ChanZero General - What is the point of the Tooth Child?

Is he from another creepy pasta! He seems so fucking out of place and has contributed almost nothing to the story or any relevance to what's going on in the show.

With only one episode left until Season 1 ends, this thing better be worth all the useless screen time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VN0vSIBnUNo&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The show just isn't enjoyable so far. The actor's face bothers me and I don't know how I find the strength to come back to it every week. I can't wait till this season is over and the next story turns out to be better.

They really turned dropped the gun on an interesting premise.

I assume it's either the teacher's son or some form of the twin brother being kept alive somehow from children's teeth.

I've enjoyed the season enough so far. There's been some great, tense moments and awesome imagery. I'm also glad that it's almost over because there wasn't enough story to drag out over any additional episodes.

Hopefully the ending will be satisfying.

Found the pleb.

Channel Zero is patrician as fuck. Really hope the final episode resolves everything in a satisfying manner. Has some great imagery and isn't being directed by a fucking five year old. I can only remember one jump scare in the entire show.

It's the perfect sort of "man is beset upon by bullshit" storyline that I love so much.

The look on Mike's face when the teacher was done telling him that story was perfect.

Also the tooth kid is the twin.

>They really turned dropped the gun on an interesting premise

couldn't agree more. the premise and the creepiness are the only things going for it.
everything else is shit tier.

>The look on Mike's face when the teacher was done telling him that story was perfect.

Brandanawics' reactions and line deliveries have been one of the best parts of this show.

I wish I could find it on youtube or something but there was a great scene earlier on where his mom asks him if she should make some tea and without looking at her he just goes "TEA!?"

Great moment!

That looks cool
What is this? Is it worth watching?

If you like Stephen King-esque horror than I'd definitely recommend.

Great imagery and decent story.

I like how it is relatively CG free and they haven't blown their wad yet. It's clear this is a show on a smaller budget but they work well around it. I'm glad tooth kid is a real tangible thing. I like the rest of the show fine too even if it feels like an older script someone bolted the creepypasta to.

Where can the original creepypasta be found?

I have to say I'm enjoying this far more than AHS this year. I don't like the main guy that much but he's far better in this than he was in Parks and Rec.

There are more unsettling and creepy moments. More Lynchian moments, with characters to care for and a good story.

Here's Mr.Creepypasta's reading!
youtube.com/watch?v=VN0vSIBnUNo&t=2s

I was surprised at how much the one chick's death bothered me. It was so sudden and shot so well.

where can I watch this show lads?

Syfy, Tuesdays at 9 PM Eastern! Last episode is tomorrow.

I enjoy this shit a lot. Lily a qt.

Wow this looks good.
How is the show called????

Channel Zero: Candle Cove

based of the Creepy-pasta Candle Cove

Hey Syfyfag how did /x/ feel about this, especially in terms of royalties?

I know the producers, Max Landis and the other guy, said they were workshopping ideas for the next season but they were having trouble finding the original creator for something, so I would assume they'd already done that for Candle Cove and NoEnd House.

hes probably going to be the link between all the different stories desu

noendhouse is the microblog version of house of leaves, how does that work in terms of copyright?

also, do you think landis is an /x/phile or channer?

Yes.
I don't know much about Landis, but the last time he was on moviefights he mentioned Sup Forums.

And I don't know anything about copyright, I would assume they could've adapted stories posted on public forums without permission if they wanted to, the talking to creators part just seemed like goodwill on their part.

welp. HoL didn't do well in the sales dept. anyway and Danielewinsky is a hipster who doesn't care much about royalties. maybe Landis can get him on-board for s2. Shit, maybe their team-up could produce a full season adaptation.

Glad you crazy diamonds like this season, got some cool shit planned fo NoEnd House.

>The actor's face bothers me
You're fired.

It's actually a girl.

You're insane, Parks and Rec guy is perfect.

>house of leaves

Ah okay, that's cool. I just assumed judging by the name it was gonna be like 1408, where the protag thinks they've left the house but they're still in it.

