Is marijuana degenerate?

Is weed degenerate Sup Forums?

I've seen a wide array of opinions regarding marijuana use on this board.

Once in a while is ok but doing it a lot is degenerate trash tier.

Yes
It's like soma in Brave New World
It makes one complacent, uncaring, and unproductive. Furthermore, weed culture destroys individuality

>requiring the influence of a substance to live life

How does weed culture destroy individuality?

>being this brainwashed

getting my medical MMJ card actually made me less of a dude weed lmao.

i went from smoking every night (copious amounts, too) to smoking twice or so every 3 months. its lost its magic for me.

its no more degenerate than getting trashed drunk on booze, in fact id argue its less simply because it won't ever kill you like alcohol kills so many every year.

as murricans we are hipocrites when it comes to cannabis law: lets put little bars everywhere where everyone can drive on up, get shit faced, legally. but oh no you best not drive!

all the while a plant is illegal. lol k, murrica.

furthermore, lately the VA and government are stating they recognize cannabis as a valid treatment for PTSD and are now recommending it to vets........so its legal in our nations capitol and other states, legal for our vets, but illegal for everyone else.

lol k, murrica.

because they are all the same
>listen to Phish
>grow dreads
>share 420 memes on social media
>smoke some shitty bong every day
>watch Cheech and Chong

Yeah it really is

Yesterday I was working for 11 hours, came back home, had a joint and read a book

I mean, how is that even allowed

Sometimes I go as far as playing my guitar when I'm high

It should be punishable by torture and death

I dont smoke it anymore but the law is way too harsh on weed. I just had a friend who was pulled over two years ago. He had less than a gram of weed on him, pretty much nothing. They slapped him with a drug paraphernalia charge and let him go home. Seems fair right? A couple weeks ago he was arrested for "possession of marijuana" from the weed he had two years ago. Apparently the first set of cops put out a warrant for his arrest for less than a gram of weed. He's now on a year probation, has to go to AA meetings, do community sevice, he has spent over 1500 in charges/bail and they will be going through his text mesages for the next year. He also had a completely clean record before all of this.

Compare that to a friend of mine who broke into someone's house and stole their Xbox and he only got 6 months probation, no community service.

I dont know what pshish is
I dont have dreads
I dont have social media
I dont own a bong
I dont find cheech and chong entertaining

And yet I smoke

So how does that fit into your scheme of logic?

It's no coincidence that every blazer I know is a complete loser.

>falling for the herbal jew

Youre pretty fucking blind. Ill admit there are lot of DUDE WEED people like that but a good 20% of stoners are cool people. Too much of anything is bad so I wont argue that they are better off but not all stoners are the druggy type of guys.

If you are worried about what society thinks of what you do in your own home with your own money then there is something wrong with you. The same is true if you care about what others do.

this

Waking up and doing it is a shitty thing to do but whether you'd like to believe it or not I've become a more staunch conservative SINCE using cannabis. When used like a responsible human being it's far less degenerate than alcohol on account of you can go to work the next day without a hangover AND it's a working mans best friend after a 15 to 16 hour work day, helps your muscles relax and gets you ready for the next one.

This, never smoked marijewana in my life and never planning to. Lost good friends to this shitty drug.

>hey user, wanna try some puffs?
>nah guys that's a drug
>laughter.stopbeingapussy
>friends having fun, user sitting alone in the corner pondering what weed does to your brain
>never get invited back to chill with them cuz buzzkill
>lost friends

You didn't have to smoke with them, all you gotta do is say no and not give a fuck. I'm sure you act weird around smokers because you think it fucks them up or something

>putting words in my mouth
I lost 3 of my best friends because they became addicts, it all started with smoking weed at parties and progressively got more extreme. I cut contact because they tried to get me to give them money for drugs, while already owing me money from earlier loans.

I never had any interest in trying weed because just tobacco makes me nauseous.

Liquor is more defenerate in my opinion. It turns women into whores and turns men in to big talking fighters.

Weed on the other hand calms you down, makes you laugh, makes you eat and has some health improving medical benefits pafticularly for Crohns disease and back pain.

Yes it's degenerate in the same way getting drunk or getting high off anything else is degenerate. Compromising your normal, healthy thinking is pathetically degenerate.

It's especially bad if you smoke regularly before your brain is fully developed (age ~25) because it has long term consequences.

I used to smoke a lot of weed and I don't miss it at all. I was never part of the dude weed lmao culture but now I realize how much of a child I was to debase myself

fegget

They're all degenerates who should be dragged behind the sauna for a shot in the head

Maybe it's because everyone you know are complete losers.

the 'culture' is not okay. but i see weed as just like alcohol. once in while is okay.

As long as you wait until your early twenties to do it, no.

Drugs make you stupid and eventually kill you. That goes for cannibalis as well - why do you think it's called that in the first place?