What genre/style of music do you absolutely REFUSE to listen to except for perhaps a couple of exceptions?

what genre/style of music do you absolutely REFUSE to listen to except for perhaps a couple of exceptions?

>metal (excl. Paranoid and Master of Reality)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxiCp6uSvcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We are in the same boat desu, I hate doom metal, but Danzig is experimental enough for me to be interested and Chuck, John, and Glenn were the best at what they did from 88-92 imo in the metal genre; 3 and 4p are still 9/10 though

so much metal sounds like sabbath so you are a faggot for being this close minded

but i don't even really like black sabbath, i just like those two albums
i 've tried to listen to a lot of metal and it all either feels really derivative of the sound sabbath perfected in two LPs or is really corny

retards that don't know that metal is a genre with many different subgenres that each sound unique

>that reading comprehension

I think you missed the part where I said experimental? Meaning the band experimented with other sub genres within the metal genre; e.g.:

>Danzig s/t - doom w/ a hard rock twist
>Danzig II - doom w/ a blues metal tinge
>Danzig III - blues metal w/ a goth tinge
>Danzig 4p - gothic metal w/ blues & pop metal trappings

>im ignorant as fuck and proud of it
alright

Metalcore

no exceptions mate

Indie Rock

Danzig isn't experimental. You don't know what experimental means. Multiple genres =/= experimental.

Indie Rock is an umbrella term not a genre. You're discounting a lot of good rock music simply because of lack of better classification. It's like if you discounted jazz because all you've heard is elevator jazz or discounted metal because all you've heard is Metallica.

Stop consuming soy and you'll understand what metal music is about

>You don't know what experimental means. Multiple genres =/= experimental.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I'm not gonna write a 2 page essay as to why you are completely wrong, but just know that you are.

Yevh revl kvlt mvsik like blvck metvl am I right?

Botch, Converge

i dont refuse anythng but so far the only hip hop i like is tribe called quest

soyboy detected

Reggae. I fucking hate it so much.

Techno/Dance/EDM

>I can't come up with counterpoints so I'm just going to insist you're wrong

I'm very open to listening to different genres, but for the most part I stick to metal. The stuff I don't think I could ever listen to would be current pop, rap, and country. I actually enjoy 80s pop, some old rap (mostly hip hop), and Johnny Cash, though.

Fuck yeah.
Check out Norma Jean though.

>rap/hip hop (except Tupac and Biggie)

It sucks but I can listen to it and not get upset.
I'm pretty desensitized to bad music at this point because everywhere I go, people play music that I hate.

house, trance and all that dated and overused party cliché

but Black Sabbath and Sabotage are better albums.

Trap and Mumble Rap are pure shit. The modern hip-hop scene is an oversaturated wasteland.

Most varieties of hardcore metal. I like melody, I like catchy guitar riffs, I like facemelting solos, I like singers who actually have some identity and talent. None of this cookie monster screaming bullshit that took over metal in the 2000's.

Jazz except: ethopiques vol 4, taxi driver OST, and take ten by Paul Desmond.

Metal and it's worse derivatives

Reggae except: row fisherman row by the congos

trap

trance

noise shit like merzbow (i don't think that's actually music any more than my blender is)

Rap is pretty shit, i won't put it on but it's usually less offensive than other stuff on my list as long as it's before the 00's

top 40 pop

I hate monotone vocals like the modern lovers with a passion, Lou Reed gets a free pass for his other merits.

>rap or hip hop / ultra nigger music

>metal (exception: Cacophony)

noise rock and no wave

Fucking horrible music that is only praised because it's inaccessible. There's no quality to it. Any 3 year old can make an incredibly high pitched annoying guitar note and hold it, it's been done so many times now and it was never a good idea in the first place. Immediate sign of a hack artist.

Bait

New Wave (exception: Another Green World)

Trap (exception: Rodeo)

Country

Metal

Dead serious. Any music that doesn't have a focus on melody is garbage.

he's right. that's why i love the velvet underground except WLWH and the fucking viola on their debut

Everything Iggy Pop except Lust For Life.

I'm convinced everyone who praises him is just preening for cool points.

>Any 3 year old can make an incredibly high pitched annoying guitar note and hold it
youtube.com/watch?v=qxiCp6uSvcI
explain how this riff is played, then
It's understandable if you don't like atonal music, but the process that goes into composing much of it is incredibly complex, it's reductive to say otherwise.

He's a horrendous vocalist, i do like sister midnight though Bowie wrote that one

No u.

Rap/Hiphop. Except there are no exceptions.

He does some pretty good vocals on Aisha by Death In Vegas.

I've heard they're decent too. Coalesce also, but I haven't listened.

He has some decent stuff. I love Lust for Life and The Idiot and his stuff with the Stooges (first 3 albums) are all fantastic. Beyond that I haven't really looked into (nor do i feel compelled to do so). There's just something raw and youthful about those early stooges albums.

Not really that into metal, but how stupid and closed-minded do you have to be to "absolutely REFUSE" to listen to a genre? I get not listening to a genre in general because you don't like what you usually listen to, but why would you deny yourself the possibility of finding something new that excites you?

I guess it's the stereotypes associated with the genre that turns OP off. I have a hard time getting into prog because it seems so closely linked to fedoras and Rick and Morty fans.

Is this a joke? The stooges are stone cold classics

COUNTRY AND RAP XD

Post hardcore: At The Drive In, The Fall of Troy, Refused
Metal: Black Sabbath
Vaporwave: OPN

I honestly can't think of one

>noise shit like merzbow
pleb detected

trap and trance
fun coincidence that they start with the same 3 levels I guess

also I'll answer for everyone else in the thread
soukos, mbalax, mento, hindustani, minyo, zheul, etc
anything with a silly name I guess, I'll bet most of Sup Forums doesn't know what skiffle is, or think all country is simple hilly billy I-IV-V songs (this is probably Johnny Cash's fault)

people like to think they listen to new and unique music but they never delve deep enough to know if it's true or not

why in the fuck did I say levels? letters jesus christ I'm an idiot

This guy right here is on fuckin point

>hardcore metal
not a thing but I know what you're referring to
post 2000 metalcore and deathcore is mostly a bland shit show

U shit and narrow mind