician" unironically. like as if they just got enough music experience points that they're gonna be music listening 10th prestige and are gonna tell all their friends the next morning during home room before 1st period

the type who want to be spoonfed all the time. they need to be banned from Sup Forums. there's RYM and reddit if you need that shit

hate the punk aesthetic so much god damn

t. old man

this!

these

and, to a lesser extent:
people who think eminem is the greatest rapper ever
people who think Sup Forumscore is the greatest music ever
people who think led zeppelin is the greatest hard rock band ever
power metal fans
people who listen to meme/ironic rap unironically

fuck you

It's so obvious being liked is very important to those peoples' self-esteem

Classical music douches with their head up their ass that feel like their opinion matters in any way just because they've read Adorno or some other faggot once

i guess these

not an argument. do some work you lazy piece of shit

>everything before Rubber Soul was bad/boy band pop

not everything but the vast majority of it was

People who literally listen to any sound on this planet fucking despise them

>what types of music fan do you think are the worst,Sup Forums?
The answer is at the end of your question.

>enjoys music i don't enjoy

basicly this

The people who disregard/discredit/hate/bash on music "genres"/artists that they don't like.
Basically, close minded fucks who don't appreciate music in any form regardless of "genre" and only defend what they like with blind faith.

I can understand not liking types of music, but that's no reason to hate on it.

No one respects anything anymore.

I dunno about you guys but I really really hate the ones who frogpost on Mu

fucking Sup Forums elitists who take rateyourmusic as a bible and live only to prove to others how "superior" their taste is

Music with vocals.

anyone who does the "music is subjective" or "it's just my opinion" thing to evade any kind of discussion. why post on a music website if you don't want to say or hear anything

I believe music is subjective, however, I would like to be enlightened.

Nice and short, who is objectively better and why?
>The Beatles
>The Rolling Stones

while i agree this is used as an intellectual cop out sometimes i will genuinely be in an argument with someone and the conflict does just come down to whether you personally think something's good or bad. so i think there are justifiable causes for it

>I believe music is subjective
great

>who is objectively better and why?
you missed the point. it's not that one band would be objectively better, it's that people say "music is subjective" to avoid having to think about what makes them enjoy something.

>just come down to whether you personally think something's good or bad
no shit. what I'd like to know is why you have a particular opinion. "it's just my opinion" isn't discussion

>no shit. what I'd like to know is why you have a particular opinion. "it's just my opinion" isn't discussion
oh well then yeah i completely agree with you on that, i guess i just meant sometimes someone either likes something or not and it's a waste of time trying to patiently explain them to 'see the light'

rap and subgenres are probably so bad that they shouldn't be even called music

>i guess i just meant sometimes someone either likes something or not
But why do you like something or not?
>it's a waste of time trying to patiently explain them to 'see the light'
Then stop posting on a music discussion board

Just because I don't like political music doesn't mean have to like white people trying to be niggers.
Go blast some more lil pump fuccboi.

Alright, point taken.

Then how can someone say OBJECTIVELY that one artist is good and another is bad?

What constitutes a good/bad artist?

I don't really understand your obsession with good/bad and better/worse. again, I am talking about people who say "music is subjective" in place of actually explaining why they like something, I am not arguing that there is some kind of objective way of comparing artists (although there are objective elements of music that can be discussed)

I apologize, I do get people not wanting to explain.

But I am trying to understand the objectiveness of it all.

Would you care to elaborate on the elements of music you are referring to?

time signatures, chord progressions, rhythm, melody, timbre, texture etc. at this point I'm sure you know this and are just feigning ignorance for the purpose of bait so I'm going to go ahead and stop talking to you

you dont get it. go back and listen to those first albums

I had a roommate that said that jazz wasn't music. All he listened to was Sabotan.

>But why do you like something or not?
sometimes different people will have different emotional responses to the same set of stimuli. as an example, i might find danny brown's vocal style whiny and thus a distraction to his music but you might find it distinctive and/or unsettling and thus an asset. from there there's no point of either one of us trying to convince the other of their viewpoint as both points of view are valid differences of perspective
>Then stop posting on a music discussion board
you know you can discuss things other than a particular song's objective qualities on a music discussion board right