youtu.be/uhEyLuZe41w
youtu.be/wsKSoedI_-8?t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=kRoJELdvK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=fTDmoLzfpnA
youtube.com/watch?v=K41N0uKefrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

black metal

I COME FORWAAAAAAARD

Truly one of the worst micro-genres of all time.

white water

>Cosmic Edition
Fuck yeah, this shit here is underrated as hell
Trou Noir - Nova

fuck you brainlet
just because you can't comprehend the vastness of the cosmos doesn't mean is bad
Space is obviously the next frontier and what's bleaker, colder, more devoid of life than the frozen norwegian forests? Fucking space.

>Truly one of the worst micro-genres of all time.

so under rated it does not even exist on the internet

Yes it does

Funny that you post exactly the kind of shithead who likes it then.

never listened to other space black but this recording here is my favourite black metal record of all time. Gate of nanna is such a trascendental song. Also I love 1 how the war metal R I F F S are mixed so bad that it gives an hypnotic vibe 2 the moments like sadomatic rites where they use riffs that a 70s rock feel to them. also the final part on solomons gate has. Similar albums? That are space black preferibly?

Post obscure cosmic BM nothing on the chart

LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GODS ROCK N ROLL

their first demo

meme metal

Cheers bb

post your week 2 chart. whatre you excited to listen to for week 3?

>Ythogtha and Pazuzelhomet
Fucking nice dude

false fate is my shit, man

How much other black noise have you heard? I've shilled a decent amount of here but I can rec you more if you want more.

not much. i have some really really raw stuff but nothing i could label as noise so please please please give me some recs

Hit 100, time for a new chart

>whatre you excited to listen to for week 3?

I need more 2017 shit but I'm looking forward to going through my backlog and more dungeon synth

You got it senpai.
Gnaw Their Tongues and De Magia Veterum are essentials, Enbillulugugal, Vegas Martyrs, T.O.M.B., Abruptum, Black Beasts, Зaтyхaниe, Elw, literally anything you can find from the Bolvs record label, Bakbakwalanooksiwae, Sutekh Hexen, Ghola - King

Oh and if you haven't listened to Wold, listen to Wold.

>nearly 10 years since their last full length
>that was actually just a collection of older songs anyway
>no Wolf
>no Unhold
What's up with this band?

How do you make the albums be all the same size?

I guess the band is... *puts on sunglasses*
just absurd

I hate you

neverendingchartrendering.org/

I know dude, but when I put it in top 100 mode it sizes out my albums like this

make a collage, not a top 100

I see, go to option and click collage

Somehow I never noticed those sliders there to change the collage, well I know now. Thanks

Opinion on Nahvalr?

MY BONES ARE DECAYED MY FLESH IT DOTH ROT

Very solid, but not my not my favorite.

why are the donald on a pile of skull posters the most basedest donald posters?

>no Unhold
He left Absurd? Now this is bad news, I love his vocals.

One of the best riffs, when that hits while I'm driving I almost get in a crash every time

youtube.com/watch?v=fBfyV-mB-yA
There's some really good stuff on this Black Metal podcast.
Right now, I'm listening to Two Runes - Inferior invaders

is there any black metal that incorporates elements of jazz? maybe jazz drumming perhaps

Founding member JFN has reformed the band with a new line-up of committed session musicians, while he himself will perform vocal duty. JFN explains this decision in a brief public statement: "It's not a novelty for Absurd to replace some members every now and then, this has happened more than once ever since 1992. When band activity dropped to zero after 2012, me and Wolf concluded that I should give it a try and reform Absurd once more. Our first live apperance will take place at the Asgardsrei festival, where Commando Wolf, long-time friend of Absurd, will join us to play bass guitar. Together we'll play the entire tracklist of the notorious "Asgardsrei"-album, from 1998, as well as some classic songs of the early band history. Be there or drop dead!"

Almost at 100.

Looking forward to listening to more new stuff. I've revisited a lot this year because I hadn't listened to black metal in months before this.

Some user asked for weird/psychedelic/noise/experimental BM last thread, I'll post my recs again in case anyone wants em.
Jute Gyte - Perdurance
Drottnar - Welterwerk (mathy BM)
Urfaust - Ritual Music for the True Clochard (noisy)
Dodheimsgard - Satanic Art
Dodheimsgard - 666 International (IBM)
Thorns - Thorns (IBM)
Abigor - Fractal Possession (almost "mechanical" in its execution and complexity)
Lugubrum - Face Lion, Face Oignon (they call themselves brown metal)
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
Havukruunu - Kelle Surut Soi (closest I have heard to Nokturnal Mortum)
Thy Catafalque - Rengeteg
Dodecahedron - Dodecahedron
Dodecahedron - kwintessens (DsO worship)
Nachash - Conjuring the Red Death Eclipse (somewhat psychedelic, hard to find their stuff)
youtu.be/uhEyLuZe41w (favorite song from them, highly recommend)
Khonsu - The Xun Protectorate (2016 AOTY)
Bölzer - Roman Accupuncture (anything by them, really)

That Fallen Years comp is fantastic. First time I heard it was the middle of a pretty cold winter, it was comfy desu

Do people unironically think pic related is actually good? I understand it's influence and how extreme it was at the time but it's aged like milk and sounds rediculous.

