Very good posts.

Weakest song on the album tbdesu.

Duran Duran is for Women
Japan is for Boys
Roxy Music is for Men

Tears for Fears is better

Duran Duran is for straight men.

Japan and Roxy Music are for homos.

Yeah their 80's albums are all pretty great, while it declined in 86, they still put out solid songs on at least ever album.

>Factally Objective

What do you have to say about their efforts since the 80s?

Too Bad Youre So Beautiful was a god tier song. I forget the name of that album, but I was suprised at how good it was.

It also had Girl Panic on it.

All You Need Is Now. It's pretty good all-around, almost made up for Thank You and Pop Trash.

Then the relentless mediocrity of Paper Gods happened.

The only album I don't like is Red Carpey Massacre, Paper Gods and All You Need is probably the best since the 90s. But every other album has a song or two that I enjoy off it at the very least. It isn't as good as the original run, but they're making better music that REO and Styx or other bands from the 80's now.

You like Thank You and Pop Trash? Do you even remember Liberty?

Duran Duran is for heterosexual men and women.

Japan is for gay men.

Roxy Music is for women.

>t. Paper Gods is weak

I'll give you Lohan hurt her track, but you can't tell me there aren't some tracks worth revisiting or dancing to. It's a fun album, and I think translates much better than say an Aerosmith's Music from Another Dimension did to capturing an older spirit.

Careless Memories is good

It's not bad, but... I've never particularly wanted to listen to any of its tracks. Whenever I want to listen to 'new' Duran Duran, I just listen to All You Need Is Now again. Still, I reasonably enjoyed most of Paper Gods, I just forgot it as soon as it was over.

Except Danceophobia. It's the most appalling, actively unpleasant song they've ever put out and that includes all the garbage on Thank You.

>when the bassline on Planet Earth hits

I do, I like enjoy a few songs off Liberty (it isn't amazing but it's fun). Plus I think it's more of a transition album. Like you hear vibes of their earlier stuff mixed with vibes of what was to come.Can You Deal with It is probably my favorite track.

Thank you is a tribute album, and I do really dig the cover of Perfect Day and 911 is a Joke. Lay Lady Lay is pretty good too in terms of a tribute album.

Pop Trash has some questionable moments, but I do like Kiss Goodbye (the interlude), Lady Xanax and The Sun Doesn't Shine Forever. But I don't think it's a travesty. I've heard far worse records from great bands.

Duran Duran = Rio > Seven and the Ragged Tiger > All You Need Is Now > Notorious >>> the rest

Lohan kills the track in my opinion, but I have revisited a few of the songs here and there on Paper Gods

it's not ok not to

accurate

>ywn be the most glamorous band of the 80s and take turns railing Renee Simonsen's tight ass and smelling her hair

The only thing that's no OK is being an insecure manboy faggot who has to ask other people what he's allowed to like.

The only two things worth a damn on Thank You are Drive By and the White Lines cover (no, seriously). The only two tracks on liberty I can honestly say I enjoyed are Read My Lips and All Along the Water. And I actually have a soft spot for Pop Trash. Pop Trash Movie is pretty good and so is Playing With Uranium.

I actually like all those songs you've listed. Though I can't really remember the Drive By cover, it's been a while since I've sat though Thank You. So I'll give it a listen.

I do think All Along the Water is a weird title, like it's too close to the Dylan track. Maybe that's the joke, but I'll never get when people do stuff like that. solidly enjoyable tune though.

>the Drive By cover
It's not a cover. It's like a continuation to The Chauffeur. It's pretty nice.

I am listening to it now and I picked up on that when the ocarina line came in. I think it's probably the best track, while I do enjoy the album it's kinda lowkey and chill. This feels more grand in my opinion.

Also listening to the Chauffeur while driving at night in the winter with the windows open and feeling the cold down your spine is literally one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in my entire life.

I've come close to that. Only I was walking around at night while it was raining. Started to purposefully enter streets I don't normally go to just because it's a little bit creepier. Asking to be robbed, yes, but at the moment it felt worth it.

It's a horribly underrated track, though. It's up there with the best songs released in the 80s, if you ask me.

I agree easily one of the top 500 pop songs in my opinion.

That hair probably stinks tbeh.

wrong-o

Go away mom

I wish my mom could appreciate Duran Duran

but she was already too old in the 80s