Proof that Steve Albini is a dickhead retarded. Start at 6:58

Proof that Steve Albini is a dickhead retarded. Start at 6:58

youtube.com/watch?v=tIoR3PYpduo&t=2109s

What that one guy about the sampler being to the instrumentalist what the photographer is to the painter was very well said.

of course he's a dickhead, doesn't mean i'm gonna stop listening to rapeman, the jesus lizard, etc.

>Proof that Steve Albini is a dickhead retarded.
How so? he's not wrong.

But using samples IS cheap and easy,

It's more like taking a picture of the Mona Lisa and saying "look what I made" though

he's not wrong though

u little fuckin cunts, just because u sampled something it doesnt mean that your music is shit

for example death grips, i want it i need it

u want to tell me that u could rap like mcride?

youre just a bunch of kartoffelficker

It's not that he doesn't make any good points, it's that he's making sweeping generalizations. He refers to a specific type of sample-based music, what he's saying isn't applicable to something like The Avalanches. MC Hammer basically stole Rick James' song and sang new words over it, literally anyone can do that, but the Avalanches take sound collage to the extreme to make a totally new piece of music.

>samples are lazy
>used a drum machine sampler
What did he mean by this?

why are death grips fans so irascible?

in context i agree: simply using the backing track of an existing song because you 'like' it and putting a minimal amount of new stuff over it is lazy and unoriginal
however i highly doubt albini's referring (or is even aware of) the more artistically complex uses of sampling in say plunderphonics or good hip-hop which is more, as he says, 'aware'

obligtory

>however i highly doubt albini's referring (or is even aware of) the more artistically complex uses of sampling in say plunderphonics or good hip-hop which is more, as he says, 'aware'
lol

by the guy that uses a shitty drum machine instead of a drummer

yeah
from what i know of albini i think he's been taken out of context, he's not a retard. i think he's specifically referring to samples by say mc hammer

Yes cause basic "booms and baps" and playing your own music over it is the same as taking someone else's song, not even fucking covering it with your own instruments, and just talking over it.
Steve's right. Sampling is lazy as fuck and probably the lowest form of music. Yes you can throw samples in, that's fine as long as you're actually playing your own stuff too. But when your entire song is just the sample played over and over again then you didn't make anything, you stole. At least have the dignity to cover the music with your own tools.

this is not how i remember french house

No, meaning if you know anything about Albini, he is more into performance-based recordings/art (how the artist actually sounds in an environment; few takes; minimal post-production). He wouldn't give a fuck about genres based on music that needs to be constructed.

oh fair enough, i kinda knew that but obviously didn't factor that in otherwise i wouldn't have defended him
yeah he's a philistine

Not really. He's right. That's why I lolled at your shitty claim in the first place

you're a fucking pleb mate

Oh how long have you been studying music theory?

i mean i could tell you but as this is the internet you're not going to believe anything i say so I'm just going this argument quits now
>inb4 faggot who can't back up talk
from this point on there is quite literally nothing i can do or say to make you change your mind so i'm not going to bother. Thanks!

Does he even know what Vampire Rodents are

>i mean i could tell you
Sure, because "Never" is an easy word to post user

electronic "art" music doesn't sound like that, it sounds like an unassembled puzzle

so basically that

the picture's too fluid looking in my opinion

HIP HOP BTFO!