Badass Psychedelic Rock Bands Thread -

Post your best recommended songs
I dont really know much besides Tame Impala, which is the one who introduced me to this soul blowing genre.

Also, is it recommended consuming strong psychedelics to listen to this music? Has anyone ever done that? I really feel like doing it one day but it scares me a bit. Would like some guidance on the matter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q1vpFmRtb3c
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5920D56C3AE11DD0
youtube.com/watch?v=9uuipeP3Dw8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzb8wwMYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bvSKgWBHIOE
youtube.com/watch?v=nRyjPhgxWpc
youtube.com/watch?v=-aVqVcZAiAc
youtube.com/watch?v=_J8GGFIKA3o
youtube.com/watch?v=zOwPNoobhmA
youtube.com/watch?v=lh2qHxUDt6o
youtube.com/watch?v=jwc_gosvQ_A
youtube.com/watch?v=vhlCYxdHT7M
youtube.com/watch?v=BLeD-noeii8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is the kind of post someone's dad writes.

you're about to get memed to oblivion

check out todd rundgren

currents is good, everything else is derivative and unoriginal to the point of being straight up plagiarism.

how he has garnered attention for his music must have something to do with how he came out of nowhere-ville in australia.

im not a die hard fan boy but i genuily think all his albums are pretty fucking rad and soul touching. the guy's a genious desu.

he doesnt sound very psychedelic to me user. he sounds more like general 80's low energy rockie band. give me something good

Check out Post Animal. Based out of Chicago, sound like Tame Impala, just rougher and more sophomoric.

Also the guy who plays Steve in Stranger Things is in it.

yeah but you think you spell genius 'genious'

not to pigeon-hole you or anything, but you're the kind of person i'd expect to defend him

wow, just got my ass BTFO'd
how will i ever recover

he sounds amazing desu, just listened to When i get home
will deffo dig more about these guys

Currents will chill you out if you're having a bad trip, I don't recommend planning DUDE PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC trips though, waste of drugs imo.
>Falling for low hanging memes

i would like a chill trip fun trip with this kind of music though, not an ending up naked in the woods kind of trip. i think

All of these albums/bands are pretty decent while high. Nothing to be scared of other than the legality of aforementioned psychedelics.

Rock Classics
>Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
>L.A. Woman - The Doors
>Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Metal
>Dopethrone - Electric Wizard
>Sleep (ST)
>Dopesmoker - Sleep

Other Psych Rock
>The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band (Vol I & Vol II)
>Screamadelica - Primal Scream
>The Sizlacks

Hip-Hop
>Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde - The Pharcyde
>A Tribe Called Quest

Electronic
>Flying Lotud
>Melody A.M. - Royskopp
>Alive 2007 - Daft Punk

All of Animal Collective's discography is a result of frequent LSD usage by the band. And of course Chill Hop, Jazz Hop can be decent while tripping as well.

time heals all wounds

reading more does too

Oh yeah and Beethoven's 7th and 9th symphony are a personal favorite of mine to listen to while on LSD if you're into classical at all.

pasted like someone who has read too many wikipedia entries and has never done any drugs.

i'm not saying that is bad, just tone down the bravado.

youtube.com/watch?v=q1vpFmRtb3c

If you're serious, this is playlist is a good entry point. There are some real hidden gems in here:
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5920D56C3AE11DD0

On the matter of music on psychedelics, I listened to Yrself Is Steam by Mercury Rev on a lot of shrooms and it was actually rather unsettling. There are some dark undercurrents in that album that really creep to the surface as your expanded consciousness begins to perceive them.

loved it
specialy the capoeira part
ddnt see that coming

Fever the Ghost

youtube.com/watch?v=9uuipeP3Dw8

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzb8wwMYQ

i always wondered if chickening out and changing the track on the part of the tracks that get pretty dark was just me being a pussy when high and listening to psych music
glad to see im not the only one who feels the same way

the first one is too schizo for my taste
the second one doesnt play

youtube.com/watch?v=bvSKgWBHIOE
Pond and Gum are Kevin's buds and part of Tame Impala

i feel a Let it happen vibe on this song somehow

Less intense
youtube.com/watch?v=nRyjPhgxWpc

More intense
youtube.com/watch?v=-aVqVcZAiAc

I can see that. Kevin parker actually remixed that song, made it kind of a club song

I think it's mostly in David Baker's paranoid schizophrenic lyrics but the swirling noise gives them an edge that just cut through me like a knife and put me in a very uncomfortable state of mind.

the babe rainbow. another psychedelic 60's throwback band

thats just plain rock mate. there's no magic to be found in those tracks
the first one is good tho

>doesnt sound psychedelic in a tame impala kind of way
nigga lonerism was based on this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=_J8GGFIKA3o

Orang-utang
youtube.com/watch?v=zOwPNoobhmA

>tfw last time I tripped I planned out a music playlist but got too nervous to play it
ended up just listening to the symphonies of the planets

I'd strongly disagree. How are neither of those riffs psychedelic? In fact, what is your definition of psychedelic?

i would deff take back my words for the first one, i was quick to judge
but the second one sounds like a pink floyd who never made it because he never got in touch with his psychedelic inner part and so he just did the best he could but deep down inside he knows its not real psych rock

honestly i find it hard to actively trip to music. audio is just such a small part of the overall experience that it is hard to stay focused on it alone while also ignoring the increased sensitivity to whatever ambient sounds are around

youtube.com/watch?v=lh2qHxUDt6o

Earthless is more stoner rock, but I'd say that stoner rock is an offshoot of psychedelic rock with other elements combined into it. Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of psychedelic-era Pink Floyd, I just think it sounds weird and off-putting. Early Soft Machine has a few psychedelic tracks you might like though.
youtube.com/watch?v=jwc_gosvQ_A

In accordance with its very nature, what is "psychedelic" should not be defined so concretely. For example, The Moody Blues and Spacemen 3 have very few musical similarities but the works of both are often described as "psychedelic".

really makes me think

youtube.com/watch?v=vhlCYxdHT7M
good shit

Dude, the fucking Babe Rainbow. Yeah.

I've had trips where I love the darkness of the songs, and some where it wasn't what I was in the mood for. Just let it ride man.

I really like King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard when tripping.

I need help finding a psych rock album from 1969
I only remember the cover was blue and there was a song with "foot" in it

Funkadelic has always been strongly psychedelic free your mid and your ass will follow is great but a more emotional trip is definitely maggot brain get ready to get emotional tho

Listen to Space Carbonara they're pretty trippy, more jazzy type check out Torben Unit Band

Tobacco

Kamni

Earthless

Graveyard (if you have the mind of a depressed teenage girl)

Machine

Egypt

The Black Angles

The Sword

Weird Owl

There are some others that I'm forgetting about but that should get you started OP

youtube.com/watch?v=BLeD-noeii8