White ward - futility report
Black metal with jazzy sax

It's an expression of pure darkness. Only the darkest mind could create something so powerful with such simplicity

It's better than DMDS

Anubi - Kai Pilnaties Akis Užmerks Mirtis

Are you retarded?

....And it stands as a monument to this band's legendary status to this day. A powerful reminder of where it all began
Honestly I've never heard anything quite like it or comparable.

Did he do the clean vocals or the screamed vocals? I never know who's doing what in that band.

Post your favorite bm album from your country. I'll start

youtu.be/wsKSoedI_-8?t=1s

No. Are you?

No. Have a good day sir

You too

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Probably this or something by Judas Iscariot.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRoJELdvK5M

Satanic Warmaster - Fimbulwinter is supposed to be there

The closing track is absolute GOD tier.

This music isn't (necessarily) bad, but it's /shugazi/ first and foremost. Not /nbbmn/.

Agreed, I think there could be a case of a black gaze album that fits if it was only just black gaze but none of these albums fit

It's black metal with shoegaze production. Just because most bands tend to add elements of post rock doesn't mean it's not metal.

ANARCHY
VIOLENT TORTURE
ANTICHRIST
LUCIFER
SON OF SATAN

I think stuff like Woods of Desolation, Austere, Aryan Art, Velvet Cacoon, and Lantlos could be argued as atmoshit because the shoegaze influence isn't really front and center the way it is with Alcest or Deafheaven.

Either way I personally think they count for nbbmn because most of these albums have enough bm influence for my ears, except for maybe stuff like So Hideous and Cold Body Radiation.

I also haven't bothered with a lot of it so I can't really say one way or another.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTDmoLzfpnA

this triggers the dumbs

youtube.com/watch?v=K41N0uKefrY
2kvlt4u, kiddos

that's actually p cool

This is so good.

Woods of Desolation is absolutely ABM, I don't think there's much in the way of arguing the contrary.

The whole EP is remarkable, but, sadly, I can't say the same for their latest album. They put out a new song this year, so I'm expecting a new album this next year.

that's a fine chart buddy

numenorean is just too edgy for me.
yeah, im a faggot.

DARKER DAAAAAAAAAAYYSSSS

Disgusting indeed

any recs?

It is indeed. Same label as this if I’m not mistaken

important death metal release

P gay imho

Gonna drop some similar(ish) albums based on a few of those.

>Goat Horns:
Kataxu - Roots Thunder
Fanisk - Noontide
Graveland - Immortal Pride
All of these are "epic" with heavy emphasis on keyboards
>Lyöden taudein ja kirouksin:
Sargeist - Let the Devil In (also similar to Arckanum's ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ)
Behexen - By the Blessing of Satan
And basically any Finnish BM with that traditional melodic-yet-aggressive riffing style
>Ominous Doctrines:
Immortal obviously if for whatever reason you're not familiar with them
>L'ordure à l'état pur
Not necessarily similar but if you want more non-traditional or "weird" BM you could check out these:
Todesstoß - Hirngemeer
The Meads of Asphodel - Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua

Chainsaw Gutsfuck is a 10/10 song like that song fucking grooves

Thanks will check them out

>Immortal obviously if for whatever reason you're not familiar with them

Of course i am familiar with them just didnt listen to them this month since i wanted to try out some new shit

>/nothingbutnumalesnovember/

I REMEMBER IT WAS HERE I DIED
BY FOLLOWING THE FREEZING MOON

>Of course i am familiar with them
Not surprised, just had to make sure. I've seen people who have skipped a lot of essential bands because they've only received a bunch of obscure recommendations to start with.

>be listening solely to black metal for more than half of a year
>some fags come and think listening to it for a month and posting on facebook makes them not tourists

kekkle

>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>be listening solely to black metal for more than half of a year
>half a year
>implying this is a long time

Post minimalist BM.

Alright you scumfucks,

I made a fanzine dedicated to BLACK METAL OV DEATH. 20 pages of visual degeneration in the form of collages, all based on BLACK METAL songs. Comes with a freely downloadable mixtape, a soundtrack to the carnage.

Get in touch if you want one. Open to trades as well.

[email protected]

do y'all like the cover of my demo that I'll never make cause I can draw but I can't make music?
inspired by this but I couldn't get the texture right