>the cute young version of the teacher saying "whatever you want" when Eddie asks her to do something

its is. havent you read no end house? the mc gets out of it then when they get home they realize that they are actually still in it.

tsk tsk max don't admit ignorance of contemporary cult horror texts, your internet cred suffers. for real, try to get danielewski to collab, maybe even do a movie

I'm reading these creepypastas now and man are they shit
>wow this room is spooky
>but check this out:
>THIS NEXT ONE IS EVEN SPOOKIER
and the Candle Cove one was just stale

>e missed all the glorious verticals, gifs, youtube and soundcloud links as immersion aids erytime fresh new pasta dropped on /x/ or Sup Forums
that's sad son

>verticals
christ
I mean I like the idea that people use internet to it's full potential like that, it's interactive, you can have sound, pictures, text, moving picture etc. but that don't do anything to me really.

then y r u here xcept 2 push a tired rustle game

I like the actor because he perfectly plays the common sense character who read the script and just wants to get it over with. Like this scene where he tells the cop to just stay there until he can move the plot along.
But yeah, I'm kind of fucking bored with the story already. Psychic kids is some vanilla Stephen King shit, just get it over with. Creepypastas never make sense logically, why bother stretching one for the whole season

I was hoping the creepypastas would be good
Maybe convince me to watch the series

nah dont watch it

Curious about who owns the rights to creepypastas.
Do studios just steal it, confident that some basement dweller couldn't possibly afford a lawyer to sue them?

This also relates to that idiotic Slenderman doc on HBO. It'd be nice to see an SCP anthology webseries someday, but that'd be a nightmare of rights to unfuck in itself.

Yeah wasn't planning to, I meant I hoped the pastas maybe could have made me interested.

>so then, we show a spoopy scene but it was actually just a dream
>within a dream lel!
>and we do it 20 times in every episode

I doubt anyone bothers to copyright the pastas, so, public domain, I guess?

Noendhouse's author was working with SyFy a long time ago. He posted stuff about being excited about an upcoming project, so he has known about it before season 1 even premiered. Syfy ordered this show for 2 seasons off the bat, so Noendhouse was set in stone already. I'm glad the original author might have a say in its ending since he never finished it due to negative feedback on part 3.

this thread made me google and found out candlecove is attributed, has a cc license and was published by the de-anoned author who is credited by the show. the creepypasta wiki has most authors attributed so why not the same for scp, altho i can't think of one scp flagship story, theyre more like props or story aids

It specifically states that its based on the short story by [insert name here]

I'm beginning to wonder what the point of this whole show is. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of the concept of the show in general so I might be biased but I"m getting frustrated with the lack of anything truly intriguing happening.

Skinwalker for season 3 make it happen Landis you pedocuck

It was, she had an air about her that implied she was going to be a significant part in the story then she bites the dust out of the blue, but it didn't feel unjustified either.

You do realize the point of that is the brother trying to mentally break him down?

Yeah but the actual result is breaking down my interest in watching. Why do I care what happens if 50% of all scenes is some sort of dream sequence

I'm so hyped but scared for the finale tomorrow I want it to have a satisfying ending.

Because they're shot and edited and placed well, and they look cool.
You'd probably think Twin Peaks is boring.

>No End House
What are they going to do there? 8 episodes of the dude going through doors? Or will they unnecessarily overcomplicate the story just so we can arrive at the same obvious ending?

How's the show doing ratings wise? Has the show performed well internationally? It comes on a channel called 5star in my country which I didn't even know existed until last night.

It's been renewed for another season or two based on the first few episodes of the first half of season 1 alone.

Nice, I hope it blows up its brilliant.
Maybe Netflix should grab the first season and advertise it so everybody can see it.

ALL HANDS ON DECK

>Could you please stop saying that?

/ourguy/

>ep 1 was amazing
>ep 2 was amazing
>ep 3 was garbage human drama shit with nothing spooky or interesting
>ep 4 was decent with a few great scenes
>ep 5 was decent with a few great scenes
will the finale hold up?

If qt cop dies it'll be a shit ending.

they just keep killing all the women...

a CUTE!