Green Room

I've seen it with my neighbour yesterday, and it was quite good.

First off, I'd like to say I agree with Jay on the depiction of the punk scene. Saulnier gave the impression like he either was in it, or made some research and knew what he was talking about. That scene where they went on the stage and started with the Dead Kennedys's Nazi Punks Fuck Off cover was hillarious.

The movie was quite suspensful, as well. I really like movies like Green Room and The Thing, because calustrophobic action/thriller movies are one of my favorites. Green Room really sucked me into it, and kept me there throuought it's 90 something minutes. Also, the directing was solid, too.

The only negatives I could think off was the uninteresting villain, though what we got was servicable for the movie it was for. Not a lot of characters got their characterization to truly invest me in them, but that was also understandable since the movie's pressence isn't in dire need of complex characters and what not. There were a couple of retarded character choices, though I won't bitch too much about it, since I don't know what I'd do in that kind of situation, since I've never been in one or in a similar one.

Overall, it was quite solid and very suspensful. Definitely shows how a simple premise can lead to a quite good movie, that is basic yet well crafted.

Forgot to include

TL;DR:
>Quite basic, yet well crafted and was a damn good thriller.

>There were a couple of retarded character choices

Such as? The only one I can think of is they should have fired the gun to attract attention.

When one of them said to split up, and when they exited the bar only to get shot like a bunch of retards.

Splitting up makes sense as at least some of them would be likely to escape, and the gang might actually be smart enough to give up if one of the band gets away clean to alert the authorities (hence the manager giving up at the end)

But it's also quite risky, especially when you're not sure how many of them are there. That one guy that broke the fat nazi's arm did split and got ambushed. And that wasn't the only one.

It is high rewarding, yet it's also quite risky, too.

shameless bump.

I thought it was pretty reasonable that when they left the building to sort of make a stand they got btfo because really, what was a bunch of punk kids going to do against all those well prepared, well positioned neo nazi's?

enjoyed the movie, good example of a simple premise well executed. Went in hoping to be entertained and got what I wanted

Shitthy movie with a meme ending

It's not that they were going outside of their room that they were in, it's when they exited a bar while they were surely going to get ambushed by the enemy that was retarded, though it's a minor flaw for me, since the movie was quite good overall.

Buzzwords the post.

yeah that's what I meant, I thought it was a stupid idea as well and I'm glad that got assblasted for doing something so stupid

Oh, I got your post wrong. A decent amount of Green Room was them doing shit and getting btfo'd, which I liked, too.

I liked it, it was very tense.
The Jiu Jitsu was even better than most movies (though still shit).

stupid shit*

Jiu Jitsu?

Tell someone who gives a shit

it was okay

preferred Blue Ruin

This triggers Sup Forums

Yes, one of the main guys was was apparently a competitive BJJ practitioner, hence the rear naked choke and the arm bar.

It's the new meme martial art (preceded by krav maga).

This was good, but Blue Ruin is a better film overall.

Sup Forums gets triggered by everything.

Oh, that.

Post yfw this

I was a little bit grossed out by it.

I thought you were going to post the scene when the dog returned to his master